Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options
    What has happened to 'Little Smyth', not mentioned here.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Southbank said:
    What has happened to 'Little Smyth', not mentioned here.
    Need the cut the heal and the stitches to come out before he can rejoin training and be available. The worry would be for the cut to reopen and we are back to square one again. Where it's on his knee, any kind of knock, scrape, twist or turn could pull the stitches open and he is out for a further month. 
    Happened to me before and then eventually invested in some of that second skin cover which the Rugby boys use and it fixed the problem
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good to hear Jake getting praise as he has been our consistently best midfielder recently. Still think it was mad people were calling for him to be sold in this transfer window.

Is Henry a midfielder? 
    The thing is with Jake he has benifited with other players being injured so he has had to play a run of games - which has meant it has really starting clicking for him the last couple.

If we had a fully fit squad, with no suspensions then Bowyer would never have given him that chance because he would have been in and out of the team - whether because that's because of a poor game, or a tactical change. 

That's why I would like to see a Williams, or Maddison (when fit) given a run of 5 or so games in the same sort of position. 
    A very good point.
  • Options
    I've always liked JFC BUT we can't afford to have so many players who need their game time nursing like this, the likes of JFC, Williams, Chuks
  • Options
    I've always liked JFC BUT we can't afford to have so many players who need their game time nursing like this, the likes of JFC, Williams, Chuks
    Does JFC need his game time nursing now?

He's probably one of the biggest benefactors of the equipment that Sandgaard has brought into the club - Didnt TS say that we've purchased something that can detect Hamstring Injuries a lot quicker and easier now so should be able to cut those out - Which for Jake has been the sole issue since his ACL
  • Options
    Didn't Watson have a hamstring injury? I presume the equipment will help prevent muscle injuries but we will still get some.
  • Options
    Didn't Watson have a hamstring injury? I presume the equipment will help prevent muscle injuries but we will still get some.
    Yeah unfortunately I'd be surprised if that tech was ever possible
  • Options
    That final two tweets were references to Gilbey without the name calling.

Shame Vennings is not around. His injury has not been asked about? That should have been asked once Henry to the first team squad was mentioned. 
  • Options
    What was interesting was the Shinnie injury. He felt a tightness and he played with it. I presume he wasn't tested with the equipment.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    That final two tweets were references to Gilbey without the name calling.

Shame Vennings is not around. His injury has not been asked about? That should have been asked once Henry to the first team squad was mentioned. 
    Hate to say it but I also wonder if Bowyer is quietly talking about Maddison jumping out the way again

I hope its Gilbey he's referring to though

Vennings would definitely be playing at the moment given Henry's involvement which must be frustrating for him; @LouisMend would you be able to ask or do you know the extent of his problems at all?
  • Options
    Injuries are a fact of life. I think you have to be really careful with a 19 year old.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Asked Benjy who he thought Bowyer was referring to when he talked about wasting opportunities

• Options
    Good to hear Jake getting praise as he has been our consistently best midfielder recently. Still think it was mad people were calling for him to be sold in this transfer window.

Is Henry a midfielder? 
    Long time fan, runs the museum, lover of cardigans. Can't comment on primary position on the field.
    Given his stature I'd say either CF or CB 😉.
  • Options

Is Henry a midfielder? 
    Long time fan, runs the museum, lover of cardigans. Can't comment on primary position on the field.
    Hopefully left back........

In the changing room.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Is Henry a midfielder? 

In the changing room.
    Hope not.. Half of it will be snuck into the Museum if so ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    It's obvious why he's pissed off at times, but this really shows the injury issues we have had so far this season:

Famewo and Shinnie in amber as due to return soon. Maddison date updated on the sheet to 2021!
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Is Henry a midfielder? 

In the changing room.
    Actually, he doesn’t seem to be posting much lately?
  • Options
    What position does Henry play? 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    What position does Henry play? 
    Defensive Midfielder
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's obvious why he's pissed off at times, but this really shows the injury issues we have had so far this season:

Famewo and Shinnie in amber as due to return soon. Maddison date updated on the sheet to 2021!
    We've definitely Charltonised Maddison when you look at his fitness record at Posh!

Being picky, Morgan was self isolating rather than ill, a very 2020/21 absence!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I think the knock, and two sprains are all linked. Potentially an ongoing problem there. Being without the medical expertise over summer and playing with non-league sides to keep fit can't have helped.