Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• It reads to me like Duchatelet was trying to start a bidding war for Bauer.

Possibly although I don’t think Bolton have got enough money for that. Personally think it’s exacrly what the Bolton chairman said. Magennis is no world beater but they signed an international striker for pennies and thought they might have the same joy with Bauer.
  • Freddie Woodman
    Remi Matthews
    Conor Ripley

All 3 linked with us. On the back of today's SLP
  • How many goalies do we want?
  • Rich Cawley just posted saying Taylor is replacement for Magennis as they knew he was going.

And Ajose is being replaced by an attacking winger by sounds of things.

So it’s Taylor, RHF and the ever reliable Vetokele for the season chaps, good times.
  • Taylor for Magennis isn't a surprise as thought people on here were saying that long before the latter left yesterday
  • sam3110 said:

We need another striker in the building, regardless of Ajose staying or going.

We need 2 more wingers, or Grant to commit to being a winger full time.

We need another central midfielder

We need full backs that can push Solly and Page for their positions

We need a fourth centre back, who can cover the right side where only Pearce is comfortable.

We need another Goalkeeper.

And above all else, we need a new owner ASAP, and there is now only 4 days til the first game and 9 days til the end of the transfer window

On the pitch, rather than in the building, please
  • shirty5 said:

Freddie Woodman
    Remi Matthews
    Conor Ripley

Woodman is quality . He would be number 1, I think
  • Any word on what has happened to Ward, Ince and Dawkins?

Not done enough for a contract or do we simply not have the money for wages?
  • Sponsored links:

Wonder if Dawkins is the attacking winger that'll replace Ajose

Lb said he will make a decision this week. Hope we get all 3.

Wonder if Dawkins is the attacking winger that'll replace Ajose
    Surely Bowyer would have said Dawkins name seeing as he's been on trial here
  • Hope we dont play KAG as a winger all season, think he will do well in a 2 up front with Taylor. We really need to bring in a couple of proper old school wingers to offer cover and competition for Fosu.
  • edited July 2018
    Moo said:

Any word on what has happened to Ward, Ince and Dawkins?

Wish he'd made a decision last week, then he could've given Ince and Dawkins more game time v Norwich and they'd be in the squad for Sunderland.

They didn't play v Norwich, so what does he know this week about them that he didn't know last week?
  • Moo said:

Any word on what has happened to Ward, Ince and Dawkins?

Wish he'd made a decision last week, then he could've given Ince and Dawkins more game time v Norwich and they'd be in the squad for Sunderland.

They didn't play v Norwich, so what does he know this week about them that he didn't know last week?
    If there are cheaper options available
  • Perhaps I'm being over optimistic, the transfer window is open for a few more weeks yet and there are still a lot of decent players either on the market or without a club. I can't see there being much or any cash available for Bowyer to spend but there is still time and room for some wheeling and dealing.
    After a few games, win, lose or draw, Bowyer and his team will have a clearer idea of who and what they want and don't want
  • Perhaps I'm being over optimistic, the transfer window is open for a few more weeks yet and there are still a lot of decent players either on the market or without a club. I can't see there being much or any cash available for Bowyer to spend but there is still time and room for some wheeling and dealing.
    After a few games, win, lose or draw, Bowyer and his team will have a clearer idea of who and what they want and don't want

Friday week, after which loans only but seeing as you mention wheeling and dealing I am assuming you mean permanent deals so definitely not a 'few more weeks yet'

• Which of our players are we expecting to see leave on a last minute loan deal later in the window-they love a last minute curve ball. Grant?
  • Sponsored links:

Friday week, after which loans only but seeing as you mention wheeling and dealing I am assuming you mean permanent deals so definitely not a 'few more weeks yet'

I'm pretty sure we can still sign players from abroad until the 31st August (or whenever the European transfer window closes too) not that we will sign anybody! We just cant sign players from English clubs unless on loan
  • wmcf123 said:

shirty5 said:

Freddie Woodman
    Remi Matthews
    Conor Ripley

No 4 keeper at Newcastle and less senior experiences than Phillips - he might be brilliant but what are we basing that on? If we get another loan keeper in as No1 then we might as well sell Phillips - no point him spending another season on the bench.
    I am sure we have had this exact convo at least a few times on this rumours page re: phillips no1 or be gone.... feel like im on a roundabout on this thread sometimes.
  • wmcf123 said:

shirty5 said:

Freddie Woodman
    Remi Matthews
    Conor Ripley

No 4 keeper at Newcastle and less senior experiences than Phillips - he might be brilliant but what are we basing that on? If we get another loan keeper in as No1 then we might as well sell Phillips - no point him spending another season on the bench.
    I am sure we have had this exact convo at least a few times on this rumours page re: phillips no1 or be gone.... feel like im on a roundabout on this thread sometimes.
    52nd time to be exact - will stop at 100!
  • Red_James said:

Perhaps I'm being over optimistic, the transfer window is open for a few more weeks yet and there are still a lot of decent players either on the market or without a club. I can't see there being much or any cash available for Bowyer to spend but there is still time and room for some wheeling and dealing.

I'm pretty sure we can still sign players from abroad until the 31st August (or whenever the European transfer window closes too) not that we will sign anybody! We just cant sign players from English clubs unless on loan
    Other way around, they can sign our players but we can't sign theirs
  • edited July 2018

shirty5 said:

Freddie Woodman
    Remi Matthews
    Conor Ripley

All have poor goal scoring records.
    That''s all very well but can these goalkeepers dribble up the pitch like Lloris and split a defence like Pirlo? :wink:
  • wmcf123 said:

shirty5 said:

Freddie Woodman
    Remi Matthews
    Conor Ripley

Try the takeover thread
  • Chrispy51 said:

wmcf123 said:

shirty5 said:

Freddie Woodman
    Remi Matthews
    Conor Ripley

Try the takeover thread
    No thank you! 31k unread messages encounting..

I meant more loans than perms .. I have always disliked the loan system for a lot of reasons, but for a club in our position loans are pretty essential and they are a fact of life
  • Matthews was supposedly class for Plymouth last season. He’d be a good signing.