Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• mad to think this is probably messi and ronaldos last time on the world cup stage. 2 unreal players.
  • this match is surely gonna kick off late thanks to a sermon from father putin
  • at least the locals look happy
  • Five minutes in and it was clear Fox Sports' coverage was going to be absolutely insufferable.

And now we've given Vladimir Putting the chance to address the world stage. So that's nice.
  • I predict that if England reach the final, this thread will surpass 900 pages and @ValleyGary will be honoured with a promote.
  • Argentine referee looks scary
  • Go Saudi Arabia.
  • I got a feeling var is going to factor into this game already don't know why
  • If I was this ref I'd be bricking it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Go Saudi Arabia.

not something you ever expected to say at the World Cup, right?

• The Saudis certainly like to pass it about
  • Great start to the game.

People are going to be surprised about the Saudi’s.. they’re all very quick and direct, they may well do well, don’t be surprised if they actually do qualify. I wouldn’t be because no one knows about them, but Asian experts have said they will surprise people and do well.
  • did... did I just hear a Stalin reference....? That's a bit like referencing Hitler when Germany play ain't it!?
  • The Saudis certainly like to pass it about

They also have their Ben Reeves who does little circles and takes the steam out of his own team's attacking move.

They look fun but a tad naive.

• only taken 8 minutes into the world cup for Stalin's name to be mentioned.
  • Golovin is the most talented player on this pitch, will be in a top league soon.
  • Well, there we have it.
  • Still think Saudi will surprise people, but either way it’s a great start to the World Cup, enjoying this.
  • The Saudi defence is awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Saudi defence is awful.

Yeah will expect that with a few lesser Nations, they'll love to attack yet leave a ton of space at the back
  • Always good for the tournament for the host team to do well
  • VAR being ignored in favour of Russia already
  • Cant help but feel if that had been a russian defender going down in the box that would have been a free kick
  • Crown Prince / nearly Charlton owner with Putin there.
  • Jesus how offside was that! One fecking job Lino.
  • Was it a push on the defender? Not sure...
  • did... did I just hear a Stalin reference....? That's a bit like referencing Hitler when Germany play ain't it!?

not really in Moscow there are many statues of him aren't there? not as if theres a load of adolf dotted around germany?
  • 1StevieG said:

Jesus how offside was that! One fecking job Lino.

Just be glad there are no English refs at the tournament... apparently they're the worst in the world!!