Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• And Reams was desoerate to sign him a year ago so it must be happening

• And congratulations everybody.

This thread reaches 100 pages.

• Rag up there says Boro want a fee.
  • edited August 2018
    I'd much prefer Ince to a Ward type CH. Cover at least two positions which seems crucial. Reece Oxford on loan? Barely played since rave reviews and can cover 2 or 3 slots.
  • I'd much prefer Ince to a Ward type CH. Cover at least two positions which seems crucial. Reece Oxford on loan? Barely played since rave reviews and can cover 2 or 3 slots.

He'll be aiming higher than us. Probably the Championship will be the first port of call
  • I'd much prefer Ince to a Ward type CH. Cover at least two positions which seems crucial. Reece Oxford on loan? Barely played since rave reviews and can cover 2 or 3 slots.

Highly doubt he would come to us after we messed him around last time, reports that we agreed to take him on loan a year or two ago and then we pulled out last minute.
  • thenewbie said:

I'd much prefer Ince to a Ward type CH. Cover at least two positions which seems crucial. Reece Oxford on loan? Barely played since rave reviews and can cover 2 or 3 slots.

He'll be aiming higher than us. Probably the Championship will be the first port of call
    20 senior games in 4 years. Would he want guaranteed game time which he may not get in 2nd tier? We have a 9 month vacancy for an athletic midfielder, Prem set-up. Can it be hard to sell for a past England international, as manager? Unless Reece used to work in McDonalds.

I thought Oxford ( not KR) had been playing for Munchgladbach in Germany?

He’s a midfielder that’s lost his way and needs to get his career going again. Throwing him in at CB probably isn’t what he needs.

We should be after a CB and CM.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018
    Scoham said:

He’s a midfielder that’s lost his way and needs to get his career going again. Throwing him in at CB probably isn’t what he needs.

He is a CB, played earlier in CM but West Spam and others see him as a defender (friend supports them)

PS- no chance we will get him, not sure why we just randomly pluck names out of thin air to create a rumour lol desperate times
  • Scoham said:

Ince and Oxford have played both. Former mostly CM, latter CD.
  • Scoham said:

He is a CB, played earlier in CM but West Spam and others see him as a defender (friend supports them)

PS- no chance we will get him, not sure why we just randomly pluck names out of thin air to create a rumour lol desperate times
    Because, deep down, we know we are getting no-one of any great shakes, but you have to live in hope, although there is not much of that with this club any more
  • Scoham said:

In the hope that Steve Gallen reads this site and gets a lightbulb moment. Plus we are local. Plus WH must be slightly defensive about the huge subsidies from London tax-payers at the expense of near neighbours.
  • Scoham said:

He’s a CM - I was talking about Ince!
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

He’s a CM - I was talking about Ince!
    Ok sorry mate got mixed up and thought you meant RO
  • edited August 2018

Highly doubt he would come to us after we messed him around last time, reports that we agreed to take him on loan a year or two ago and then we pulled out last minute.
    Which Manager was that then, must have had strong religious beliefs. :open_mouth:
  • Oggy Red said:

And congratulations everybody.

100 pages and we've signed two players. This rumours thread is even worse than the year we talked about Andy Delort for 60,000 pages and then he ended up at Wigan
  • edited August 2018

Oggy Red said:

And congratulations everybody.

100 pages and we've signed two players. This rumours thread is even worse than the year we talked about Andy Delort for 60,000 pages and then he ended up at Wigan
    Yeah but his Dad posted half of it and to be fair he did have a tear tattooed on his cheek. :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Now we know why Ince hasn't signed... he's injured.

Surely that makes him ideal for us...
  • Scoham said:

Now we know why Ince hasn't signed... he's injured.

Will fit in well with the rest of the squad then !
  • Even if Ajose and Aribo leave can't see anyone coming in under Duchatelet . He is killing our great club . Probably be only three subs against Shrewsbury .
  • I wouldn't be at all surprised if JJ comes out of retirement. Probably Bowyer too at this rate!
  • Peacock and Bolder could still be registered in time for Shrewsbury game .
  • And a decision will be made on trialist Simon Dawkins’ future before Charlton host Shrewsbury next weekend.

“There will be another goalkeeper coming and a defender to come in and also a midfielder. They are the priority [positions].”
  • "I’m sure the owner will give us another midfielder"

I'm not.
  • We have more than that as priority positions. Hopefully the stance of only looking to bring in players to improve us will change, yes it would be great to have some real depth in quality, 2 first 11 players for each position, but, unless you're a top 4 team in a major league competing for 4 trophies a season, that's not going to happen.

When fit we have what, 12 top league one players? 6 of those are injury prone and another one on the return from a long term injury (Clarke) As seen today we don't have "squad players" that can come in and do a job without having a massive impact on team performance. We have proper "like for like" cover for 3 positions and good cover in 1.

Needed:
    GK
    RB
    LB
    RCB
    LM
    CM

The GK, CM and winger will help in the immediate, but still not enough.