Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Its going to be a shit season isnt it?
  • Sage said:

cafc4life said:

None of the triallists will travel Saturday but they all know where they stand. What the fuck does that mean.

Some of the news the club issue to fans might aswel be written in fucking Swahili. Pathetic

That means that we want to sign all 3 of them but the situation at the club at the moment means we can’t so they need to wait until Bowyer is given the all clear to.
    All clear from whom ??? The Aussies ??? RD???

The Aussies are faltering so not them & LB has already said he knows his budget & who he can bring in. Pretty foolish imo if you are letting players train with you & letting them think you will be signing them. If I was one of "the 3" I'd be looking for another club & sharpish before its too late.
    All clear from RD, at the moment he is the one who holds the power and the one making decisions financially. Something is happening in the background, Golfie, we just have to be more patient. It’s tough, I know, but Bowyer would have just said we are not signing them if that was the case.

I am not saying we will be in a good position next week Thursday, but for sure we will be in a better position than we are right now in terms of squad.
  • Sage said:

Sage said:

cafc4life said:

None of the triallists will travel Saturday but they all know where they stand. What the fuck does that mean.

Some of the news the club issue to fans might aswel be written in fucking Swahili. Pathetic

That means that we want to sign all 3 of them but the situation at the club at the moment means we can’t so they need to wait until Bowyer is given the all clear to.

The Aussies are faltering so not them & LB has already said he knows his budget & who he can bring in. Pretty foolish imo if you are letting players train with you & letting them think you will be signing them. If I was one of "the 3" I'd be looking for another club & sharpish before its too late.
    All clear from RD, at the moment he is the one who holds the power and the one making decisions financially. Something is happening in the background, Golfie, we just have to be more patient. It’s tough, I know, but Bowyer would have just said we are not signing them if that was the case.

I am not saying we will be in a good position next week Thursday, but for sure we will be in a better position than we are right now in terms of squad.
    Might be waiting on Ajose leaving, rather than anything else.
    The wage bill must be drastically reduced from last season, dont think it makes any difference to that belgian fool if another players wages are off the list. Hes striping us up and doesnt give a shit.
  • Sage said:

Sage said:

cafc4life said:

Sage said:

Sage said:

cafc4life said:

If Ajose leaves I would hope we'd replace his wages on another striker.....not one of the "3" . With Vetokele currently injured we only have Taylor who has scored in this division if Ahose goes. It will be akin to last season in relation to letting strikers go on rhe eve of the transfer window............just worst.

If I was LB I'd walk. It won't do his CV any good gwtting relegated.
  • Sage said:

Sage said:

cafc4life said:

Could one of the foreign club(s) linked to Ajose be St Truiden?
  • Roland has gone full Roland. We're fucked.

Never go full Roland
  • If going “full Roland” ala Standard Liege is a precursor to him naffing off then I can live with it.
  • Full Roland will be this time next year if he's still here. Most of the squad are out of contract next summer, so we'd have a squad made up almost entirely academy players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Full Roland will be this time next year if he's still here. Most of the squad are out of contract next summer, so we'd have a squad made up almost entirely academy players.

Close to a flag. Very close

• Sage said:

Sage said:

cafc4life said:

Or Everton selling Lookman?
  • Not the first time I’ve heard stuff about Ricky and off field stuff.

Maybe there’s more to it than we know. Best left to Robbo to deal with it
  • The rumours thread is nearly as exciting and informative as the takeover thread. I think I will go to sleep for this season :smiley:
  • We were told by bowyer that he would make a decision on the triallists this week obviously something else has happened during the week to stop this.I really can't believe what is happening to this club,my club for nearly 50 years I just can't help feeling both sad and angry at the same time
  • Scoham said:

Full Roland will be this time next year if he's still here. Most of the squad are out of contract next summer, so we'd have a squad made up almost entirely academy players.

Close to a flag. Very close

Got away with it because I said “if he’s still here”? Nearly mentioned we could also be in League 2...
  • FAVADDICK said:

Don't know how true someone on Facebook saying that yann was at the training ground today

But not ours

• Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

Scoham said:
    Between expecting automatic promotion and thinking the club doesn't need Ricky Holmes, Bowyer is either trying for some sort of completely transparent rallying cry or is completely deluded. Either way, I fear he is going to find this season incredibly difficult.
    Turning down Holmes when money for wages is as tight as it’s ever been I can understand.

Expectation of automatic promotion... delusional.

Seriously think people are underestimating just how weak our squad is this year. Bottom two is far more likely than top two.
    What's Bowyer supposed to say, then?

