Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Chunes said:
    bobmunro said:
    Chunes said:
    bobmunro said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Some of those comments don't really reek of a takeover being imminent.
    But it won't be Lee who announces the takeover.
    Don't think that's what he meant. LB will know if the takeover is going to be tomorrow. He's either very good or hasn't been told anything. 
    I know what he meant - my point is that he would not want to steal the show.

Lee is both very good at that sort of thing, surprisingly politically astute, and he will know some but not all.
    Don't think anyone was expecting him to announce the takeover. 
    You're missing the point - I wasn't dismissing Lee making the announcement, merely that he would not want to give too much away - even if he knows everything.
    He certainly succeeded in not giving too much away!
  • Options
    Maybe Lynch or another centre back has been training with the 1st team so is ready to play on Saturday if the embargo is lifted tomorrow morning and we can sign him before the deadline (1pm?).

I hope so as otherwise it's daft why we didn't bring in a defender this week instead of a midfielder
    Unless Bowyer was confident we could get through Saturday ok and we’d have lost Levitt if we’d waited any longer. Last weekend proved that as a squad we have enough to get through a game at league one level. Just not a season. He knows it’s going through or else we’d have signed Lynch yesterday.
  • Options
    I’d dread to think where we would be without Bowyer 
    Same here. We certainly need to sing his name loud and clear when we are finally allowed back to The Valley. I for one would be willing to sing it all game long.
  • Options
    4 shoe ins and 2 maybes 

wonder who they are 
  • Options
    Listening to Bowyer on CharltonLive, he sounds very hesitant with his answers - Quite a few long pauses, sounds the sort of man who is trying to be careful to say the right thing 
  • Options
    Should be a barrell of laughs today!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He should go off with stress.
  • Options
    Won't happen, but Lee needs to come out and lay it all on the table. That he can't strengthen, that the club can't compete because PE is holding the club to ransom and the EFL are allowing it. Tell the world that a new owner is waiting to buy us and that he has however many signings waiting to go, and because of the actions of PE, and the lack of action from the EFL, those signings are all at risk.

At this stage he has nothing to lose. 
    He'd be very unlikely to lose his job doing that as well, as who with the authority to give him his marching orders actually disagrees with that opinion 
  • Options
    It's only a risk if a) he doesn't walk if the TS takeover falls through and b) PE actually buys the club and operates it as a football club rather than dismantling it.

I hope (a) doesn't happen (both that TS does take over and that Lee wouldn't walk if he didn't) and we all know (b) is never going to happen. Therefore there is no way anybody can "punish" Lee for saying whatever he likes.
  • Options
    Won't happen, but Lee needs to come out and lay it all on the table. That he can't strengthen, that the club can't compete because PE is holding the club to ransom and the EFL are allowing it. Tell the world that a new owner is waiting to buy us and that he has however many signings waiting to go, and because of the actions of PE, and the lack of action from the EFL, those signings are all at risk.

Agree. 
  • Options

I 100% agree. He should have done something similar in January when he knew about the embargo. He didnt so I doubt he'd do anything now.
  • Options

I 100% agree. He should have done something similar in January when he knew about the embargo. He didnt so I doubt he'd do anything now.
    Difference in January was it was a believable story that the money was coming and tests would be passed. So Lee saying anything would have undermined his position. MS/TN were the owners and would have been convincing that it was all just an admin mistake.

Difference now is PE is not the owner and we all know he's a conman.
  • Options
    Lee not talking today?.
  • Options
    Lee not talking today?.
    Spoke yesterday morning I think going by Rich Cawley's tweets
  • Options

If LB came out and said this we might even get a thirty second slot on SSN.

In between the important stuff about Gareth Bale and some other ultra important PREMIER LEAGUE issue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I bloody love LB - absolute hero.
  • Options
    Despite the court case, the embargo still in place and unable to strengthen the side for tomorrow's game ...... no throwing his toys out of the pram from Lee there, is there?

Seems to be completely unfazed by yesterday's events.
    What does he know, that we don't? :wink:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Despite the court case, the embargo still in place and unable to strengthen the side for tomorrow's game ...... no throwing his toys out of the pram from Lee there, is there?

Yeah, in a way its kinda made me feel a little hopeful. 

Its probably for nothing, and I expect its as Bowyer says he needs to be positive around the team. That's just good player management. 

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Oggy Red said:

He just wants the team to take on his positivity ... looking down would not help the players. 

Lee knows all about motivation  :)
    Very good point, we saw that from the dressing room clips after the Wembley win
  • Options
    Just seeing his cheeky smile has cheered me right up.
    I bloody love him ❤️