Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• I had a dream last night that Aribo signed for some German team. You heard it here first!
  • We will be announcing the signing of Joe Eliiott before Friday.

Who he ?

The lead singer of Def Leppard. A surprising signing, but at least it's someone else to add to the squad.
    As long as it’s not their drummer this is a great signing

We would walk this league if our players had the tenacity and never say die attitude of Def Lepaard drummer Rick Allen.

We will be announcing the signing of Joe Eliiott before Friday.

Yeah! I'm in Euphoria with that one
    Is that in Eastern Europe ?
  • edited August 2018
    Sorry @Crusty54 - couldn't quote because text body too long but you said:

"It states quite clearly that free agents can be registered. It does not state that they can play.

Other places state that they can't play until the January transfer window."

I would argue that while it was only the press release, if it doesn't prohibit specifically, they can play. So, a visit to the actual EFL regs is necessary. As ever, they are as clear as mud.

BUT, first, there's this bit: The receipt by the registering Club of confirmation of registration shall determine the eligibility (and the effective date of eligibility) of the Player to play in League Matches.

And this is followed by a very specific: Where any new registration or transfer of a Players is received by The League after 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March in each Season, that Player will not be eligible to play in any match organised by The League in that Season, except as permitted in Regulation 55. (Reg 55 deals with emergency loan goalkeepers.)

They would not mention the March exclusion and then fail to mention a similar August one. So I conclude your "other places" are just wrong.
  • cafcfan said:

"It states quite clearly that free agents can be registered. It does not state that they can play.

I would argue that while it was only the press release, if it doesn't prohibit specifically, they can play. So, a visit to the actual EFL regs is necessary. As ever, they are as clear as mud.

BUT, first, there's this bit: The receipt by the registering Club of confirmation of registration shall determine the eligibility (and the effective date of eligibility) of the Player to play in League Matches.

And this is followed by a very specific: Where any new registration or transfer of a Players is received by The League after 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March in each Season, that Player will not be eligible to play in any match organised by The League in that Season, except as permitted in Regulation 55. (Reg 55 deals with emergency loan goalkeepers.)

They would not mention the March exclusion and then fail to mention a similar August one. So I conclude your "other places" are just wrong.

No-one cares! christ will only matter if we are looking at free agents. We currently have people on trial and i am sure we will make the decision before the end of the month, end of the week you would hope!

Doubt we are getting any proper signings so only the loan window we need to know.
  • edited August 2018
    Scoham said:
    Could it be Wes Foderingham? Well out of the picture at Rangers, so maybe someone they would loan out

• edited August 2018

cafcfan said:

No-one cares! christ will only matter if we are looking at free agents. We currently have people on trial and i am sure we will make the decision before the end of the month, end of the week you would hope!

Doubt we are getting any proper signings so only the loan window we need to know.
    While Yann is a free agent some of us do care :love:
  • Scoham said:

cafcfan said:

While Yann is a free agent some of us do care :love:
    There are exceptions to every rule :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• RedRyan said:

I had a dream last night that Aribo signed for some German team. You heard it here first!

I genuinely dreamed last night that (under Roland) we reached the FA Cup final, to play Man U...
  • RedRyan said:

I had a dream last night that Aribo signed for some German team. You heard it here first!

I genuinely dreamed last night that (under Roland) we reached the FA Cup final, to play Man U...
    Would rather RD left and we crashed out in the first round to Newport.
  • ZZZZZZZ feel like rip van Zidane.
  • cafcfan said:

What? Apart from all the people that have been discussing it ad infinitum you mean? We will see whether or not we are desperate enough to be signing unemployed footballers come the end of the summer I suppose. My guess is we will be.
  • Ricky Holmes on his way to Oxford on loan. Grrrrrrr!
  • Moo said:

Ricky Holmes on his way to Oxford on loan. Grrrrrrr!

Thats annoying! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Moo said:

Ricky Holmes on his way to Oxford on loan. Grrrrrrr!

Grrrrrrrrrrr all bloody round!!!
  • Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
  • Wasn't there a rumour that Bowyer turned Holmes down?
  • All I can say is, I told you so :neutral:
  • Sponsored links:

• Big Grudge match when Ricky and KR turn up. Both dumped us.

There was indeed; apparently someone heard it from Bowyer directly. Presumably he was juggling the budget - and at that time, Fosu was fit.

Bowyer said it at the kit launch

Do we know why?

Why on earth would you turn down one of the divisions best wide players?

Do we know why?

Why on earth would you turn down one of the divisions best wide players?
    Wasnt it something to do with his attitude

think someone on here said that he was a bit of a nuisance at Sparrows Lane and a bit of a billy big bollocks
  • Moo said:

Big Grudge match when Ricky and KR turn up. Both dumped us.

At least Holmes contributed something during his time at the club......
  • Moo said:

Big Grudge match when Ricky and KR turn up. Both dumped us.

Can they be blamed for leaving the nuthouse?
  • feedback from kit launch q & a - don't shoot the messenger

"• Bowyer commented that Ricky Holmes, who hasn’t played many first team games at Sheffield United has been in touch with the club with a view to returning. Basically, CAFC couldn’t afford his expectations of wages now he is used to that of the Championship. Interestingly, Bowyer commented that he personally doesn’t feel that we need to strengthen the attacking winger/midfield position as he has several players that can fulfil such a role"

"• Bowyer commented that Ricky Holmes, who hasn’t played many first team games at Sheffield United has been in touch with the club with a view to returning. Basically, CAFC couldn’t afford his expectations of wages now he is used to that of the Championship. Interestingly, Bowyer commented that he personally doesn’t feel that we need to strengthen the attacking winger/midfield position as he has several players that can fulfil such a role"

We literally have one player in Fosu who can play that role efficiently.

We literally have one player in Fosu who can play that role efficiently.
    Yet we've Marshall and Grant who can play out there whilst we'll also have Reeves and Clarke to come back.

No its not enough and in a reasonable season we'd need the added cover yet at the moment money isnt being spent in the slightest other than in extreme circumstances it seems and if that is the case where we can only bring in one or two players then Goalkeeper and Defence have to be priority