Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• When is the Transfer deadline

9th August... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44335487

Football League clubs will still be able to sign players on loan till 31st August
  • Sage said:

I thought that Ward had gone?!

Wouldn’t be surprised if we end up signing him now, alongside Dawkins and Ince.
    To me he'd be excellent cover for Pearce, as you do need that older head at the back, leading and organising things. I wouldn't want to play Pearce and Ward together, as you'd lack pace, but similarly Bauer (or similar) and Sarr together doesn't seem quite right either.
  • Sage said:

That would be great ! Do you think we can afford all 3 ? Think LB might only have budget for 2
  • Ferryman said:

Rohan Ince, have we brought him out of retirement? Perhaps he'd had enough after his double relaxation from League One. Hasn't kicked a ball all summer nowhere near fit enough. This could cost him with Bow.

One of the best on the pitch last night IMO.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Ferryman said:

Rohan Ince, have we brought him out of retirement? Perhaps he'd had enough after his double relaxation from League One. Hasn't kicked a ball all summer nowhere near fit enough. This could cost him with Bow.

was a bit underwhelmed by him to be honest, okay on the ball and certainly a physical presence, but some of the kids played better.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Ferryman said:

was a bit underwhelmed by him to be honest, okay on the ball and certainly a physical presence, but some of the kids played better.
    He's never played with any of them, and hasn't had a preseason
  • Anyway, I'd like us to sign all the trialists and get Martin and a left back in on loan, then see what's what
  • Moo said:

Sage said:

That would be great ! Do you think we can afford all 3 ? Think LB might only have budget for 2
    Right now, I think we only have the budget for two of them, but if someone leaves, Magennis just for an example, I think would could bring in one or two more.

Wouldn’t be a problem if the takeover was to happen...
  • Martin, Ward, Ince and Dawkins would create a decent squad, although players like Fosu and Taylor would be huge. Plus would need Igor back. Offload Ajose and Reeves to help pay for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Ferryman said:

He's out of contract and had only 1 week of pre-season training. What do you expect?

I'd expect a serious professional looking for a new club to maintain a better level of fitness.
  • Ferryman said:

Oggy Red said:

Ferryman said:

He's out of contract and had only 1 week of pre-season training. What do you expect?

I'd expect a serious professional looking for a new club to maintain a better level of fitness.
    He looked fit enough last night in that 45 mins
  • Bowyer on new signings.

On any new signings…

We know what we need but we’re not going to rush it because there is no point bringing in anybody that is not going to make us better. Pratley has made us better, Lyle Taylor has made us better, so I think it would be silly for me to bring in people that are not going to improve us. To be fair there ain’t many out there. We’re just trying to hand-pick these ones with the budget we have. We don’t have a massive budget but we’re working at it and hopefully we’ll be bringing in a few more.”
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b58466a721b6/bowyer-on-transfer-budget-ince-dawkins-ward-and-pratley
  • We need a number 1 and bad
  • FAVADDICK said:

We need a number 1 and bad

I’m convinced that at least one GK will arrive.

• FAVADDICK said:

Dillon was fine last night.

• Swisdom said:

FAVADDICK said:

Dillon was fine last night.

Agree, made a number of good stops. We need a back up keeper.
  • Yeah good stopper but any goalkeeper should be saving them the goal they scored was very poor goalkeeping
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:

Oggy Red said:

Ferryman said:

Yeah, maybe ..... you can train all day but you need to play matches to get sharpness and match fitness.

All his team mates have already played a fair number of games this season.
    That was the 1st game for Ince. Not a fair comparison.

• FAVADDICK said:

Yeah good stopper but any goalkeeper should be saving them the goal they scored was very poor goalkeeping

no it wasn't but i said at the time someone would blame Dillon.
    I've said before as well that some of our fans are not supportive of Dillon but I've been assured this is not the case....
  • Come on you can't sit on a bench for 2 seasons then all of a sudden become a number 1 goalkeeper
  • FAVADDICK said:

Come on you can't sit on a bench for 2 seasons then all of a sudden become a number 1 goalkeeper

Why not? By that logic no keeper would ever break through.

He has experience in lower leagues and is now old enough to be given a go. If you will work out we don't know but he's not a kid or untried.
    Look at how many points Amos won us last season now if Dillon can do that we will all praise him which is fair enough now if he makes mistakes alot of people will get on his back if league one has taught us anything we need experience and alot of it something that Dillon doesn't have
  • FAVADDICK said:

Come on you can't sit on a bench for 2 seasons then all of a sudden become a number 1 goalkeeper

Wh
    FAVADDICK said:

FAVADDICK said:

Why not? By that logic no keeper would ever break through.

He has experience in lower leagues and is now old enough to be given a go. If you will work out we don't know but he's not a kid or untried.
    Look at how many points Amos won us last season now if Dillon can do that we will all praise him which is fair enough now if he makes mistakes alot of people will get on his back if league one has taught us anything we need experience and alot of it something that Dillon doesn't have
    The more games he plays the better he'll be, also having a regular back four in front of him will help, he will make mistakes but all keepers do, just need to support him.