Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Thanks Josh.

Still..at least we won’t have any international call ups this year and have to play more Tuesday night games! Silver cloud and all that...
  • Richard J said:

I’d back Karlan Grant to score more than Magennis over a whole season.

Could he be as effective defensively though?

Like Bartlett and Leaburn or Horsfield and Ronnie Moore it was like having an extra cenre back at set pieces.
    Yes he was good at doing that maybe he should have been a centre back instead of a striker.
  • Moo said:

Richard J said:

Like Bartlett and Leaburn or Horsfield and Ronnie Moore it was like having an extra cenre back at set pieces.
    Yes he was good at doing that maybe he should have been a centre back instead of a striker.
    could move him back there & not bring in Ward. Dion Dublin & Dougherty done it.

wouldn't be sad to see him go. For a big guy he's not physical enough, doesn't bully defenders, hardly wins any headers & not very good with the ball at his feet. Why Bolton want him I have no idea.
  • Moo said:

Richard J said:

could move him back there & not bring in Ward. Dion Dublin & Dougherty done it.

wouldn't be sad to see him go. For a big guy he's not physical enough, doesn't bully defenders, hardly wins any headers & not very good with the ball at his feet. Why Bolton want him I have no idea.
    Agree , I think we all knew when he was through on goal against Brighton he would miss. Sure enough he did.
  • cafc4life said:

Very disappointed if that's the case. Rather we offload Ajose

He'll probably go as well.
  • After Northern Ireland got knocked out of the World Cup he seemed to become half the player. When he was on his game, he was terrific though.
  • Sponsored links:

• All the people saying it’s ‘good news’ and ‘not sad to see him go’......

Why?

It won’t make a jot of difference to our prospects of inbound players.

All the sale does is line Roland’s pockets.

In that sense (and taking in to account our squad size) I don’t want anyone to leave.

There isn't many saying that, quite the opposite really.

In my opinion he is asked to do too much and goals are a bonus. He doesn't tget the luxury to concentrate on 'just' scoring goals. He does work hard but he is asked to do a lot for the team.
    When he gets his chances the shots are normally a bit weak or gets there just a tadge late. This I think is where he is knackered most the time running himself in the ground.

I was close to the bench on Tuesday night and I'd honestly be amazed if Ajose stays over Josh just from the vibe I was getting from the bench.

Good under estimated player and will be a miss in this league.
  • I thought Bolton were totally skint and in financial trouble so i'm surprised they're bidding for anyone.
  • After Northern Ireland got knocked out of the World Cup he seemed to become half the player. When he was on his game, he was terrific though.

It simply wasn't often enough and his wastefulness in front of goal cost us more points than his goals earned us last season I'm sure.

So many times when a sideward lay off was the better option. Or flicks towards the opponent's goal when he was our furthest option forward.

I agree he worked his nuts off, but I'm not sure we or he knew how to use him most effectively.
  • Quite a few people don't seem too fussed at him going, which i can understand as he didn't score many but i think his overall work for the team was under rated and i doubt we're going to replace him so for me it's not really good news.
  • Scoham said:

If he’s so terrible why is he moving up a division?

We have a small squad and it’s very possible he won’t be replaced - why is selling him a good thing?

Robinson’s squad had too many small not so physical players. Bowyer’s trying to change that. Selling Magennis makes that worse not better.

Bowyer plays two strikers which will naturally result in more direct football than we played under Robinson. Without Magennis we don’t have an aerial threat, there’s no one that’s anything even like a target man.

Can see Bauer being next to go and like Magennis he’ll need replacing.

It's not a great thing but it's simply not the end of the world.
  • That’s because they will get him on the cheap because of the amazing leader we have. Any club bidding for one of our players will put in stupid offers as they know what a shambles we are.
  • Every transfer window under Roly's ownership the squad has shrunk and become weaker, Josh has his faults but I can't believe people are happy to see him go. Taylor seems a better player but we need two decent line leaders not one or yet again we are leaving ourselves short, as our owner always lets us have decent replacements for his sales.
  • People are saying that transfer sales are going into Roland’s back pocket! Maybe, just maybe that any funds will be used to pay off director loans.....one step back, two stops forward?

Nah, all money is going straight to Roland and will stay in his cob web covered wallet
  • Sponsored links:

• Haven’t seen too much of Josh to give an informed opinion, but what I have seen is that he’s an honest player and our paper thin squad will miss him. Wish him all the best
  • Swisdom said:

Last season we sold all striking options at the end of the window and didn’t replace anyone. This left us short up front and cost us promotion.

If history repeats itself it’s betond a joke. It’s fucking idiocy.

The one striker I want to sell is Ajose and yet he keeps his place in the squad on some stupidly high wage (hence nobody will buy him). Averaging a goal per season for us - brilliant.

If Roland wanted promotion he would find and buy a decent striker to complement what we have - he doesn’t appear to want that. He appears to want to make every single fan want to hate him. It’s going well Roly, you’ve mastered that.

Averages a goal a season???? He has been a Charlton player for two seasons and spent a total of 1 season out on loan and a total of one season as a Charlton player. During that time he has scored 7 or 8 goals? I haven’t got a degree in maths but I’m pretty sure that averages more than a goal a season.

Can’t agree that he’s ‘terrific’. An honest players, tries hard but not terrific and a poor goal scorer.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Scoham said:

If he’s so terrible why is he moving up a division?

We have a small squad and it’s very possible he won’t be replaced - why is selling him a good thing?

Robinson’s squad had too many small not so physical players. Bowyer’s trying to change that. Selling Magennis makes that worse not better.

Bowyer plays two strikers which will naturally result in more direct football than we played under Robinson. Without Magennis we don’t have an aerial threat, there’s no one that’s anything even like a target man.

Can see Bauer being next to go and like Magennis he’ll need replacing.

It's not a great thing but it's simply not the end of the world.
    Not suggesting it is, just that he’ll be missed unless he’s replaced. Even just as an option in the squad.
  • edited July 2018
    Swisdom said:

And anyone thinking we are better off without Josh has rocks in their head. Defensively he is very very good. Maybe the new midfielders can fulfil that role but we must get s striker or two in

Perhaps we'll get a defender in to replace him then! :smiley:
  • All roads lead to Naby