Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• How much we got for him is irrelevant - it is how much the Cnut will pocket and how much will go to Bowyer!

Wages only is my guess

If Josh didn’t ask for a transfer, then the club have to pay up his contract, I believe.
    What I meant was Bowyer will get to spend the wages saved on Josh and not get any of the fee.

• ross1 said:

@41Woodman41 won the best goalkeeper award as @England under-21s won the Toulon Tournament this summer, and today he spoke to NUFC TV about the competition for the number one shirt at Newcastle.

I believe he started at Palace

Doesnt surprise me as his Dad (Andy) was Goalkeeper coach here before going to Newcastle

Just surprised he wasnt in our Youth Team at the time
    Especially as he used to train with us during that period. He's a very ambitious lad.
  • Two years younger than Dillon.
  • ross1 said:

@41Woodman41 won the best goalkeeper award as @England under-21s won the Toulon Tournament this summer, and today he spoke to NUFC TV about the competition for the number one shirt at Newcastle.

I believe he started at Palace

Doesnt surprise me as his Dad (Andy) was Goalkeeper coach here before going to Newcastle

Just surprised he wasnt in our Youth Team at the time
    Especially as he used to train with us during that period. He's a very ambitious lad.
    He won't be joining us then
  • If the takeover happened this week and we had a £10m war-chest, I'd still sign Ince.

Ditto. The risk with him is injury. And it's a sizable risk. But you're unlikely to get a player with as big of an upside at this level.
  • If the takeover happened this week and we had a £10m war-chest, I'd still sign Ince.

Plus Conor Gough and Nadir Ciftci, presumably.
  • Sponsored links:

• Devite is joining a Belgium club called Sporting Charleroi on a free transfer. Shame as i would have liked him back with us.
  • Scoham said:

If the takeover happened this week and we had a £10m war-chest, I'd still sign Ince.

Plus Conor Gough and Nadir Ciftci, presumably.
    Yes Ince would be 3rd on my list.
  • I think Magennis was rarely, if ever in Bowyer's thoughts as a starter for this season .. he's been in the shop window for months ..
  • Scoham said:
    Everyone is expecting Bauer to leave....but maybe it is Ajose on the way out as the 'one more player to leave'.
  • Mag gone and possibly one more . Our squad is hilariously weak.
  • Ajose to Cov rumour is gathering pace up here but nothing concrete to report and it could still be pure speculation on behalf of Cov City supporters, I’ll delve a bit more on Monday. With Josh going, a mistake in my opinion without a replacement already lined up, we are already down to the bare bones and LB has said he’s not sure if Taylor will be fit for Sunderland game! I think we are in a worse position than at any other time during RD ownership, and none of it has been good!! If BFG and Ajose go this week then I’ll be betting on relegation this season because the Belgium idiot will not spend cash to strengthen or even standstill. LB I think is being played.....we need a takeover and NOW!!
  • 200k for Magennis is a piss take .
  • One more to leave after Magennis and before the next one leaves.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018

200k for Magennis is a piss take .

Where did you learn what the transfer fee is?

• So Magennis and Ajose out for a fee and hopefully Dawkins, Ince, loan striker and loan keeper to come in, no fees just wages.

Just a hunch ...... I feel that there will be new players coming in soon, including players not yet rumoured to be joining.

I feel it in my water, as my Nan used to say.

• The fact Bowyer says it's someone we wouldn't expect to be sold I very much doubt it's Ajose/Bauer/Start.

I'll take a guess at JFC or Page.
  • The fact Bowyer says it's someone we wouldn't expect to be sold I very much doubt it's Ajose/Bauer/Start.

I'll take a guess at JFC or Page.

It'll be someone that already doesn't have a back up, a position without cover.

But I don't believe it will be Solly to Gillingham.

• 200k for Magennis is a piss take .

I know - I’d have taken £100K! Total shite last season

He is a great defensive forward, but he has no anticipation, doesn't really hold the ball up and can't finish
  • Bolton news has cash fee 200k .