Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• uie2 said:

Dansk_Red said:

Joe Aribo to Southampton for £750k or less?

only real talent we have left. If we sell him then might as well turn out the lights. How anyone wishing to buy us can stand by & watch this happen astounds me.
    Or the Aussies won't buy until the outgoing expense goes down!?
    False economy imo. Football is a bit of an unique business. Come Friday you effectively have to play half the season with what you've got - yes, loans allowed up to end of the month but look where that has got us in the past - any decent ones over the past 4 years ?
    Amos
    JDS
    Rudd
    Byrne
    Ulvestad
    Coquelin
    Bulot
    Buyens

And if they has decent players around them personally think u could add

Zyro
    Sanogo
    Mavididi

There are some very decent loans out there if you can get them
  • they want wages thats the killer
  • Agree. Selling Aribo for 1 million (or less) would probably be the worst piece of business by any club outside PL this window. It would decrease the value of the club at least 5-10 million. As opposed to tie up our biggest asset with a decent contract.

And Bowyers comments will make it very hard for him to stay in charge with Aribo gone like this.

The thinnest squad in League One.

I disagree with all of this.
    Me too. 5-10 million? Are u having a larf?
  • Agree. Selling Aribo for 1 million (or less) would probably be the worst piece of business by any club outside PL this window. It would decrease the value of the club at least 5-10 million. As opposed to tie up our biggest asset with a decent contract.

And Bowyers comments will make it very hard for him to stay in charge with Aribo gone like this.

The thinnest squad in League One.

I disagree with all of this.
    Me too. 5-10 million? Are u having a larf?
    No. I believe 750K for Aribo is a laugh. And the devaluation of the club not being able to compete to get out of this league of course is a lot bigger.
  • Stay away from the valley on sat the only way this cunt will fuck off
  • The lack of any actual rumours is worrying, so i'll make one up. Onuoha coming in on a free
  • edited August 2018
    cazo said:

Stay away from the valley on sat the only way this cunt will fuck off

A few £20 admission fees mean f.all to a billionaire mate.

He swallows alot more on running costs (ground & player wages) each month to give a toss what a couple of hundred boycotters (who will only turn up when we're in the playoff semi-final) do.
  • My guesses for signings this week.
    Incoming .. Elliot ward, Jem Karacan, Dave Martin.
    Outgoing. Nicky Ajose.

Joe Aribo to stay.
  • And possibly Dawkins in , if Ajose goes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Moo said:

And possibly Dawkins in , if Ajose goes.

You think Roland will sanction 4 signings with nobody leaving?

Nurse!!
    Nobody leaving? They've already left.

• Moo said:

And possibly Dawkins in , if Ajose goes.

You think Roland will sanction 4 signings with nobody leaving?

Nurse!!
    I’m just paying attention and listening to what LB has said. At least 3 new players in this week. He mentioned Ajose is the only other player going out. Dawkins is hanging around for a reason. I’m assuming LB is waiting for Ajose to go. (Who is on huge wages)

Perhaps I’m overly optimistic but let’s see what happens. Hoping for the best.
  • I think even two signings is pie in the sky... One would be above expectations and none at all would be dreadful but about what I'm expecting.
  • Clutching at straws maybe Roland always was allowing 2-3 more signings, but won’t let them go through until as late as possible to save paying wages through the summer.

Not so unlikely considering he’s trying to cut the electricity bill and youth team water/food bills.
  • We have had some brilliant loan signings e.g Dasilva, Amos, Buyens, Rudd. However, I don't think it is unfair to say the vast majority of loans we have had in recent years have been poor.

Bulot was good as well

It does seem that the season long loan signings have generally been good, whereas the ones in January have been more disappointing?
  • Sponsored links:

• We have had some brilliant loan signings e.g Dasilva, Amos, Buyens, Rudd. However, I don't think it is unfair to say the vast majority of loans we have had in recent years have been poor.

Bulot eventually came good as well

It does seem that the season long loan signings have generally been good, whereas the ones in January have been more disappointing?
  • Bauer has just stated on twitter that he has not been offered and new contract and would not sign one if it was offered. He will leave the club at the latest next summer.
  • Bauer has just stated on twitter that he has not been offered and new contract and would not sign one if it was offered. He will leave the club at the latest next summer.

He said he wouldn't extend his current one, he didn't say he woudn't sign a new one. He hasn't been offered a new one
  • Chrispy51 said:

Bauer has just stated on twitter that he has not been offered and new contract and would not sign one if it was offered. He will leave the club at the latest next summer.

He said he wouldn't extend his current one, he didn't say he woudn't sign a new one. He hasn't been offered a new one
    "And would not extent my contract beyond 2019"
  • Ward in, Bauer out, Dawkins in, Ajose out, Karacan in, Aribo out
  • sam3110 said:

Ward in, Bauer out, Dawkins in, Ajose out, Karacan in, Aribo out

Plus a potential Goalkeeper who must be bloody desperate

Usually we try and lock one or two players in a broom cupboard on deadline day, need to lock the doors and windows of the whole training complex to stop any of them from trying to escape on Thursday!!
  • Chrispy51 said:

Bauer has just stated on twitter that he has not been offered and new contract and would not sign one if it was offered. He will leave the club at the latest next summer.

"And would not extent my contract beyond 2019"
    Correct
  • My prediction: no one in, anyone who we are offered 50% of their true value out
  • jams said:

My prediction: no one in, anyone who we are offered 50% of their true value out

Wouldn't be surprised.

Bowyer must drive to training these days wondering if anyone has been sold or got injured overnight.