Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• I think this would be my starting lineup for Sunderland (if fit). Still think we need further attacking options on the bench, we have very few creative wingers outside of our first 11. 4-3-3 with the ball, 4-5-1 without it.

Like the lineup but think LB said Pratley won't be ready for the start of the season
  • I think this would be my starting lineup for Sunderland (if fit). Still think we need further attacking options on the bench, we have very few creative wingers outside of our first 11. 4-3-3 with the ball, 4-5-1 without it.

Like the lineup but think LB said Pratley won't be ready for the start of the season
    Still can’t believe that. He played 45 mins v Brighton. Say that gets raised to 60-70mins v Norwich. Can’t see why he couldn’t start v sunderland.

Also Fosu is out isn’t he

Still can’t believe that. He played 45 mins v Brighton. Say that gets raised to 60-70mins v Norwich. Can’t see why he couldn’t start v sunderland.

Also Fosu is out isn’t he
    I am hoping the Pratley thing is one of LB's mind games, surely must be fit to play. Fosu I think may be on the bench, so will probably be Marshall in his place.
  • Could even play Grant on the right and Mag on the left.

Why, when Josh has played on the wing/ Wide forward for Northern Ireland he plays on the right....

I think this would be my starting lineup for Sunderland (if fit). Still think we need further attacking options on the bench, we have very few creative wingers outside of our first 11. 4-3-3 with the ball, 4-5-1 without it.

Looks a good starting 11 on paper

Why, when Josh has played on the wing/ Wide forward for Northern Ireland he plays on the right....

I think this would be my starting lineup for Sunderland (if fit). Still think we need further attacking options on the bench, we have very few creative wingers outside of our first 11. 4-3-3 with the ball, 4-5-1 without it.

Looks a good starting 11 on paper
    You may be correct, I always thought they played him from the left for some reason!
  • I always thought Magennis looked better for us when he played out wide
  • As many of you know I work in Coventry and rumour here yesterday was that Cov City want Ajose, not sure if loan or purchase. I’m trying to find out if any truth in it or just made up crap.

Finally being sent to Coventry! ....................Poor Cov ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• I LOVE YOU CHARLTON
  • Connor Gough? (And Nadir Ciftzi uptop)

Ciftci since 2015.

4 goals in 26 at Celtic.
    4 in 12 at Eskişehirspor
    0 in 10 at Pogoń Szczecin
    0 in 8 at Plymouth
    3 in 15 at Motherwell.

He makes Lisbie look prolific.

Don't think Bowyer would ever play a 4-3-3 and Fosu is out unfortunately. If everyone were fit I'd probably agree. Or even go 4-4-2 with a diamond in midfield with Fosu at the point of the diamond. Thought we looked better when we switched to a diamond on Tuesday night, and given we have one fit senior wide player under contract (Marshall) I don't see how fielding a flat 4-4-2 is a good option.

Ciftci since 2015.

4 goals in 26 at Celtic.
    4 in 12 at Eskişehirspor
    0 in 8 at Plymouth
    3 in 15 at Motherwell.

He makes Reeves look like he’s match fit

• edited July 2018

Moo said:

Greg Halford on a free anyone ? Can play in a number of positions. Remember we had him on loan had a long throw.

He was a wanker
    You don't rate him then ?

Actually you're right, he was shit.

Ciftci since 2015.

4 goals in 26 at Celtic.
    4 in 12 at Eskişehirspor
    0 in 8 at Plymouth
    3 in 15 at Motherwell.

He has played wide everywhrere but has the build and touch of a no9.
  • Vincenzo said:

It's noticeable that all the players Bowyer is trying to sign are big lumps. Taylor, Ince, Pratley etc.

It was also noticeable in the play-offs that Shrewsbury were just bigger and stronger. Glad he's trying to put that right, while keeping the ball on the deck too.

He’s not trying to sign Taylor & Pratley

Pedant out
  • Vincenzo said:

It's noticeable that all the players Bowyer is trying to sign are big lumps. Taylor, Ince, Pratley etc.

It was also noticeable in the play-offs that Shrewsbury were just bigger and stronger. Glad he's trying to put that right, while keeping the ball on the deck too.

What was the latest with Ince?
  • Sponsored links:

• As many of you know I work in Coventry and rumour here yesterday was that Cov City want Ajose, not sure if loan or purchase. I’m trying to find out if any truth in it or just made up crap.

I will drive him to Coventry today, or Aberdeen if he wants!

Please, please let this be true!
  • Not rumours but I’ve been looking at players who are available on a free transfer that could make us a better team.

Two players really stood out, Stephen Quinn and Mustapha Carayol. Someone who can unlock the door in Quinn and Carayol is a quick winger, an option if we weren’t to sign Dawkins I think.

If Magennis or Ajose were to leave, I’d still love us to bring in Darren Bent. Even at his age, he can surely score goals in this division.
  • Croydon said:

Vincenzo said:

What was the latest with Ince?
    Still on trial and playing tomorrow.

Big lump

Considering he has not been training with anyone he did ok against Brighton.

Looks like he has potential
  • Sage said:

Not rumours but I’ve been looking at players who are available on a free transfer that could make us a better team.

Two players really stood out, Stephen Quinn and Mustapha Carayol. Someone who can unlock the door in Quinn and Carayol is a quick winger, an option if we weren’t to sign Dawkins I think.

If Magennis or Ajose were to leave, I’d still love us to bring in Darren Bent. Even at his age, he can surely score goals in this division.

Think Quinn is retiring.
  • If Quinn signed I'd jump for joy
  • strange thing about that song, it was a dylan song called "Quinn the Eskimo", never knew that till a few weeks ago,

• edited July 2018
    From ReluctantNicko on twitter. Bolton. Close to a deal for Josh McGennis. Charlton striker. Northern Ireland cap. One time keeper.