Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    I think it’s evident that Taylor’s attitude and refusal to play relegated us.

Its also quite clear that Taylor is probably a narcissist, from his arrogant stance after scoring or his penalty walk up. To his ridiculous haircut, to dying it pink and pretending it’s about a family member who had cancer.

The family member may have had cancer but it had nothing to do with that, rather, more self publicity for Taylor!
    You’ve turned a 10/10 post into a 5/10 post. The cancer comment went to far.
  • Options

Its also quite clear that Taylor is probably a narcissist, from his arrogant stance after scoring or his penalty walk up. To his ridiculous haircut, to dying it pink and pretending it’s about a family member who had cancer.

The family member may have had cancer but it had nothing to do with that, rather, more self publicity for Taylor!
    Mmmmmm......I think one or two comments there are a bit OTT to be fair.
    Not that I am defending his outrageous actions in any way shape or form.
  • Options
    I hope any potential suitors ring Bowyer up for a reference. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Yeah he is arrogant - no question.  The cancer comment Is shitty though and not needed. 

Now that Taylor’s character has been exposed by his selfish behaviour (think Cullen and Field) towards the club, management, teammates and us supporters, who he has totally shat on and effectively relegated our club and the inevitable fallout from that for everyone connected with our club! 

I feel I’m perfectly within my right to challenge his real motivation in his supposed support for cancer awareness? 

Is he really doing that or just feeding his own ego? He certainly comes across as a two faced snake in the grass.

Just think of those who currently own or don’t own our club, isn’t Elliott pretending he feels our pain and aren’t we all saying what a load of BOLLOX!

Taylor’s behaviour has led me to think he cares about no one but himself.

Just unsaddle and get off your high horses.

I repeat, I’m not knocking anyone raising awareness for cancer or any other worthy cause, I’m simply raising questions about Taylor’s true motivation, as horrendous as that may be to some of you!

• Options
    My best guess for the delay is because clubs like Bournemouth (only just relegated), Bristol City (no manager currently), and the 4 play off sides are potentially interested and both the clubs and him are waiting to see what happens next.
    This. Not that I care where he goes, but I think it will be a team coming down from he Prem or one in the play offs. My money is one either Brentford or Fulham. 
  • Options

Yeah he is arrogant - no question.  The cancer comment Is shitty though and not needed. 

Now that Taylor’s character has been exposed by his selfish behaviour (think Cullen and Field) towards the club, management, teammates and us supporters, who he has totally shat on and effectively relegated our club and the inevitable fallout from that for everyone connected with our club! 

I feel I’m perfectly within my right to challenge his real motivation in his supposed support for cancer awareness? 

Is he really doing that or just feeding his own ego? He certainly comes across as a two faced snake in the grass.

Just think of those who currently own or don’t own our club, isn’t Elliott pretending he feels our pain and aren’t we all saying what a load of BOLLOX!

Taylor’s behaviour has led me to think he cares about no one but himself.

Just unsaddle and get off your high horses.

I repeat, I’m not knocking anyone raising awareness for cancer or any other worthy cause, I’m simply raising questions about Taylor’s true motivation, as horrendous as that may be to some of you!

You are quite right, Taylor did shite on the Club, nobody is questioning that. Personally I don’t mind a bit of arrogance from a player on the pitch - you have to be able to back that up and Taylor can. The way he went about things by refusing to play is unforgivable. 

But that has got nothing to do with his Cancer. If Taylor dying his hair pink and saying “look at me” raises money for Cancer awareness then good for him. The cancer thing is clearly something that is close to Taylor’s heart so questioning his motivation behind it is a cheap shot.

You have an opinion, and that’s fair enough, but bringing Cancer In to it is just wrong and something you didn’t need to do...I’ll just unsaddle myself from my high horse now.....
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    You have an opinion, and that’s fair enough, but bringing Cancer In to it is just wrong and something you didn’t need to do...I’ll just unsaddle myself from my high horse now.....

So not only do we have the Grammar Police, we also have the Moral Crusaders!

What can’t talk about Cancer and people’s motives?

Until Taylor’s turncoat behaviour, I thought he was a thoroughly decent chap, clearly he’s not and I was wrong.

