Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    The only positive I can think of at this point is no games have been played yet. Lyle could still change his mind if he has enough worthwhile conversations with Bowyer and other players about it. He will possibly be made aware that us failing to stay up might scupper our chances of a takeover and he could be made to see that there's bigger things at stake than him worrying about an injury that may never come. What's more likely to happen though is that he'll get a load of abuse on social media and that will help him decide that he's making the right choice. Or maybe he'll start a revolution at other clubs and Hull will only be able to put out a youth team against us. We can dream.
  • Options
     I stated earlier that I thought Lyle was not honourable but in retrospect he is as he is openly saying that he can't give 100% and that is honest. I still think he is wrong and as he is under contract, which he freely signed, he should honour that contract with 100% effort.
  • Options
    Think the club is missing a trick. He should be called in but but allowed to train get him to do other jobs round the club. As at least that would disrupt his train routine. I do complety get his stance though as we all would do it. Also I would publicly mention the club if they are in the same division as us as surely that's a breach of fair competition 
    This. If it wasn't for Covid-19 I'd be getting him to clean the boots, washing the kit & doing menial tasks around the club. Certainly wouldn't have him in training. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    My word, football is an absolute cesspit. 
    Why the fuck do we bother.
    I have been asking myself this a lot since 2014.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty sure this is the same bloke who said Taylor wouldn’t be playing again last night? 

• Options
    Off_it said:
    LOL, this thread is priceless. 

You could see this coming a mile off, so I don't know why anyone is particularly surprised because I'm certainly not. You only have to listen to him being interviewed to know that this is just a career for him and he wants to make the best decision for himself, regardless of what others may think.

That's his right, of course, as is it the right of others to agree or disagree with his decisions. 

But he's not a "club legend", far from it, but equally he's not a "sewer rat". He's just another player and one that is on his way out the door. 

One thing is certain though. We are a weaker team without a fit and hungry Lyle Taylor. Even Lyle Taylor at 80% probably adds to the team. But a disinterested Lyle Taylor at 50-70% is probably just not worth having. 

See ya. 

Agree he is not a club legend and certainly now not a "professional" in my mind.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    She certainly gets my spot on .......
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Don't necessarily agree with that.

Lyle Taylor isn't getting a big money move because of Charlton, he's getting a move because Lyle Taylor has performed consistently well over the past few seasons in every league he's played in from league 2 upwards.

The irony of course is that Natalie Sawyer is a Brentford fan so may well be cheering him on in a few months.
  • Options
    Not hugely surprised by this given Taylor's approach to contracts in the past and his preference for going free agent.  All the same, it's extremely disappointing that when the chips are down and Charlton are in the relegation places, he just thinks about himself and the team can go hang.  I wouldn't want to sit next to someone like that in a changing room and I wouldn't have his back out on the pitch either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes it’s happened lots of times before and will happen innumerable times in the future but it still hurts us fans. I always say it every time it happens but if they want out then good luck and close the door on the way out. You won’t be that missed. 
  • Options
    Just caught up on the news.  Well, that's us fucked then!
  • Options
    Not going to over the top but very disappointing. He should at least play to the end of his contract ie the games up to and including the 30th of June. In any profession you give your best to the end no matter what the next job and how attractive it is. You can get injured at anytime could have happened in April or March. Respect the contract.
    Respect is a two way street.

Taylor could have said that he had a back injury but didn't. Given the amount of abuse as a result of the Club suggesting that he had refused to sign an improved contract I'm not all together surprised by his stance.

Southall turned fans against him and Bowyer (who let us not forget happily signed a new contract) did not tell us the actual situation either with regards to Taylor or the embargo.

Don't pay him from the time he stops playing for us. They might well be only one or two games.
    But the definition of professionalism is to do the job even when it’s not all sunshine and rainbows. I don’t need him to paint a rose tinted spectacles view of the club or us as supporters. (though personally I think it helps). I just need him to give his best to the very end. Then il wish him all the very very best.
  • Options
    Sorry never felt he was a legend. Out for himself and no empathy for us and just looking for his next contract.
  • Options
     Bowyer interview starts at about  16.50 minutes https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1591002000/1591003800/