Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Bauer staying is big news. Not bothered about Ajose going HOWEVER that leaves us incredibly light up top. Vetokele is out for 4-6 weeks and Taylor may not be fit for start of the season.

BFG staying would be good news indeed. All that article and Bowyer have said is that roly's price hasn't been met, yet. Wanderers or Rovers could yet return with an improved offer. Knowing there is interest elsewhere at less preposterous clubs could see the BFG suggest he'd rather look elsewhere. Most likely of all is the tombstone toothed clustertwunt will take the ready cash on offer and because he is a duplicitous shitfaced wankstain, he'll take the offer on August 8th, leaving Bowyer and the club high and dry. The malignant fistula has form in this area and there is always another layer at the bottom of the barrel he is willing to scrape. For all you betting types out there, where tooshits is concerned, your money is best placed on the worst possible of all outcomes for the future of CAFC, whatever will be most damaging, most illogical, most spiteful, that's what the plutotwat will do; cos that's what he's done for nigh on 4 years, since we called him out for being worse than useless.
  • Ross said:

Taylor injured
    Vetokele injured

Magennis leaving
    Ajose potentially leaving

That leaves KAG and RHF as our only two fit strikers.

Brilliant.

This is a complete farse!!!!!!
  • Moo said:

Swisdom said:

Mavididi anyone?

Striker that can play out wide

Could be good but very injury prone. He did well at the start of his loan not so well at the end. Fosu is better for sure.
    Fosu's not fit and won't be for the thick end of 2 months yet.
  • Greenie said:

Ajose should be sold because he does that silly thing of pulling the side of his shorts up, WTF is all that about.
    Also any player that wears his socks above his knee should be sold, we're Charlton, not one of the glory boys teams.
    Thats really as much as I know.

Dare I ask - do you have an issue with coloured boots?
  • Swisdom said:

Mavididi anyone?

Nooooooooi
  • Wonder which foreign clubs would be interested... Cyprus seems a popular choice for players at this level

Malta?
    Faroe Islands?
    Gibraltar, that's it Gib is about his level.
  • Sage said:

We won’t have the budget for it, I know that and he might not even be what we need, but to allow Dijksteel to move into midfield when he is back from illness, Liam Rosenior is a free agent and can provide good experienced cover for Solly and Page, having played both full back positions in the past.

"Liam Rosenior will take up a coaching role with Brighton’s academy ahead of the new season after announcing his retirement earlier today.

Rosenior will take his first steps into coaching assisting Simon Rusk ahead of the under-23s’ Premier League 2 Division 1 campaign, in the role of professional development phase coach."
  • Swisdom said:

Mavididi anyone?

Was almost as ineffective as Kaikai last season. Bar a couple of good games during his initial loan spell with us, he's offered very little.
  • CAFCDAZ said:

adam armstrong or is that wishful thinking

Newcastle reportedly want 3m for him so yes pretty wishful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Striker signs from Germany!!!

For the Women's team
  • Swisdom said:

Mavididi anyone?

Not convinced by him myself. I'm not sure he's not an out and out goalscorer or a wide player that will regularly create chances. Has a similar style to Watt, drops deep, drifts wide and takes players on. Not much point beating a couple of players if it doesn't often end in a chance.
  • CAFCDAZ said:

adam armstrong or is that wishful thinking

Pointless or is that Alexander thinking about it?

Either way, being Charlton, it will be pointless in all senses of the word...
  • se9addick said:

sam3110 said:

Striker signs from Germany!!!

For the Women's team

According to Wiki she’s a striker who’s only scored three goals in her career, which would probably put her ahead of Ajose!
    and she fails the CL height test miserably!
  • Swisdom said:

Greenie said:

Ajose should be sold because he does that silly thing of pulling the side of his shorts up, WTF is all that about.
    Also any player that wears his socks above his knee should be sold, we're Charlton, not one of the glory boys teams.

I do !!!

No surprise there are so more injuries nowdays compared with 25 years ago. Vetojeke & Taylor being the latest 2. Neither were heavy tackles & Vetokele simply got kicked after playing the ball.

Only good thing about coloured boots is that the players are easier to spot......esp if they are daft enough to wear multi /different coloured ones !!
  • Liam Rosenior announced his retirement today

@harveys_gardener will be pleased, no doubt
  • sam3110 said:

Liam Rosenior announced his retirement today

@harveys_gardener will be pleased, no doubt

So we did sign him.
  • Swisdom said:

Greenie said:

I do !!!

No surprise there are so more injuries nowdays compared with 25 years ago. Vetojeke & Taylor being the latest 2. Neither were heavy tackles & Vetokele simply got kicked after playing the ball.

Only good thing about coloured boots is that the players are easier to spot......esp if they are daft enough to wear multi /different coloured ones !!
    I miss the days of black boots, the world has gone mad.
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    No point signing for us , not available until after the transfer windows shut.
  • edited July 2018
    Looks like Sarr upfront at Stadìum of Light then.

C'mon Lee, buy Ciftci. You know you want to.
  • Good news about Patrick Bauer - provided that Blackburn don't come back with an offer closer to Duchatelet's target figure. If they do, he'll be off in the blink of an eye, regardless of the fact that (as Roland allegedly puts it) "Pat is a massive part of our defence and we need to keep him because he improves our chances of promotion". If Duchatelet still owns the club and Bauer doesn't accept the proposed contract extension, he'll be gone in January anyway, probably with Fosu and possibly Aribo if they decline the proposed extensions which Bowyer said some time ago were under discussion.

I'd be very happy if managed to move Ajose on. Granted, he's had a difficult time here with a lack of service and Robinson's obsession with only one up front, but he's shown very little and I really don't think he wants to be here. I expect it will be another subsidised loan, unless his agent can get him a 2 year deal somewhere.

As for incomings, it looks like we'll be relying on loans, as the prospects of Duchatelet funding a transfer fee or significant signing on fees are in the order of zero.
  • Sky Sports are saying that Josh has agreed terms with Bolton

Move expected to be completed this afternoon
  • edited July 2018
    Navy Sarr to go uptops and get 25+ Goals

You heard it here first
  • Big guns up top
  • Scoham said:
    Not that he would have had a say in Magennis leaving but I don't think Bowyer rated him.
    Or Bowyer wants to play a different way.

One downside of Magennis playing when in the Charlton team (.... not Josh's fault at all), is that often the midfield would be bypassed, as defenders would lump it forward somewhere vaguely in his direction. And usually the ball would come straight back, again putting our defence under pressure.

As I said, perhaps Bowyer wants to play a different way.

• se9addick said:

Bowyer is delighted that Bauer is staying 'cos Bolton haven't matched the asking price. Doesn't fill me with much confidence that he will stay ... there's still over a week before transfer window ends! I may be ultra pessimistic, but why would anyone trust the word of this Belgian? And he may still not sign the new contract and leave in January. Have Fosu and Aribo signed their new contracts yet?

I thought Bolton were brassic, where is this money coming from?
    They sold Gary Madine to Cardiff, for supposedly a £6 mill fee (officially undisclosed) in January.

No doubt they've been permitted to spend a percentage of that.