There have been many who claim to be saviours but turn out to be rogue traders. Look no further than those who rode into The Valley on their pure white stallions and shinny armour professing to be the second coming and we all know how that’s turned out.

I personally have a lot of wonderful Nigerian Generals who keep emailing me and saying they’ve selected me as morally upright citizen and would like to deposit millions into my bank account.

I’m also grateful to the guy from the Inland Revenue who tipped me off yesterday that there’s a fraud investigation against me and thankfully I can now scarper before I’m arrested.

The cancer thing is clearly something that is close to Taylor’s heart so questioning his motivation behind it is a cheap shot.

How do you know this? Just because he said so? 

As I said until his turncoat behaviour I would have believed him too but now I don’t and question his motives and the publicity machine that he runs.

Perhaps you shouldn’t take everything he says at face value and consider whether your being naive?

• Options

Until Taylor’s turncoat behaviour, I thought he was a thoroughly decent chap, clearly he’s not and I was wrong.

There have been many who claim to be saviours but turn out to be rogue traders. Look no further than those who rode into The Valley on their pure white stallions and shinny armour professing to be the second coming and we all know how that’s turned out.

I personally have a lot of wonderful Nigerian Generals who keep emailing me and saying they’ve selected me as morally upright citizen and would like to deposit millions into my bank account.

I’m also grateful to the guy from the Inland Revenue who tipped me off yesterday that there’s a fraud investigation against me and thankfully I can now scarper before I’m arrested.

The cancer thing is clearly something that is close to Taylor’s heart so questioning his motivation behind it is a cheap shot.

As I said until his turncoat behaviour I would have believed him too but now I don’t and question his motives and the publicity machine that he runs.

Perhaps you shouldn’t take everything he says at face value and consider whether your being naive?

Reminds me of Smashy and Nicey talking about 'charidee'. 
    https://youtu.be/JAIWTLal9e4
  • Options
    So Taylor signs for whomever on, say £20K a week.  Starts first 5-6 games on fire.  Then a second winter wave of Covid appears and he goes on strike for a few months, when he decides he is ready to come back in say April time he is not quite fit, stubs his toe and is out for the rest of the season.

He will be a rich man but I reckon the above is likely and his actual football playing career is likely over.
  • Options

I wish I hadn’t bothered commenting.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So Taylor signs for whomever on, say £20K a week.  Starts first 5-6 games on fire.  Then a second winter wave of Covid appears and he goes on strike for a few months, when he decides he is ready to come back in say April time he is not quite fit, stubs his toe and is out for the rest of the season.

He will be a rich man but I reckon the above is likely and his actual football playing career is likely over.
    Perfect......................for someone who doesn't like football.
  • Options
    Goes on international duty, gets a paper cut on his finger and has 2 months rehab in Montserrat.
  • Options
    I can’t be the only one who thinks this whole “I don’t love football” stuff from Lyle is more nonsense?

I suspect it’s just another attention seeking statement that he knows will get people talking, as it’s seen as being different from the norm.

If you don’t love football then you don’t become an established professional, especially with the sort of quality he has. 

I suspect he may not love it from a ‘fans’ perspective, that’s all.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Either that or he’s a great actor 

By Jove I think you’ve got it!

He’s in the public eye, so when it suits him, he puts on that face.

I think he showed how Genuine he is by his behaviour towards the club and everyone associated with it.

Todds_right_hook said:
    Taylor stitched us up big time. He made a bad call and it was a nail in our coffin. I’ve met him and he did come across as genuine! To call him out and say he does the cancer thing for his own benefit is very harsh.

i hope Lyle fails wherever he ends up, I really do. I also hope he continues to support a charity that’s fighting against a bastard disease that took my mum when she was mid 50’s. She only met half her grandchildren and has missed so much of their lives

In terms of football, eat shit and choke Lyle! Charity, keep going Lyle!

I’m not sure you can put him in the Good Guy box after his behaviour towards us and everyone he’s left in the shitter, just because he does a bit of charidee! 

Where was his charidee towards the club, management, players and us supporters, absolutely nowhere to be seen?
  • Options
    Reckon it best to leave the charitable accusations to one side and focus on LT himself being a w***er, albeit a charitable w***er
  • Options
    edited July 2020

I think he showed how Genuine he is by his behaviour towards the club and everyone associated with it.

