Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• We needed one or two midfielders before JFC got injured and now we only need one? Hmm

Change the record Roland
  • I really don’t think bowyer fancies Dawkins. I reckon he’s waiting to see what else he can get within that budget before making a decision.
  • I really don’t think bowyer fancies Dawkins. I reckon he’s waiting to see what else he can get within that budget before making a decision.

Although if Bowyer didn't fancy Dawkins, surely he would have been sent on his way long before now?

It may also be, now JFC is out for the season, he needs to bring in a similar player, rather than Dawkins.
    Perhaps, if the budget was a bit bigger, then Dawkins would already have been signed.

Bowyer has already said the player has good technical ability; the only question mark was against stamina and fitness.

• Bowyer is usually spot on when he says that we're signing someone...

Only where it didnt happen was when he said we'd hopefully be signing a loanee (I guess that was Josh Cullen) only for West Ham to decide they didnt want to send him out
  • Such a shame LB was ready to ditch a player like RCC. Only imagine he was under the impression takeover and money would be available
  • Such a shame LB was ready to ditch a player like RCC. Only imagine he was under the impression takeover and money would be available

Or Roland would only offer him a 1 year contract, while Gillingham offered him a longer deal and better chance of first team football.
  • So a GK, CB and CM. Plus Dawkins?

Still light on LB and RB cover, plus another striker if Ajose goes.

This. He's good enough for our current side
  • Ross said:

So a GK, CB and CM. Plus Dawkins?

Aside from youngsters, maybe he thinks Sarr can cover LB? Assuming Pearce isn't crocked for the season...
  • Sponsored links:

• Ross said:

So a GK, CB and CM. Plus Dawkins?

Aside from youngsters, maybe he thinks Sarr can cover LB? Assuming Pearce isn't crocked for the season...
    Pearce walked around the pitch after treatment so hopefully not too badly injured. Dawkins looked fairly mobile in the friendlies. Experienced players needed.
  • Scoham said:
    I’ve regularly been on trains that aren’t going anywhere either

Seriously, that does make you wonder why he didn’t come on today
  • Colin reckons we're looking to sign 5 players and let Ajose go...
  • Scoham said:

Colin reckons we're looking to sign 5 players and let Ajose go...

That means we're selling 5 and signing 1 then
  • Scoham said:

Someone had better let Ajose know then.

• Scoham said:
    Who's left?

Aribo and the injured Fosu......plus Herr Bauer, I suppose.

• edited August 2018
    cafc4life said:

Scoham said:

That means we're selling 5 and signing 1 then
    Bowyer's said himself he wants a GK, defender and midfielder. We know he's considering Dawkins and you'd expect Ajose to be replaced. That's 5 positions we're obviously thinking about, don't have to be "ITK" to work that out. Whether it'll actually happen is another thing completely.
  • I doubt if anyone knows but do the players being discussed are they permanent and if yes, wether we are talking about additional loans once the transfer windows shut.
  • Scoham said:
    Don’t believe that tweet at all, there’s no way Ajose is going to sit on the train in first class and talk to a random fan saying he isn’t leaving but two more players are.

This screams attention seeking if I am honest. The amount of nonsense I heard on the train back this afternoon/evening is embarrassing. Far too many people either don’t have a clue or make things up to make them sound ‘cool’.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

Scoham said:
    Don’t believe that tweet at all, there’s no way Ajose is going to sit on the train in first class and talk to a random fan saying he isn’t leaving but two more players are.

This screams attention seeking if I am honest. The amount of nonsense I heard on the train back this afternoon/evening is embarrassing. Far too many people either don’t have a clue or make things up to make them sound ‘cool’.
    He reckons he spoke ti pearce as well

• Baring in mind this train he was on with all the players was less than an hour after the game finished
  • Baring in mind this train he was on with all the players was less than an hour after the game finished

That’s what I mean as well. Seems to me that he may have just said hello to Pearce and that he looked gutted, that’s about it.

Took me 30-40 minutes to get properly back with all the crowds etc. I would be surprised if any or much of what was tweeted by this person is true.
  • If the last 4 seasons are to go by. we will not be bringing in the players we need, let alone the ones the managers wants.
  • Think we are just keeping hold of Dawkins until Ajose goes which makes sense with the way things are.
  • Wondering if we are in for jem karacan? He turned down oxford last week. Think he has been mentioned before on CL.

It may well not have been Bowyer’s call, but either way I agree RCC should have been retained. A versatile and promising player he would have been useful. Think he is probably better than Marshall.
  • Joe Aribo to Southampton for £750k or less?
  • Dansk_Red said:

Joe Aribo to Southampton for £750k or less?

Where did you see this?
  • In Sunday Express, being sold due to our financial difficulties.