Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    Really hate the way all this is hidden behind a "paywall". 

So, some two bob hack from the Pompey Gazette can hear what our manager has to say but I have to pay for the privilege. 

It is not hidden behind a paywall, the interview is available to Valley Pass subscribers who are entitled to exclusive interviews & behind the scenes coverage as part of their subscription.
    The interview is also available to people who have paid for a stream for the match against Portsmouth, probably to encourage people to buy match passes from the club instead of using illegal means to watch live matches.
    So......is it free or not...?
  • Options
    clive said:

So, some two bob hack from the Pompey Gazette can hear what our manager has to say but I have to pay for the privilege. 

It is not hidden behind a paywall, the interview is available to Valley Pass subscribers who are entitled to exclusive interviews & behind the scenes coverage as part of their subscription.
    The interview is also available to people who have paid for a stream for the match against Portsmouth, probably to encourage people to buy match passes from the club instead of using illegal means to watch live matches.
    It is free for match pass holders.
  • Options
    SamE7 said:
    clive said:

Just buy the stream for the weekend and stop whinging 
    And to be honest I can't say I'm bothered if I actually see Bowyer speaking or just read what he's said afterwards!
  • Options
    clive said:
    clive said:

It is free for match pass holders.
    And how many of those do you think there are ..?

3k   ?? 4k max  ?

Not representative of the fan base as a whole.

• Options
    SamE7 said:
    clive said:

Why would I want to spend £10 just to hear LB speak for 3 mins. 

• Options
    It would be interesting to see how many buy the passes to watch the games live and how many are quite happy to read the matchday thread that so many contribute to
  • Options
    SamE7 said:
    clive said:

Because it isnt just £10 to hear Bowyer talk... You're also getting a full game of football thrown in too
  • Options

Fair enough some people don't watch much football on TV they prefer going, I know a few season ticket holders that have very little interest in watching any football on TV. 
    But if you are interested, a tenner is not much to pay and watch at home in the current climate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fair enough some people don't watch much football on TV they prefer going, I know a few season ticket holders that have very little interest in watching any football on TV. 
    But if you are interested, a tenner is not much to pay and watch at home in the current climate.
    46 X 10 = 460 quid for a season. Yes you can buy a season pass for 195 quid but some of us are not working right now and that's a lot to pay. I'll pick an choose my games
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    SamE7 said:
    clive said:

So pay £6.50 a month and hear what he has to say every game...
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

46 X 10 = 460 quid for a season. Yes you can buy a season pass for 195 quid but some of us are not working right now and that's a lot to pay. I'll pick an choose my games
    True and understand the way i wrote that sounds harsh so apologies. I was more replying to the moaning about a tenner is not worth the money certainly was not aimed at those that cannot afford it at present 
  • Options
    The Charlton Manager also praised Gillingham boss Steve Evans. He said: “Steve is definitely a character, he is very vocal on the sidelines, him and his assistant; but I like Steve. I get on with Steve. I have that mutual respect with everyone that is in the opposite dugout and Steve is no different.

Love this comment from LB about Steve Evans. 
    I was fortunate enough to be sat behind the dugouts when we played Peterborough a few years back.
    Not sure the respect was there when Bowyer shouted at the 4th official about Evans,“Get a f****** grip, what are you letting that fat c*** ref the game?”

Maybe a newly found respect!?
    It’s just a bit of harmless banter........don’t ya know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:
    The Charlton Manager also praised Gillingham boss Steve Evans. He said: “Steve is definitely a character, he is very vocal on the sidelines, him and his assistant; but I like Steve. I get on with Steve. I have that mutual respect with everyone that is in the opposite dugout and Steve is no different.

I was fortunate enough to be sat behind the dugouts when we played Peterborough a few years back.
    Not sure the respect was there when Bowyer shouted at the 4th official about Evans,“Get a f****** grip, what are you letting that fat c*** ref the game?”

Must be

Sound like besties!
  • Options

It’s just a bit of harmless banter........don’t ya know.

• Options
    Valley Pass subscribers and supporters who have purchased a match pass for Gillingham can watch Bowyer's full press conference.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5fb6a5687bcd4/bowyer-on-saturdays-game-against-gillingham-steve-evans-international-break-and-injuries
  • Options
    "Bigg geeza standing on the sideline shaaaaaating!"

Go there Bows. Nice outfit too.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    It's always the managers decision and we have to respect his point of view regarding Barker. Other than Joe Gomez and I believe Konsa, we haven't played a 17year old Centre back very often.
    Norwood getting injured was unfortunate for them but a lucky break for our stand in CB's against Ipswich. 

My only gripe with Lee was when Oshilaja played LB not only against Hull who had a Left sided guy on the right so no problem. but he kept the position for another two games when the opposition had right sided  attacking players and he got caught out by giving a penalty away. 

That was last season and with Maatsen and Purrington or even Maddison who played a few game at LB for Posh we should be fine over the coming months.

• Options
    Why has there been no upload of the press conference this week to VP?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    It's finally been uploaded (valley pass only).

Not sure why it took so long, it's not even edited.