Todds_right_hook said:
    Taylor stitched us up big time. He made a bad call and it was a nail in our coffin. I’ve met him and he did come across as genuine! To call him out and say he does the cancer thing for his own benefit is very harsh.

i hope Lyle fails wherever he ends up, I really do. I also hope he continues to support a charity that’s fighting against a bastard disease that took my mum when she was mid 50’s. She only met half her grandchildren and has missed so much of their lives

I’m not sure you can put him in the Good Guy box after his behaviour towards us and everyone he’s left in the shitter, just because he does a bit of charidee! 

Where was his charidee towards the club, management, players and us supporters, absolutely nowhere to be seen?
    Give up now. You e made a stupid comment but are now digging deeper and deeper. 

Lyles on field and off field antics are completely different. He has treated us Charlton fans like c**ts but his cancer work deserves credit.
    Oh I’m terribly sorry, Mr I Am Right.

Don't also comment that my opinion is stupid, it may not be yours but it’s how I feel about the w@nker. I don’t believe I’ve criticised your words?

All the time you keep responding then I will continue to say he deserves no credit.

Whose digging who into a hole 🕳 you appear to be there right by my side with an even bigger shovel.

Don’t assume your opinion is the only correct one, there is always more than one truth depending on each other’s perspective!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Todds_right_hook said:

Give up now. You e made a stupid comment but are now digging deeper and deeper. 

Lyles on field and off field antics are completely different. He has treated us Charlton fans like c**ts but his cancer work deserves credit.
    Oh I’m terribly sorry, Mr I Am Right.

Don't also comment that my opinion is stupid, it may not be yours but it’s how I feel about the w@nker. I don’t believe I’ve criticised your words?

All the time you keep responding then I will continue to say he deserves no credit.

Whose digging who into a hole 🕳 you appear to be there right by my side with an even bigger shovel.

Don’t assume your opinion is the only correct one, there is always more than one truth depending on each other’s perspective!
    Bore off now. I’m stupidly arguing with an idiot. 

You are letting your football hatred for the guy blur your vision. I also hate him as a footballer.  But you questioned his motive as to why he does charitable work for cancer, which was a dick move by you! 

Lyle lost someone close to him to this bastard disease and I feel for him and can relate to his story.  3 or 4 others have all questioned  you on this and you act more and more of a dick in your responses.

im done responding to you now. You questioning someone’s charitable motives is actually pretty disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself

fin
    Now you’re resorting to defamation is that the only tactic you can use?

I don’t think 3 or 4 people are a consensus.

I presume you think Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris are good guys because of their charity work?

See you in a minute.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I can’t be the only one who thinks this whole “I don’t love football” stuff from Lyle is more nonsense?

I suspect it’s just another attention seeking statement that he knows will get people talking, as it’s seen as being different from the norm.

If you don’t love football then you don’t become an established professional, especially with the sort of quality he has. 

Not sure that's quite true. Danny Rose has admitted he doesn't particularly like football and he's played at the top level his whole career.
  • Options
    The charitable brain. Wordpress. Com
    Some interesting theories of why people give to charity.

• Options
    cafctom said:

Not sure that's quite true. Danny Rose has admitted he doesn't particularly like football and he's played at the top level his whole career.
    Because he has said it doesn’t mean it’s true.

There may be some components of the game he doesn’t like - which will be the same for anyone where it is your ‘job’, I imagine. 

But I still strongly feel that you must love it in some way to play at the top level. The amount of dedication and sacrifice it takes to being that good at football means you probably won’t get far without a passion for it.
  • Options
    The charitable brain. Wordpress. Com
    Some interesting theories of why people give to charity.

It’s obviously self promotion. Can’t be any other explanation. 
  • Options
    Sky reporting that Brentford are talking to Peterborough about Ivan Toney.

Cross them off your list Lyle. Looks like the pool is slowly shrinking.......
  • Options
    Sky reporting that Brentford are talking to Peterborough about Ivan Toney.

Cross them off your list Lyle. Looks like the pool is slowly shrinking.......
    Good move for him if it happens.