Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Dansk_Red said:

In Sunday Express, being sold due to our financial difficulties.

That would be madness seeing we have lost JFC
  • Dansk_Red said:

Joe Aribo to Southampton for £750k or less?

only real talent we have left. If we sell him then might as well turn out the lights. How anyone wishing to buy us can stand by & watch this happen astounds me.
    Thought they were already turned off? Cost conscious and all that.. :neutral:
  • Plenty of freebies available that would add to our squad. Onohua, LuaLua, Hoolahan etc
  • edited August 2018

Plenty of freebies available that would add to our squad. Onohua, LuaLua, Hoolahan etc

Kazenga LuaLua is a player I would really like for us to bring in. Him and Dawkins added to Fosu and Marshall and we have great options out wide. Those four plus Clarke, Reeves and Vetokele to come back and it has a lot of pace and technical ability going forward to support Taylor and Grant.

I do however, doubt it being possible and think wages could well be a big issue with any players we bring in.

A few years ago I would've loved Hoolahan but he is 36 now and there is just no point in bringing someone of that age in.
  • Ricky Holmes about to sign for Oxford according to K.R.
  • Onohua, LuaLua, Hoolahan etc

Are you signing them or singing them :-)
  • Dansk_Red said:

In Sunday Express, being sold due to our financial difficulties.

The Sunday Express are on a roll at the moment to be fair, what with it being the hottest summer for a billion years
    And that following on from the "Beast from the East" and the coldest winter since, erm .... 2010.
    It's been quite an exciting few months for them.

Shame nobody buys their newspaper anymore.

• Aaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Sponsored links:

• The commentators on Sky even mentioned Aribo will be off if the club was offered £1m
  • edited August 2018
    That in many ways is the toughest one to take or understand since Yann.
    We’re absolutely decimated with injuries, Aribo is worth at least twice that already and you could double that figure come the end of the season.
    It’s utterly depressing what’s going on with us at the moment.
    And what’s worrying is only we seem to be aware of it. The media hasn’t really picked up on the way we’re being dismantled and dicked around.
    Time for more protests
  • cfgs said:

Aaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This accurately sums up my thoughts on Aribo going. Will be surprised if he isn't sold to be honest.
  • just because an offer is made doesnt mean a player can't refuse the transfer. dont get me wrong i cant imagine they would want to stay in this madhouse, unless of course they are aware the takeover will happen and believe in lee bowyers plan for promotion. wishful thinking i know!
  • cafc83 said:

cfgs said:

Aaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This accurately sums up my thoughts on Aribo going. Will be surprised if he isn't sold to be honest.
    The current situation and the fact there is no end in sight just makes me want to bang my head against a wall and wall.
  • 4 days to go now
    Still need to bring in:

GK to push Phillips
    RB to cover Sollys inevitable injury
    LB to cover Paper Page
    CB to allow for any injury or suspension (Pearce is injury prone)
    LM as we only have Fosu
    RM as we only have Marshall
    CM to replace Forster-Caskey
    CM to cover Aribo
    ST to push Taylor
    ST to replace Ajose

Fat chance though
  • edited August 2018
    Doubt we’d sign 10 all summer under any owner. Dijksteel, Vetokele etc once fit will be seen as the players filling some of those gaps.
  • RD will not bother, may get the 3 players Bowyer need, the rest we will have to wait until end of September when the injured players are hopefully back, unless (?) the Aussies takeover and get us some loans
  • Sponsored links:

• Our summer transfer dealing has been stuffed by the uncertainty. Even now if you were a potential target, you have no idea what sort of club you’ll be signing for.
  • Dansk_Red said:

If this happens we are done for this season! Maybe Lapslie is playing to now coz we will need him more if this transfer happens! Just a thought!
  • Scoham said:

Doubt we’d sign 10 all summer under any owner. Dijksteel, Vetokele etc once fit will be seen as the players filling some of those gaps.

Sunderland signed 11 new players this season, reckon they aren't the only ones either.

Dijksteel, Vetokele, Clarke and Reeves plug 4 gaps, Lapslie and Reeco may fill another 2, would still need a GK, CB, LB and a striker who can also play wide to fill the squad IMO
  • Dansk_Red said:

only real talent we have left. If we sell him then might as well turn out the lights. How anyone wishing to buy us can stand by & watch this happen astounds me.
    Or the Aussies won't buy until the outgoing expense goes down!?
  • sam3110 said:

Scoham said:

Sunderland signed 11 new players this season, reckon they aren't the only ones either.

Dijksteel, Vetokele, Clarke and Reeves plug 4 gaps, Lapslie and Reeco may fill another 2, would still need a GK, CB, LB and a striker who can also play wide to fill the squad IMO
    Yeah and we did under Powell that year, but we had a lot more gaps at that point. I’d agree we need 4-6, but not really any more than that.
  • cafc83 said:

After being reportedly screwed about over a new contract I would be surprised if Aribo turned down a transfer.

Aribo needs to stay and play week in week out to improve he's all round play! Don't get he wrong yesterday he was very good but he does brilliant skill turns passes it and oh!!
  • uie2 said:

Dansk_Red said:

Or the Aussies won't buy until the outgoing expense goes down!?
    False economy imo. Football is a bit of an unique business. Come Friday you effectively have to play half the season with what you've got - yes, loans allowed up to end of the month but look where that has got us in the past - any decent ones over the past 4 years ?? more rubbish than good I would say. Therefore June & July are THE most important months, and we've wasted them. Rich arabs could take us over next weekend & they will be able to do very little about our season until January, and by then it could be too late.

Its not rocket science is it ?? or do you really expect to let all the best talent leave, only replace half of last years squad & then only with has beens & crocks and then be able to challenge for promotion ?
  • Agree. Selling Aribo for 1 million (or less) would probably be the worst piece of business by any club outside PL this window. It would decrease the value of the club at least 5-10 million. As opposed to tie up our biggest asset with a decent contract.

And Bowyers comments will make it very hard for him to stay in charge with Aribo gone like this.

I just cant believe this is happening. If so, there must be others to blame. RD cant think he is getting the same price for half the product - in this case the thinnest squad in League One.
  • Agree. Selling Aribo for 1 million (or less) would probably be the worst piece of business by any club outside PL this window. It would decrease the value of the club at least 5-10 million. As opposed to tie up our biggest asset with a decent contract.

And Bowyers comments will make it very hard for him to stay in charge with Aribo gone like this.

The thinnest squad in League One.

I disagree with all of this.