Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• Staggered about Sane. Maybe he wishes now he played for France instead (he has dual nationality)!
  • Are we happy Sane isn't going? We are delighted which says it all really!
  • Also comes down to whether Sane plays well in the system and with the players that Low plans to use

This is the English issue, we're thinking of the individual name that should be in the squad rather than the squad as a whole

Based on the stats from our League One winning season (for example) that if we could have any player from League One that season then it would be Jordan Rhodes alongside Bradley Wright-Phillips instead of Yann, after all the stats show that he scored more goals, yet the system we played you'd be crazy to put Rhodes in ahead of Kermorgant

True. The general opinion from those close to the german squad seem to be of the opinion that Sane was left out purely because he hasn't done much at international level. 12 caps, 0 goals, 1 assist.
  • Also comes down to whether Sane plays well in the system and with the players that Low plans to use

This is the English issue, we're thinking of the individual name that should be in the squad rather than the squad as a whole

Based on the stats from our League One winning season (for example) that if we could have any player from League One that season then it would be Jordan Rhodes alongside Bradley Wright-Phillips instead of Yann, after all the stats show that he scored more goals, yet the system we played you'd be crazy to put Rhodes in ahead of Kermorgant

True. The general opinion from those close to the german squad seem to be of the opinion that Sane was left out purely because he hasn't done much at international level. 12 caps, 0 goals, 1 assist.
    Blimey that is poor from him in terms of stats... He didnt really do much at the Confederations Cup last year whilst Brandt (cant say I've ever noticed him) might have impressed Low in that competition more

Its been the beauty for Germany over the last year... they've a young squad anyway yet have had at least two competitions in the last 12-months (Confeds Cup | Euro U21s) to decide who'll occupy the remaining places around the likes of Neuer | Muller | Ozil etc.
  • Not sure if this has been posted already , but each sides world cup squad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44083365
  • So Germany and Belgium have got youth and experience.
  • The BBC has a "not going to the WC" picker. This is my team

• Sponsored links:

• I’m wondering if the Brazilian keeper Cassio, will be looking for a move to the premier league from Corinthians, apparently he’s very good with his timing.

I expect Rolex Duchatelet to snap him up
  • I’m wondering if the Brazilian keeper Cassio, will be looking for a move to the premier league from Corinthians, apparently he’s very good with his timing.

Heard he is calculated with his decisions, plus always comes to the correct answer in the end, even when faced with multiple equations to deal with.
  • Sage said:

I’m wondering if the Brazilian keeper Cassio, will be looking for a move to the premier league from Corinthians, apparently he’s very good with his timing.

Heard he is calculated with his decisions, plus always comes to the correct answer in the end, even when faced with multiple equations to deal with.
    reckon he would have pretty good timekeeping aswell
  • The BBC has a "not going to the WC" picker. This is my team

easy.......any cafc starting 11 this season.
  • Don’t know if this has been posted elsewhere but check out the temporary stand on this stadium:

well if we had the same rules for England we wouldn't have anyone going.

tbf I saw Germany a couple of months ago against Brazil and Sane was ineffectual. just stuck on the wing. partly Low's fault but you cant criticise him too much cos of his record.
  • Sponsored links:

well if we had the same rules for England we wouldn't have anyone going.

tbf I saw Germany a couple of months ago against Brazil and Sane was ineffectual. just stuck on the wing. partly Low's fault but you cant criticise him too much cos of his record.
    True but it shows you the mentality that Germany have. No matter how good a player is, if you don't perform or fit in the system then you're not going. Whereas we spent about 7-8 years trying to get Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes to work
  • Valley11 said:

Don’t know if this has been posted elsewhere but check out the temporary stand on this stadium:

About 4 times on this thread in the last couple of pages...
  • edited June 2018
    Stuck to players from teams not going, so no Germans, Spaniards, Brazilians, etc.
  • How can Belgium be so crap with their star studded line up ?
  • How can Belgium be so crap with their star studded line up ?

See England circa 2002-06
  • Ross said:

Valley11 said:

Don’t know if this has been posted elsewhere but check out the temporary stand on this stadium:

About 4 times on this thread in the last couple of pages...
    Ah...apologies
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RAkiSOiUKY

Some bloke watching a match at that stadium. Skip to 4:30.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RAkiSOiUKY

Some bloke watching a match at that stadium. Skip to 4:30.

In fairness it looks as though you can see the game without any problem whatsoever, it's just bit of an odd/unique view.
  • Still looks bloody dangerous to me.