Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Bowyer said 100% there would be signings this week. He could surely only say that if deals had been agreed and just needed the player to sign otherwise it's not 100%. So probably 100% no signings this week. The lack of any rumours is deafening.
  • Wonder why they have left it so late if there are going to be incominngs? Could they be trying to save a couple of weeks wages?
  • edited August 2018
    Isn’t someone from Belgium supposed to be coming tomorrow?

A suit not a player.
  • Wonder why they have left it so late if there are going to be incominngs? Could they be trying to save a couple of weeks wages?

I wondered that as well.
  • edited August 2018

Wonder why they have left it so late if there are going to be incominngs? Could they be trying to save a couple of weeks wages?

Sell before they bring in players
  • Wonder why they have left it so late if there are going to be incominngs? Could they be trying to save a couple of weeks wages?</blockquote

Premier league sides have to name their squads this week. Loans become available as a result.

• Chrispy51 said:

Bauer has just stated on twitter that he has not been offered and new contract and would not sign one if it was offered. He will leave the club at the latest next summer.

He said he wouldn't extend his current one, he didn't say he woudn't sign a new one. He hasn't been offered a new one
    "And would not extent my contract beyond 2019"
    I read that as he will not sign an extension or a new contract if it is offered to him......ie, he will simply see out his existing deal & leave next summer.

That is penny pinching at its finest. Save ourselves 2 lots of £5k.....wow, just wow.
  • edited August 2018

Chrispy51 said:

Bauer has just stated on twitter that he has not been offered and new contract and would not sign one if it was offered. He will leave the club at the latest next summer.

He said he wouldn't extend his current one, he didn't say he woudn't sign a new one. He hasn't been offered a new one
    I read that as he will not sign an extension or a new contract if it is offered to him......ie, he will simply see out his existing deal & leave next summer.
    Yes that's what he says, but why take to social media to tell everyone that. I would suggest it's a come & get me plea to other clubs as he knows full well the club would take a fee for him now, rather than lose him for free next summer.
  • If you were a real player (not desperate), would you honestly sign for Charlton at the moment!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• A player I would try and get in, if he wants to that is!?! Ben Godfrey at Norwich. Was outstanding for Shrews last season.
  • The way things are going , we could go into saturdays game with Keith Peacock as manager and Brian Cole at centre half
  • cafc4life said:

The way things are going , we could go into saturdays game with Keith Peacock as manager and Brian Cole Nat King Cole at centre half

• Blackburn and Bolton are already asking about Bauer I hear. Hardly news of the century though.
  • We gave Bolton a figure for BFG when they signed Josh and it was too rich for them. Possible RD has reduced it since as the window is half shut.
  • edited August 2018

We gave Bolton a figure for BFG when they signed Josh and it was too rich for them. Possible RD has reduced it since as the window is half shut.

Yes the tweets from BFG today have strengthened their negotiating position considerably.
  • FAVADDICK said:

Eunan o'kane being linked with us tonight

It's in the Yorkshire Evening Post. JFC replacement?
  • What kind of name is that?
  • Would be a very good signing at this level
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope this is true (from Sky)... Seeing that Southampton appear the main interest party for Aribo

MORE SAINTS SIGNINGS 'UNLIKELY'

Mark Hughes has refused to entirely rule out Southampton dipping into the transfer market before the close of the window but admits it is unlikely.

He told the Daily Echo: “At this moment in time as we stand here we are probably at a point where we are not likely to do any business but you never know. If there is something that presents itself and makes sense and you have the means and resources to do it then we will look at it.

In terms of any departures before the window closes on Thursday night, Hughes added: “I don’t think so. We have a lot of interest in a lot of the younger players but they may be best served staying here and waiting for an opportunity."
  • FAVADDICK said:

Would be a ridiculously good signing at this level, far too good for league 1.
  • cfgs said:

What kind of name is that?

An Irish one
  • Pronounced... You Nan O'Kane for anyone wondering...
  • Charlton Athletic manager Lee Bowyer is interested in signing Leeds United midfielder Eunan O’Kane with the Republic of Ireland midfielder looking for a way out of Elland Road. Bowyer, the former Leeds star, is one of a number of managers who want to take O’Kane and end his two-year stay with United before this month’s transfer deadlines pass.

Read more at: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-charlton-boss-bowyer-eyeing-up-move-for-o-kane-1-9287713
  • Chrispy51 said:

But if there are new owners and a better situation he'll have the option of staying.
  • FAVADDICK said:

He's had one pre-season friendly.
  • Ferryman said:

FAVADDICK said:

Yeah seems to have been frozen out at Leeds as played over 30 game for them last season
  • Ferryman said:

FAVADDICK said:

He’s probably only get 30 mins of first team football for us before being ruled out for 3 months.