Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• if I had to take a wild guess at naming a player that another team would come in for but hasn’t been (at least I don’t think so) thought of so far if I’d suggest its Chris Solly. He looked like he’s rolled the clock back yesterday and his play was rock solid. At least one manager in our division will know all about him, as will most of the others. If they thought they could get him with a cheeky bid because of the issues at charlton and his age then I bet another manager will have tried it on
  • Great to see that Bolton have splashed the fact that they got Magennis for a knock down fee. Opens the door wide for a few speculative bids for the likes of Bauer and Aribo who are the most saleable assets. Wouldn’t be completely shocked if both are gone quite soon.
  • We can’t just sell everyone - we will literally be Blackpool Mark 2
  • We have been following Blackpool's model for the last couple of years , asset stripping
  • edited July 2018

if I had to take a wild guess at naming a player that another team would come in for but hasn’t been (at least I don’t think so) thought of so far if I’d suggest its Chris Solly. He looked like he’s rolled the clock back yesterday and his play was rock solid. At least one manager in our division will know all about him, as will most of the others. If they thought they could get him with a cheeky bid because of the issues at charlton and his age then I bet another manager will have tried it on

He won't leave.

Solly is due a testimonial and you have the age old problem of his knee.
  • if I had to take a wild guess at naming a player that another team would come in for but hasn’t been (at least I don’t think so) thought of so far if I’d suggest its Chris Solly. He looked like he’s rolled the clock back yesterday and his play was rock solid. At least one manager in our division will know all about him, as will most of the others. If they thought they could get him with a cheeky bid because of the issues at charlton and his age then I bet another manager will have tried it on

I don’t think it would be Solly, for a start I would imagine there would still be issues for another club around getting insurance for him due to his injuries (I’m sure I read on here that it had been an issue previously).

Plus, naively perhaps, I would imagine that unless the offer was ridiculous Solly wouldn’t want to leave us.
  • Sponsored links:

• The worse possible scenario is coming to fruition; Roland Duchatelet still owns Cafc and vengeance appears to be his overall motive.

Hell hath no fury like a half billionaire scroned.

I like the sound of “scroning” Roland. What exactly does it entail ?

• Addickted said:
    Cash upfront all for Roland, we won't see any of it. The Football League standby and watch the asset stripping.
    I’m not sure about this. Thought the signing of Pratley and/or Ince and/or Dawkins and/or Ward was dependent on one or more being sold...
  • The best signing the club could make is a decent medical team. Fosu ended last season with the hamstring problem and he's still not fit , the last two or three seasons we seem to have so many long term injuries. It can't all be down to bad luck

I am hopeful that should the Aussies eventually take control that is exactly what they will look to be doing. From what I understand of their MO. It would be to have the very best backroom and support available to squeeze every last drop of quality out of the squad. Gain an edge wherever you can.

Big if mind.
  • I thought Bolton were in deep trouble when I saw news that their players went on strike because of wages unpaid..... I even thought to myself 'well some club seems to be in an equally bad situation'.... And now they've bought Magennis from us?! :sweat:
  • I thought Bolton were in deep trouble when I saw news that their players went on strike because of wages unpaid..... I even thought to myself 'well some club seems to be in an equally bad situation'.... And now they've bought Magennis from us?! :sweat:

A poignant reminder of exactly where Roland’s Charlton are.

• First game of last season 17/18

Amos
    Solly, Bauer, Pearce, Dasilva
    Fosu, Kashi, JFC, Holmes
    Clarke, Novak

First game this season 18/19

Phillips
    Solly, Bauer, Pearce, Page
    Marshall, Aribo, JFC, KAG
    Taylor, Ajose

So this time last season I’d say we were better GK, RB(Solly another year on that knee), LB, RM, RCM, LM, CF.
    CB’s same, LCM same, I’d say one better CF that’s it.

Literally need 6 players minimum to even think about play offs. Shambles.
  • vffvff
    edited July 2018
    http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16384372.bolton-nab-josh-magennis-for-cut-price-fee-from-charlton-athletic/

FFS. How & why did Duchatelet agree to drop in fee of £300k ?

The Magennis deal is typical of the kind of shite that Charlton supporters have witnessed over 4&1/2 years that has led to creation & recording of an ever increasing record club debt.

