Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• edited July 2018

Perhaps I'm being over optimistic, the transfer window is open for a few more weeks yet and there are still a lot of decent players either on the market or without a club. I can't see there being much or any cash available for Bowyer to spend but there is still time and room for some wheeling and dealing.
    After a few games, win, lose or draw, Bowyer and his team will have a clearer idea of who and what they want and don't want

Friday week, after which loans only but seeing as you mention wheeling and dealing I am assuming you mean permanent deals so definitely not a 'few more weeks yet'

There is a back door method too.
    Can be used after the permanent window closing while the loan window remains open.

Apparently you can sign a player on a full contract, but he can only be registered as a loan - which then runs until 1st January, when the player's registration is made permanent.

I've read it somewhere I'm sure, but I might have misunderstood.

• edited July 2018
    Oggy Red said:

Perhaps I'm being over optimistic, the transfer window is open for a few more weeks yet and there are still a lot of decent players either on the market or without a club. I can't see there being much or any cash available for Bowyer to spend but there is still time and room for some wheeling and dealing.
    After a few games, win, lose or draw, Bowyer and his team will have a clearer idea of who and what they want and don't want

Friday week, after which loans only but seeing as you mention wheeling and dealing I am assuming you mean permanent deals so definitely not a 'few more weeks yet'

Can be used after the permanent window closing while the loan window remains open.

Apparently you can sign a player on a full contract, but he can only be registered as a loan - which then runs until 1st January, when the player's registration is made permanent.

Not really a back door method, that's just a loan with option/obligation to buy in January. Same as what happens with loans now, like Mbappe's to PSG last summer. But indeed will be a way slightly around it if we want to buy a player in August but can't because the window is closed.
  • sam3110 said:

Red_James said:

I'm pretty sure we can still sign players from abroad until the 31st August (or whenever the European transfer window closes too) not that we will sign anybody! We just cant sign players from English clubs unless on loan
    Other way around, they can sign our players but we can't sign theirs
    Yeah your right I must have misread somewhere as I was pretty sure you could sign players from foreign leagues still.
  • Oggy Red said:

Not really a back door method, that's just a loan with option/obligation to buy in January. Same as what happens with loans now, like Mbappe's to PSG last summer. But indeed will be a way slightly around it if we want to buy a player in August but can't because the window is closed.
    Still restricted to 5 loans in the match day squad though, so couldn't "buy" a full squad in this way
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Oggy Red said:

Still restricted to 5 loans in the match day squad though, so couldn't "buy" a full squad in this way
    True, but there's no way Roland is going to fork out wages for 5 loans anyway.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Oggy Red said:

The bloke wouldn't buy his own Mum a cuppa.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Oggy Red said:

We did last season

Amos
    JDS
    Mavididi
    Kaikai
    Zyro
  • He meant good ones.
  • ross1 said:

If we sign more than 2 before Saturday, I will be very surprised and even then they will probably not be match fit and not ready for a few weeks

If we sign 2 before Saturday they probably wont even be 16 for a few weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

If we sign more than 2 before Saturday, I will be very surprised and even then they will probably not be match fit and not ready for a few weeks

If we sign 2 before Saturday they probably wont even be 16 for a few weeks.
    Resorting to signing 15 year olds now? That is a new low
    That was the joke fella
  • Got a feeling we will sign at least two of the trialists, and I think at least one will sign before Sunderland (Dawkins) and I think Ince will have another week with us before we sign him.
  • I wonder whether Igor apparently staying then getting injured (so we can't shift him on now) has affected Bowyer's wages budget

It's notable that with all the turnover of more recent signings, that we still have THREE players left from the Driessen era, Igor, Bauer and Sarr, all presumably on very high wages for this league
  • Lost for words on the situation at the moment. Can’t believe what’s going on. How can one man ruin our club. Fucking discrace. Fuck the Efl and fuck the people who thought this man was our ‘saviour’
  • Sage said:

Got a feeling we will sign at least two of the trialists, and I think at least one will sign before Sunderland (Dawkins) and I think Ince will have another week with us before we sign him.

Also We haven’t announced squad numbers yet. So hopefully there be some signings this week.
  • Oggy Red said:

I'm a fan of the back door method.
  • 2 and a bit days left.
  • cfgs said:

2 and a bit days left.

The transfer window closes on the 9th.
  • Moo said:

Sage said:

Got a feeling we will sign at least two of the trialists, and I think at least one will sign before Sunderland (Dawkins) and I think Ince will have another week with us before we sign him.

Also We haven’t announced squad numbers yet. So hopefully there be some signings this week.
    The old “squad numbers are not in so we are about to make signings” has historically been right up there with “we will announce loads of signings on 1st June when contracts are over” as things that hardly ever actually happen.
  • Oggy Red said:

I'm a fan of the back door method.
    Yeah your boyfriend told me the same recently. Apparantly you would be 6 foot tall if you werent but now find it tough standing up straight
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

cfgs said:

2 and a bit days left.

Does it I know the Prem window does I just assumed ours would stop before we commenced as well. oh well still not long.
  • cfgs said:

Scoham said:

cfgs said:

2 and a bit days left.

Does it I know the Prem window does I just assumed ours would stop before we commenced as well. oh well still not long.
    However we can make loan signings up to the end of August, which can also include the option to become permanent in January.
  • Plus if someone like STVV wanted to sign Patrick Bauer and so match the fee we wanted, they've got until the end of August to sign him
  • Scoham said:

cfgs said:

Scoham said:

cfgs said:

2 and a bit days left.

However we can make loan signings up to the end of August, which can also include the option to become permanent in January.
    And free agents can be signed after the 9th like Ince, Dawkins etc.
  • bobcafc7 said:

Scoham said:

cfgs said:

Scoham said:

cfgs said:

2 and a bit days left.

But only until the end of August. After this they can’t play until January.
  • So basically the simplification of the window hasn't worked then.

• What a crap thread. Not a rumour in sight of any possible names, not even wild guesswork or fantasy.

Come on you lot, pull your finger out!

• Crusty54 said:

bobcafc7 said:

Scoham said:

cfgs said:

Scoham said:

cfgs said:

2 and a bit days left.

If they are a free agent on the 9th we can sign them at any time. See best, leon
  • In case anyone is still in any doubt:

This year the official deadline has been set at 5pm on Thursday 9 August.

That means all Premier League and English Football League clubs must complete transfer deals to buy players before the top-flight season starts on Saturday 11 August.

The EFL season is set to begin a week before on 4 August and clubs outside the top flight will still be able to sign unregistered players and loanees until 31 August.

So while English clubs will be able to sell players until the end of August, buying activity will cease on 9 August.

Italy is Friday 17 August, the day before Serie A begins.
    Spain, Germany and France, (and Scotland) all stay as 31 August.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Crusty54 said:

bobcafc7 said:

Scoham said:

cfgs said:

Scoham said:

cfgs said:

2 and a bit days left.

If they are a free agent on the 9th we can sign them at any time. See best, leon
    Rules have changed on that with the introduction of the new Transfer Window date

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/february/earlier-closure-of-transfer-window-agreed-by-efl-clubs/

Register players who ceased to be registered with a club during the period up until 31st August 2018