Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Mrkinski said:

JamesSeed said:

We’re 12/1 to win the League, 7/2 for promotion.
    Favourites are Sunderland who are 11/4 and 5/6 respectively.

We’re 18/1 for relegation and 66/1 to finish bottom. [Odds from Paddy Power]

You’ll see those last oddis decrease drastically today as the Aussies fill their boots, thus acquiring all the funding required for a new 6 year planned assault on the prem.

This is confidential info. Please don’t pass on.

Is this a drill or are you saying we are there?
    Mrkinski said:

JamesSeed said:

You’ll see those last oddis decrease drastically today as the Aussies fill their boots, thus acquiring all the funding required for a new 6 year planned assault on the prem.

Is this a drill or are you saying we are there?
    I’ll be the last to hear!
  • Add to that Ajose leaving, a good start to the week!
  • Oh dear the owner has said he is an important part of our defence and for our promotion push! Sounds like the Rat might be staying for a while longer yet :disappointed:
  • edited July 2018
    Scoham said:
    Not that he would have had a say in Magennis leaving but I don't think Bowyer rated him.
  • Moo said:
    Good news that he is staying but is that more to do with the fee they want for him and the other clubs are not willing to pay it?

Don't get too excited about him being offered a new contract. They did the same with Fosu and Aribo weeks ago and they have showed no interest in signing a new deal especially when they all have 12 months left to run.
  • JamesSeed said:

The Aussies might be better lumping on that 66/1 if the takeover carries on any longer.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Oh dear the owner has said he is an important part of our defence and for our promotion push! Sounds like the Rat might be staying for a while longer yet :disappointed:

Not sure who blinked first but Aussies long ball game not panning out as planned.
  • Ross said:

Taylor injured
    Vetokele injured

Magennis leaving
    Ajose potentially leaving

That leaves KAG and RHF as our only two fit strikers.

Brilliant.

Has a club ever had all of its available strikers under investigation?
  • LB quoted as saying:

“Bolton tried to take him as well after Josh. They made a deal with Josh and tried to do it with Pat as well.

“But on Saturday I had an email from the owner saying that Pat is staying. He said that Pat is a massive part of our defence and we need to keep him because he improves our chances of promotion."

Has RD been taking some medication?

Those are not the words of an owner that thinks he may not be an owner soon.

Or

The Aussies have drawn a line in the sand and said “no more sales of key players or its off” and Bauer qualifies as one of those key players (but Magennis doesn’t).
  • The main issue with our side going into the new season is creativity and has been for a long time, if we created more chances i think Ajose would be useful at this level, at the back end of last season he was in so many good positions but never received the ball

Do not like his attitude
  • If Bauer signs a new deal then I imagine he'll be sold shortly afterwards.
  • JamesSeed said:

The Aussies might be better lumping on that 66/1 if the takeover carries on any longer.
    That's what I meant!
  • Think we will see Ward signed this week. LB mentions we need another right sided centre back. Very good signing if it happens.
  • Bowyer is delighted that Bauer is staying 'cos Bolton haven't matched the asking price. Doesn't fill me with much confidence that he will stay ... there's still over a week before transfer window ends! I may be ultra pessimistic, but why would anyone trust the word of this Belgian? And he may still not sign the new contract and leave in January. Have Fosu and Aribo signed their new contracts yet?

I thought Bolton were brassic, where is this money coming from?
  • Sponsored links:

• Mavididi anyone?

Striker that can play out wide
    se9addick said:

Bowyer is delighted that Bauer is staying 'cos Bolton haven't matched the asking price. Doesn't fill me with much confidence that he will stay ... there's still over a week before transfer window ends! I may be ultra pessimistic, but why would anyone trust the word of this Belgian? And he may still not sign the new contract and leave in January. Have Fosu and Aribo signed their new contracts yet?

Offloading Amos to Millwall ?

se9addick said:

Bowyer is delighted that Bauer is staying 'cos Bolton haven't matched the asking price. Doesn't fill me with much confidence that he will stay ... there's still over a week before transfer window ends! I may be ultra pessimistic, but why would anyone trust the word of this Belgian? And he may still not sign the new contract and leave in January. Have Fosu and Aribo signed their new contracts yet?

Offloading Amos to Millwall ?
    He’s only on loan
  • Swisdom said:

Mavididi anyone?

Striker that can play out wide

Could be good but very injury prone. He did well at the start of his loan not so well at the end. Fosu is better for sure.
  • Valley11 said:

I wonder if LB will use his Newcastle connections to bring in IvanToney on loan? Has a decent scoring record in league 1 and can play wide as well as central.

Scored the winner for Scunthorpe back in April at the Valley.
  • Bauer staying is big news. Not bothered about Ajose going HOWEVER that leaves us incredibly light up top. Vetokele is out for 4-6 weeks and Taylor may not be fit for start of the season.

We are light up front with Ajose
  • edited July 2018
  • adam armstrong or is that wishful thinking