Yet incredibly he still wants all his money back. When will Duchatelet’s abysmal & miserable reign end ?
  • cafc-west said:

Addickted said:
    Cash upfront all for Roland, we won't see any of it. The Football League standby and watch the asset stripping.
    I’m not sure about this. Thought the signing of Pratley and/or Ince and/or Dawkins and/or Ward was dependent on one or more being sold...
    16 players not here from last season! Loan player returning to clubs , players sold in Jan! Players sold this summer! Only 2 bought in this summer! Bowyer and supporters being done over!!

Amos
    Fosu, Kashi, JFC, Holmes
    Clarke, Novak

Phillips
    Taylor, Ajose

So this time last season I’d say we were better GK, RB(Solly another year on that knee), LB, RM, RCM, LM, CF.

We look very light for the start of the season, but that's partially down to injuries. Add Fosu and Clarke back in to the 18/19 team, plus Pratley and Reeves and the midfield looks much stronger.

That's not our final squad for the season, players will come in before the end of August. Amos for example didn't sign until the 29th July, and JDS on the 21st

Amos
    Fosu, Kashi, JFC, Holmes
    Clarke, Novak

Phillips
    Taylor, Ajose

We look very light for the start of the season, but that's partially down to injuries. Add Fosu and Clarke back in to the 18/19 team, plus Pratley and Reeves and the midfield looks much stronger.

That's not our final squad for the season, players will come in before the end of August. Amos for example didn't sign until the 29th July, and JDS on the 21st
    Maybe so mate but we’ve Sunderland, Shrewsbury and Accrington two of which away from home honesty won’t be surprised if we are in the bottom three end of the month, and the injury list is because of Roland I’m not having it one bit that it’s constant bad luck, whoever is in charge is linked up with injury prone players who no one else wants!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018

Scoham said:

Bowyer sounds confident the squad will be improved.

“We might lose one more, probably not anyone that anyone is thinking but I think we’ll be bringing in a lot more than we’ll be losing.”

Been saying this since the end of last season but how are we still getting spun the absolute bollocks that the squad is improving?

Since the end of last season we have lost:

Amos, Dasilva, Konsa, Lennon, Kashi, Jackson, Kaikai, Mavididi, Zyro, Magennis

We have brought in:

Taylor and Pratley.

Can't fault the 2 signings as individuals but it's clear to anyone that the squad is ridiculously weaker.

At the start of pre season i'm almost certain Bowyer said we'd be bringing in 4-5 signings. Well less than a week before the first game we have 2 signings, one is injured and the other not match fit.

Fan-f*cking-tastic.
    And yet, a team we lost 2-0 to in a pre-season friendly last season when most of those ‘lost’ players were available and we had holmes had just been beaten 1-0 in this pre-season’s friendly by our ‘ridiculously weaker’ team.
  • Can Premiership youngster or championship loans fill the gaping holes in the squad, after the transfer window closes in early August 18 ?
  • vff said:

Can Premiership youngster or championship loans fill the gaping holes in the squad, after the transfer window closes in early August 18 ?

time will tell as I would imagine that's what is going to happen.
  • Connor Gough? (And Nadir Ciftzi uptop)

Ciftci since 2015.

4 goals in 26 at Celtic.
    4 in 12 at Eskişehirspor
    0 in 10 at Pogoń Szczecin
    0 in 8 at Plymouth
    3 in 15 at Motherwell.

He makes Lisbie look prolific.

Will allow LB to bring in Dawkins, Ince and Ward if he wants to. Not sure it gives him room to manoeuvre a replacement for Josh. Can see Ward not signing unless Paddy departs but where we replace Magennis with similar quality with no budget is a conundrum. Premier League loan methinks.

I think as far as the belgians are concerned we have a replacement for Magennis .... Taylor.
  • We're treading water until RD leaves.
  • vff said:

Can Premiership youngster or championship loans fill the gaping holes in the squad, after the transfer window closes in early August 18 ?

That was an actual question as whether that can happen as to whether loans can be made due to the new window rules. Is that a possibility ? As without any loans the squad is looking really thin, even for a Duchatelet normal season.
  • vff said:

It can help fill some of the gaps. If the Aussies take us over after the transfer deadline has passed that'll be all they can do, and as they'll presumably be more willing to pay for these loan players (share of wages, loan fee) hopefully we can get better ones in
  • We've had an unbeaten pre-season so RD must think the squad is good enough, both in quality and quantity! :(
  • vff said:

vff said:

That was an actual question as whether that can happen as to whether loans can be made due to the new window rules. Is that a possibility ? As without any loans the squad is looking really thin, even for a Duchatelet normal season.
    Yes loans still go to the end of the window. Although I am not 100% sure if we can sign or loan out players to/from other League 1 clubs?