Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• what a great piece of defending at the end though...

2-1, 91st minute...

• Hummels i presume?
  • sam3110 said:

Hummels i presume?

No Germany were wearing Adidas as usual :smile:
  • BBC report is saying that Hummels escaped giving away a penalty

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44374042

The visitors almost extended Germany's winless run when Hummels escaped conceding a spot-kick late on.

From that GIF he's certainly not gotten any of the ball, have to wonder if he pulls the Saudi off balance so he cant put it in an empty net
  • edited June 2018

Seems good price to me.

Seems good price to me.

It’s that high because there’s such a low chance that Cahill will start. As well as Sterling, Rashford and Kane all to start, unfortunately on that one.
  • Rose/Young, Cahill/Maguire & Lingard/Rashford are the 3. Other 8 seem set

Seems good price to me.

It'll be Rashford or Sterling, not both. And then Lingard, or maybe Loftus Cheek or Delph.
  • Rose/Young, Cahill/Maguire & Lingard/Rashford are the 3. Other 8 seem set

Id add Dier / Henderson too as the former can drop back into Defence if ever needed and so tighten up at the back
  • My thinking was that Rose was more impressive than young. Maguires pace was slightly exposed against CR and Cahill got mom against Nigeria. I can’t see him playing two holding against Tunisia (he didn’t against Nigeria) and Henderson put in a much better performance than Dier.
  • Sponsored links:

• My thinking was that Rose was more impressive than young. Maguires pace was slightly exposed against CR and Cahill got mom against Nigeria. I can’t see him playing two holding against Tunisia (he didn’t against Nigeria) and Henderson put in a much better performance than Dier.

We'll see Dier and Henderson from the KO Rounds I reckon...

Although the commentators asked Southgate if he had worked on other systems, they got the reply saying that the formation being used was the formation they would use, after speaking with his coaches he said they felt it could be adapted to deal with anything thrown at them
  • Southgate has said he won't play two holding players, I.e Dier and Henderson together.
  • I was quite impressed with Delph in midfield. He can do the donkey work, but is more of a footballer than say Dier.
  • Dier could still play as one of the centre backs...
  • France losing at home at HT. 1-0 to USA.

Seems good price to me.

I don't think he'll play Rashford and Sterling.
  • Macronate said:

I don't rate our chances at all.but if we could just somehow beat Belgium I would die a happy man.

The omens are not good.

Just last week, the English darts team got knocked out of the World Cup of Darts by.....Belgium.
    Chisnall was Shit, I watched that match Cross played well but why on earth was he partned with Chisnall lol

Might have had a chance if Cross was partnered with Smith
    Because Cross and Chisnall are the 2 highest ranked English players on the PDC order of merit.
  • Spain struggling against Tunisia as well. Not impressed with any of the top European sides in these friendlies.

If I was Brazilian, I'd be rubbing my hands together with glee.
  • edited June 2018
    Spain have finally scored through Aspas.

France losing 1-0 at home to the USA at the moment though
  • Spain hold out for a 1-0 win after an 84th minute winner... France still looking turgid. Griezmann subbed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mbappe equalises
  • Full time 1-1 for the French against USA under 21s.
  • Finding it hard to support a team called 'Socceroos', but I reckon the French will manage to fuck up against err.. us...(?)
  • Strange. I watched the replay of France v Italy and thought France looked superb. It's not Italy had a poor game. Just France were really really good. What happened at the game against the US? France became too complacent?
  • I’d imagine the competitiveness of the qualified teams are half that of the ones with the summer off. Can’t imagine Griesmann et al are flying about the pitch just a week before their first game.
  • edited June 2018
    Good win for Serbia yesterday 5-1 against Bolivia....reckon they will do well in Russia.
  • Wonder why it was played in Austria and not in Serbia....guess their training camp is there.
  • Or are Serbia under a UEFA / FIFA ban at the moment for previous crowd trouble?
  • Wonder why it was played in Austria and not in Serbia....guess their training camp is there.
    Reckon a lot of teams play at a neutral ground to simulate being at a world cup.