Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Sorry it's on Joe Aribos Instagram story not marshalls
  • cafc4life said:

So mark Marshall has just put a video on Instagram of joe Aribo doing pull ups . Only thing is, Aribo is wearing an Ipswich shirt

Might be a fan.
  • Number 30 on the back, maybe he's mates with Myles Kenlon
  • Derby bid for Marriott accepted. Might mean Peterborough come back in for Magennis?
  • Keep up Callum :wink:
  • Derby bid for Marriott accepted. Might mean Peterborough come back in for Magennis?

Did I read Derby were shelling out £10m on Martin Waghorn too?
  • Thank sky average players over priced
  • edited July 2018
    uie2 said:

Scoham said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-bowyer-on-why-he-needs-to-be-careful-with-fielding-the-clubs-young-players/

But caretaker manager Bowyer has already said the likes of Lapslie, Taylor Maloney and Albie Morgan are not seasoned enough for League One battle.

“When I believe they are ready then they will play,” he explained. “But I can’t put too many in at the same time.
    That is total bullsh*t from Bowyer! A player who was given a debut at 17 by Curbs!! Yes he should know but if Curbs had said the same thing when Bowyer wouldn't have played for Leeds in the champions league! If your good enough your old enough!
    Although Bowyer finished saying, “But I can’t put too many in at the same time".

That doesn't mean he won't play any youngsters in League games - just that perhaps, he'll only play one at a time.
    Probably from the bench.

• I wonder if Ward is being kept around on the off chance they can unload Sarr or sell Bauer.

Yes ... listening back to the LB interview, he seems to indicate that he wants to sign him but only has the budget for 2 more. If Bauer leaves he will be the replacement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

Another keeper will come in. If Bowyer thinks he is better than Dillon, he will start.

let's hope so
  • Moo said:

I wonder if Ward is being kept around on the off chance they can unload Sarr or sell Bauer.

Yes ... listening back to the LB interview, he seems to indicate that he wants to sign him but only has the budget for 2 more. If Bauer leaves he will be the replacement.
    I'm not sure that's case. We only have 3 CBs at the moment, I'm sure he's looking for a 4th which would be Ward or ANO. If Bauer leaves, presumably some of his wages and fee would go towards a direct replacement?
  • Moo said:

I wonder if Ward is being kept around on the off chance they can unload Sarr or sell Bauer.

I'm not sure that's case. We only have 3 CBs at the moment, I'm sure he's looking for a 4th which would be Ward or ANO. If Bauer leaves, presumably some of his wages and fee would go towards a direct replacement?
    Ha yeah right. RD will pocket the cash as per every other sale under his tenure.
  • Moo said:

Ha yeah right. RD will pocket the cash as per every other sale under his tenure.
    3 cbs isn’t enough so we do need ward. Or someone like Ince can cover that position.
  • Ward was very relaxed on the ball.
  • Sage said:

There are far worse goalkeepers in this league who have more experience than Phillips. He is good keeper and isn’t ever going to be gaining the experience when we don’t play him or didn’t bring another keeper in last season to allow him to go and play.

Amos was more of a one off, his quality was too much for League One and we only got him cause Bolton were desperate and had too many keepers and his wages were high. You won’t find a team in this division this season who has a keeper like Amos who has experience too. Sure you’ll have young and promising ones, but not like Amos last season.

We have to bring in another keeper, and we must play Phillips, otherwise what is the point, might as well not be at the club.

Spot on
  • CafcSCP said:

Crusty54 said:

every player makes mistakes, it is a pity that strikers and goalies mistakes are more visible and remembered.

Give Dillon a chance

He's getting chances but his kicking was awful last night.
    I remember a Premier keeper we all loved whose kicking wasn’t all that
    Tony Caig? I don't remember his kicking to be honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• id take a one from those as a number 1 or 2nd kewper that have been released by english clubs;

ross turnball
    boaz myhill
    luke steele
    jake kean
    andy longergan
    reice charles cook
    artur krysiak
    ben wilson

no outstanding keeper there but someone to challenge and support Dillon theres a few there
  • JamesSeed said:

Ward was very relaxed on the ball.

Yeah I was impressed and thought he looked quite tidy. There were a couple balls in the air I thought he should have done better with, including the goal. But I'm coming around on him. I'm starting to think he might be an okay bit of business.

That said, I believe he has had injury trouble in the past. That would put him in with the likes of Fosu, Igor, Reeves, Solly, Page, Pearce, Ince (if we sign him and I really hope we do he's class) in our squad who either have a history of having problems with injuries, or have had serious problems with injuries over the last couple years. That's...a lot.
  • CAFCDAZ said:

id take a one from those as a number 1 or 2nd kewper that have been released by english clubs;

ross turnball
    boaz myhill
    luke steele
    jake kean
    andy longergan
    reice charles cook
    artur krysiak
    ben wilson

no outstanding keeper there but someone to challenge and support Dillon theres a few there

Handful of them have played Championship football previously and some even as recent as last season. If they come in their wages are likely to be high and would likely displace Phillips, which isn’t really what I’d like to happen. It’s a difficult situation no doubt.
  • CafcSCP said:

Crusty54 said:

every player makes mistakes, it is a pity that strikers and goalies mistakes are more visible and remembered.

Give Dillon a chance

He's getting chances but his kicking was awful last night.
    I remember a Premier keeper we all loved whose kicking wasn’t all that
    You mean the one that saved pretty much everyone in 4 seasons in the premier league ?

I want Phillips to do well- I first saw him in the youth cup win against Spurs , but any comparisons with Kiely are crass
  • Sage said:

CAFCDAZ said:

id take a one from those as a number 1 or 2nd kewper that have been released by english clubs;

ross turnball
    boaz myhill
    luke steele
    jake kean
    andy longergan
    reice charles cook
    artur krysiak
    ben wilson

Handful of them have played Championship football previously and some even as recent as last season. If they come in their wages are likely to be high and would likely displace Phillips, which isn’t really what I’d like to happen. It’s a difficult situation no doubt.
    out of those id go with with either charles cook or lonergan. charles cook as the connections, i think he'd take a backup role same with lonergan. 34 now not going to be top of man clubs lists. pick up a wage and challenge for number 1 or be thrown on thw scrap heap until a club comes calling.
  • Connor Gough? (And Nadir Ciftzi uptop)
  • seth plum said:

Phillips is the number one keeper. Give the lad a chance for god's sake. We need an experienced keeper in as cover for injury and so on, but what is the point of a youth system if players don't graduate?
    Rob Elliott and Darren Randolph were home grown and have not done too badly.

Some people as I've said before seem desperate for Phillips to fail - getting a bit boring all the OTT criticism.
  • My sole priority is the best player possible in any position.

Naturally if you had a choice between two equal players and one was home grown I would go for them. So in the case of Phillips, it’s his shirt unless a player comes in who is a better and more capable player.

Fact is we need to get out of this shitshow of a league and we are only gonna do that with the best players we can get.

If that’s Phillips - brilliant. If that’s another keeper who is better - that’s fine.

We haven’t got time to me sentimental over someone being proper Charlton.

Post of the year.

We should sign the best players we can find & attract. Playing Magennis upfront because he's a 'nice bloke' or Phillips in goal because he is 'home grown' will get us nowhere.

If there's better available and we have the budget then sign them up and let's get out of this shite division.