Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• Are we sure he wasnt just shot by a sniper?
  • SDAddick said:

Sounds like you lot have had a Stalin reference. Over here, the match commentator referred to Spain as having "Whacked" their manager, which begs the question, has anyone seen Lopetegui alive since he was fired?

well Madrid did give him an offer he couldn't refuse....
  • Tough injury for the Russia no 9, wouldn't wish that on anyone, game like this.

A tidy player too, Dzagoev. At one point he looked a very promising young player and just never really fulfilled his potential.
  • If Tunisia are like Saudi then England will have no problem. Dreadful team.
  • Daddy_Pig said:

If Tunisia are like Saudi then England will have no problem. Dreadful team.

These two are the worst at the World Cup those and in the 60s for FIFA Ranking

Tunisia are 21st in the World whilst we're 12th...
  • Unconventionally low key opening ceremony I thought. Wonder why
  • The Saudis certainly like to pass it about

They seem to overpass whenever they get a chance to attack.

Doesn't help that they all have a first touch worse than Jason Euell on a bad day either.
  • Christ how did Russia score from that!!

Both sides were all over the place there - Uruguay and Suarez will tear them both a new one!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Saudi's are woeful
  • Almost put Cheryshev in my fantasy team too, just didn't think he would start.

That was...not a pretty build up to the goal.
  • Quality little flick to beat the defenders
  • Game over. Well taken but comic defending.
  • So are the Russians good or the Germans bad?
  • Christ how did Russia score from that!!

Both sides were all over the place there - Uruguay and Suarez will tear them both a new one!!

It's why I have Suarez in both of my fantasy teams and why he must be worth a punt for top scorer.
  • Saudi Arabia are terrible
  • Has Roland sold the club yet? ... Sorry wrong thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice touch on ITV, having a ref (Clatenberg) analysing some of the decisions
  • Nice touch on ITV, having a ref (Clatenberg) analysing some of the decisions

BT sport do it all the time - it's good to get a ref perspective
  • SDAddick said:

Sounds like you lot have had a Stalin reference. Over here, the match commentator referred to Spain as having "Whacked" their manager, which begs the question, has anyone seen Lopetegui alive since he was fired?

VPN tunnel packed in at KO, watching Fox on a stream. That made me laugh too... Who is commentating with Meola, SD?

• SDAddick said:

VPN tunnel packed in at KO, watching Fox on a stream. That made me laugh too... Who is commentating with Meola, SD?

Someone called JP Dellacamera. He's just a run of the mill play-by-play guy. He's done soccer for forever and to be fair to him he's not awful, he's fine, there are much worse.
  • Is this the only game of the day
  • edited June 2018

Is this the only game of the day

Yeah
  • How many times have you giggled at the name Zhirkov? I'm at two so far.
  • Love the Stadium Announcer too

Have the feeling thats the sound of his voice and that he's not using a mic when speaking