Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Nice guy and a genuine trier but bang average notwithstanding how he was used. I’d have liked to keep him as back up for Taylor but that would be sensible and we don’t do sensible so hey ho. Three or four injuries/suspensions and the mascots will be getting a game. We could easily be relegation fodder this season. Our best available 11 on paper look good but at least three of them will be out at any one time and there is no depth. Maybe some of our kids will turn out to be unexpected worlds beaters.
  • JamesSeed said:

Disappointed if Magennis is going. Decent hard working pro and we won't replace him.

His lack of goals may have cost us promotion last season. Keeping him as our main striker was a typical demonstration of our lack of ambition under the current owner I think.
    The best he has got in a season is 10, he has scored that in his last two seasons for us and once before for Kilmarnock, not sure what more you can expect from him.
    To finish more of the chances that were made for him or on occasion he created for himself eg Bradford. Never enough goals from him, should of been 15 minimum and that was easily achievable in the division.
  • Mention of Leon Best above. Must be on comeback trail by now. Would be a great addition to the squad when fit, as evidenced by his brief cameo for us last season.

Not heard anything about him recently, still only 31/32
  • Mention of Leon Best above. Must be on comeback trail by now. Would be a great addition to the squad when fit, as evidenced by his brief cameo for us last season.

Still shite

Still shite
    We made him look good in our team.

Second serious knee injury in relatively quick succession, wouldn't be surprised if he was done
  • edited July 2018
    so josh will be playing in the Championship something that seems further away from CAFC daily. So only the BFG and Fosu left to flog and we can all fucking cheer as Skippy comes hoping over Shootershill to save us
  • so josh will be playing in the Championship something that seems further away from CAFC daily. So only the BFG and Fosu left to flog and we can all fucking cheer as Skippy comes hoping over Shootershill to save us

Or will he do a Holmes?
  • I wonder if Holmes maybe on his way back to the valley.
    Was he in the S.U. team that played the other night against Inter Milan?
  • Sponsored links:

• How much we got for him is irrelevant - it is how much the Cnut will pocket and how much will go to Bowyer!

Wages only is my guess

If Josh didn’t ask for a transfer, then the club have to pay up his contract, I believe.
  • Is it time to stop pretending Josh Magennis is a world beater yet?
  • I wonder if Holmes maybe on his way back to the valley.
    Was he in the S.U. team that played the other night against Inter Milan?

He started in their final friendly against Doncaster last night.
  • Wait PWR, is the fee undisclosed?
  • Oggy Red said:

10 in 39 games two years ago, 10 in 42 games this year. Those are midfielder stats whichever way you slice them. Sorry just my opinion but he won't be missed for me.

You're judging him on bare statistics though, not the entire self-sacrificing job he was asked to do for the team.

And rarely do statistics tell the full story.

Mine do !!

Used to be 34-24-35........

More like 34-34-34 nowadays .
  • We'll see in the next 10 mins or so when the team news is in
  • Not in squad. Laters Josh.
  • It's very difficult trying to read between the lines , but the fact none of the trialists are playing today or been offered contracts may indicate we are close to completion and there are a list of targets ready to bought in which are ten times better ( yes these glasses im.wearing are rose tinted)
  • If only CH4RLTON , if only .
  • Are Ince, Ward or Dawkins not playing today then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

CH4RLTON said:

It's very difficult trying to read between the lines , but the fact none of the trialists are playing today or been offered contracts may indicate we are close to completion and there are a list of targets ready to bought in which are ten times better ( yes these glasses im.wearing are rose tinted)

Or they aren’t playing in this one as it is the last friendly Bowyer has which he can work his players he knows are his. It would be pointless playing them if they weren’t to sign and next week Bowyer needs to change something but doesn’t have the previous to work it out because he played the trialists instead.

Hopefully the trialists do still sign and we also manage to get the takeover sorted in time for us to do some kind of business, even if they are on loan.
    Still weird though unless we're definitely not signing those players.
  • Sage said:

CH4RLTON said:

It's very difficult trying to read between the lines , but the fact none of the trialists are playing today or been offered contracts may indicate we are close to completion and there are a list of targets ready to bought in which are ten times better ( yes these glasses im.wearing are rose tinted)

Or they aren’t playing in this one as it is the last friendly Bowyer has which he can work his players he knows are his. It would be pointless playing them if they weren’t to sign and next week Bowyer needs to change something but doesn’t have the previous to work it out because he played the trialists instead.

Hopefully the trialists do still sign and we also manage to get the takeover sorted in time for us to do some kind of business, even if they are on loan.
    And we definitely won't be sold before the start of the season.
  • Are Ince, Ward or Dawkins not playing today then?

No.
  • Is it time to stop pretending Josh Magennis is a world beater yet?

Not sure anyone even thinks he’s good enough for the Championship.

That doesn’t mean we won’t miss him - look at our front two today.
  • Listening on Valleypass and they said keeper incoming from Newcastle! And something about now that Magennis has gone to Bolton we are very light in attack!
  • edited July 2018
    @41Woodman41 won the best goalkeeper award as @England under-21s won the Toulon Tournament this summer, and today he spoke to NUFC TV about the competition for the number one shirt at Newcastle.

I believe he started at Palace
  • JamesSeed said:

Sage said:

CH4RLTON said:

And we definitely won't be sold before the start of the season.
    Not surprised, but hopefully in time that we can sign players, even if it is on loan up until 31st August? Surely we don’t have another month of this...
  • It's a shame when anyone leaves squad Rhys this threadbare, but the amount of comments about Magennis' defensive ability speaks volumes of his use as a striker.

Nice bloke I'm sure, but he doesn't score goals and he doesn't win anywhere near enough headers for someone of his size. Wish him all the best Bolton.
  • Magennis will struggle in the Champ, especially in a not very good team