He's hardly going to publicly highlight each and every weakness in the squad, tell the players they haven't got a chance - and throw in the towel before the season starts.

Bit of a gap between throwing the towel in and declaring we’ll be promoted automatically, though isn’t there Oggy.

How about something like, “Everyone knows preparations have not been ideal with the uncertainty around the takeover and we have lost some good players from last year’s team and the current injuries don’t help us either. I haven’t been able to make all the signings I had hoped for, but I have faith in the lads we have here and, although it’ll be a tough season, if we stick together and work hard we can be competitive and we have to think we have a shot of making the playoffs.”

But those are your words, Exiled - not Bowyer's.
    You can only expect him to say it his way.

Those of us who follow every detail, every breath and sigh from the club know what you mean though.
    But even so, I can't find fault right now with Bowyer's upbeat and positive way of trying to instill a strong mentality in his players.

Well to be fair you did ask me what I thought he should say!

As I’ve said, if he genuinely believes we should be promoted automatically this season, I have to seriously doubt his judgement, just as when he said we only need 4 players (2 of which are yet to arrive of course). Time will tell, I guess, and, of course, I very much hope he is right and I am wrong.
  • FAVADDICK said:

Don't know how true someone on Facebook saying that yann was at the training ground today

Would be great for the morale of the squad and fans alike if he was to return but there was bad blood between the regime and Yann over his departure so just can't see it all being forgiven and forgotten. :disappointed: Hope I'm wrong though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Greenie said:

Ajose should be sold because he does that silly thing of pulling the side of his shorts up, WTF is all that about.
    Also any player that wears his socks above his knee should be sold, we're Charlton, not one of the glory boys teams.
    Thats really as much as I know.

Dare I ask - do you have an issue with coloured boots?
    ross1 said:

The rumours thread is nearly as exciting and informative as the takeover thread. I think I will go to sleep for this season :smiley:

Same underlying problem.
  • My reaction to this is that Chris Wilder is an utter knob. Why buy our best player if you had no intention of playing him?

Feels a bit like Parker going to Chelsea all over again, only it's to Sheffield bloody United.

Parker played a lot more for Chelsea than Holmes did for Sheffield United in their first half season. United only came 10th last season as well, so it's a mystery why Holmes didn't feature more
    No mystery to me. As good as he is at scoring goals and dribbling, he puts in about 1/5 decent crosses.
    He's not good enough for The Championship.
  • Swisdom said:

Not the first time I’ve heard stuff about Ricky and off field stuff.

Maybe there’s more to it than we know. Best left to Robbo to deal with it

Because our current squad are complete angels off the field, especially when on holiday...
  • Redrobo said:

I don’t go with all the negativity here. We need a goal keeper and two more for the squad. Right sided centre half and an attacking right sided midfield player to be signed plus a couple of loans. That would give us the same or better squad than the best in this league.

As Bows would say, it is what it is. Just get on with it. We go again and there is not a team head and shoulders above us.

And you believe we’ll sign five players and sell no more?
  • edited August 2018
    Redrobo said:

I don’t go with all the negativity here. We need a goal keeper and two more for the squad. Right sided centre half and an attacking right sided midfield player to be signed plus a couple of loans. That would give us the same or better squad than the best in this league.

As Bows would say, it is what it is. Just get on with it. We go again and there is not a team head and shoulders above us.

Ha ha ha. You do realise our first game is on Saturday don't you ?
    It is the start of the new season, before the injuries start to bite and if we believe what Bowyer/Charlton have told the fans, we have 12 fit first team (not Academy) players.

Ok I think, we may have 14 as the the likes of Taylor hopefully is fit, even though we're told he's not.

But 12, yes 12 players available to start the season.

We'll end up half way, unless the takeover goes through in the next couple of weeks, enabling some very good loans to come in.
  • Redrobo said:

Or midfield is Marshall (31 year old journeyman), Maloney (who?), Lapslie (no league one experience) and Aribo (not proven at this level over a season.

The only person who can realistically come in to this is a 33 year old who still can’t do more than 45 mins

That’s league 2 level.
  • Redrobo said:

How do you know there isn't a team head and shoulders above us? Teams probably said the same when we got 101 points, yet we were.

Others have been recruiting and theres a good chance they'll have improved, whereas we haven't, we've at best stood still but more than likely gone backwards.
  • Oxford have got Carruthers and Holmes in their midfield.

That’s head and shoulders above what I listed above for us.

And Oxford will be mid table at best
  • Sage said:

cafc4life said:

I thought it was 5 sold, 4 in. At the moment we're 3 sold (Konsa, Lennon & Josh), 2 in. But surely Kashi off the wage bill counts as another out?