Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Put yourself in his shoes. He was head and shoulders above most in our squad. RD offered him a new contract, not sure how much but say 10k a week. New arab owner comes in and offers 5k. CEO tells lies and calls him out. Then a host of clubs come calling offering him more money than he's ever seen in his life. What would you do? He always gave his all for us, you can't ask for more than that...
    can't argue with any of that......however I'd honour the contract I did sign
    Of course you would. 
  • Options
    Well according to his twatter he is still a professional footballer with CAFC !!!
  • Options
    Agree with redhenry but unfortunately for Lyle Taylor the footballing word has changed and don't think there be so many clubs that can afford his wage demands now I also believe if he had agreed to finish the season with us his value would have gone up and he would have been ready for next season 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Put yourself in his shoes. He was head and shoulders above most in our squad. RD offered him a new contract, not sure how much but say 10k a week. New arab owner comes in and offers 5k. CEO tells lies and calls him out. Then a host of clubs come calling offering him more money than he's ever seen in his life. What would you do? He always gave his all for us, you can't ask for more than that...
    I would play out the rest of my initial contract, so 3 more games and leave with my head held high and the respect of the fans
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I would play out the rest of my initial contract, so 3 more games and leave with my head held high and the respect of the fans
    He's still have received stick, just less I guess. 
  • Options
    Never understand 'fans' giving stick to players who have done really well for us and then move on up the football food chain.  That's just how football works.  If they gave their all for us in a red shirt, that's good enough for me.

Besides, if you look at it selfishly; what is the point in motivating an ex-player to play out of his skin against us by giving him stick?  We all know how well players can play against former clubs when they feel they have been wronged in some way by them.  Giving stick to KAG was out of order as well as a stupid thing to do as it motivated him considerably. So why do it - unless you are as thick as pig shit that is!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well according to his twatter he is still a professional footballer with CAFC !!!
    I thought it was the move of a lifetime he had lined up? Instead he has joined Crewe Alexandra. Proper Charlton though, going to the Railwaymen. Gone back up in my estimation. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Redhenry said:
    I completely understand the frustration he must have felt, and I understand he has to look out for himself and his long term financial wealth. If I was him, the moment my contract was over, I would be joining the club which offer me the most amount of money, I do not care about loyalty or what the fans think. Especially when Bob who sits in the covered end probably messes about in his own job, pulls sickies, and does not pull his weight.  

However that is no excuse to not turn up to work and finish your contract off. Indeed, the worst part of him not wanting to 'risk injuring' himself is that he has let down his team mates, some (Phillips, Lockyer, Pearce and Cullen) who have battled every minute on the pitch for us for these last three games. They are out there risking injury to themselves because they are contracted to do, and because they want to do.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Redhenry said:
    I don't think anyone begrudges him deciding to leave. The manner in which he has done so, along with Solly, is utterly disgraceful though.

Neither should be welcome back at The Valley and that is down to them, not our owners.
    Spot on. If you start something, you should finish it.  Those games he should have played we have done pretty well, however he's still a knob for not seeing out those 3 fixtures. Even if the results had been the same, the goal difference could have been larger with Lyle in place of Hemed or Bonne. 
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:
    Redhenry said:

All I expected from Taylor was for him to honour his contract and be available for 3 more games. That would have been the decent thing to do.
    Definitely the decent thing to do and the least he could have done.  Fortunately we managed alright without him for those 3 games. He’s yesterday’s news now. 
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:
    Redhenry said:
    All I expected from Taylor was for him to honour his contract and be available for 3 more games. That would have been the decent thing to do.
    Definitely the decent thing to do and the least he could have done.  Fortunately we managed alright without him for those 3 games. He’s yesterday’s news now. 
    Chip shop paper now. 
  • Options
    have solly or taylor put anything on social media channels apart departures? suprised at solly 
  • Options
    This apperaed on the BBC 4 hours ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53264710
  • Options
    Lyles never going to play for us again, get over it.
    Best thing to do is dont get taken in by players.
    Hardly any of them are loyal, there not like you or me who will be here till death.
    Lyle always said if a better chance came along he would be off like a shot.
    His in the past now and we move on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Im with @paulie8290 on this. He was always going to leave, if he did the honourable thing and served out his notice and played, I would have wished him well. He might have made the difference against cardiff and he would have left with us nearly safe
  • Options
    Soon as we find out where he has gone close the thread.....dead to us
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Im with @paulie8290 on this. He was always going to leave, if he did the honourable thing and served out his notice and played, I would have wished him well. He might have made the difference against cardiff and he would have left with us nearly safe
    I agree, and would have done the same. But not all fans would have. If Taylor had seen out his contract, we would have had him for 3 matches but if he had refused to extend his deal by a month like others have done, than he would still have missed our last 6 and therefore still received stick. A lot of that being frustration no doubt, nobody wants their best striker to miss their most important matches of the season. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I agree, and would have done the same. But not all fans would have. If Taylor had seen out his contract, we would have had him for 3 matches but if he had refused to extend his deal by a month like others have done, than he would still have missed our last 6 and therefore still received stick. A lot of that being frustration no doubt, nobody wants their best striker to miss their most important matches of the season. 
    Personally I feel that the PL/EFL/FA/PFA etc should have agreed that ALL players with expiring contracts in the EFL and Championship would have their contracts extended to the new end of the season (including unwanted ones), and that players would be expected by the PFA to honour them. Unique circumstances need unique solutions

Thus Lyle and Solly would be expected to play on, but also that the likes of Toby Stevenson would get an extra month's salary as well, thus benefiting the PFA's less well paid members. 

It's possible that a half arsed Lyle saving himself for his next move wouldn't be worth picking anyway, but that should be Bowyer's decision to make, not Lyle's.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Personally I feel that the PL/EFL/FA/PFA etc should have agreed that ALL players with expiring contracts in the EFL and Championship would have their contracts extended to the new end of the season (including unwanted ones), and that players would be expected by the PFA to honour them. Unique circumstances need unique solutions

Thus Lyle and Solly would be expected to play on, but also that the likes of Toby Stevenson would get an extra month's salary as well, thus benefiting the PFA's less well paid members. 

It's possible that a half arsed Lyle saving himself for his next move wouldn't be worth picking anyway, but that should be Bowyer's decision to make, not Lyle's.
    Such a difficult one though. How can you force players to extend contracts with their employers. If I handed in my notice I certainly wouldn't let my employer tell me I had to work another month before leaving. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

This. Especially the first paragraph. As a Union the PFA have been remarkably quiet on all this. Shameful. 
  • Options
    Definitely poor form on Taylor’s part. He should have honoured the terms of his contract and played if Bowyer wanted him to play.