Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    Could throw him a long way from the top of the Shard.
  • Options
    Jude Bellingham came on as a sub for Birmingham, crossed the ball into the box for their equaliser against us, then flew to Germany the next day and his transfer to Dortmund was announced. That’s being a true professional.
    You are right of course, but the situations are fairly different.

Bellingham is a born and bred Birmingham fan, no way he wasn't going to play to help his club stay up.
    Taylor doesn't even like football, never mind caring about Charlton. 
    Bellingham also has another 20 years to earn his money from football. Lyle Taylor has one good contract left in him. 
    So Taylor only gets another couple of years, yet Bellingham gets til he's 37?

Taylor is likely to get into punditry once his playing career is over IMO. He's clearly a clever, but not very nice (to us) bloke. He'll still be making money from football long after most footballers, this in spite of his alleged lack of interest in the sport. 
  • Options
    Jude Bellingham came on as a sub for Birmingham, crossed the ball into the box for their equaliser against us, then flew to Germany the next day and his transfer to Dortmund was announced. That’s being a true professional.

Bellingham is a born and bred Birmingham fan, no way he wasn't going to play to help his club stay up.
    Bellingham also has another 20 years to earn his money from football. Lyle Taylor has one good contract left in him. 

Or Bellingham gets crocked and has his career finished before he's earned a wage and dream move to one of the best teams in the world.. depends how you look at it. 
  • Options
    Good ! Deserves all the negative Press 
  • Options
    Starting to think that if there was anyone genuinely interested with a deal that was worth him walking out on his contract, something more concrete would've been out there by now?

Don't agents usually come out with what's going on to stir up a bit more interest?
  • Options
    My best guess for the delay is because clubs like Bournemouth (only just relegated), Bristol City (no manager currently), and the 4 play off sides are potentially interested and both the clubs and him are waiting to see what happens next.
  • Options
    If it's going to be a top of the championship/lower premier league move, then there's still 4 teams in the play offs (almost said this league  :'( ) who don't know which league they'll be in. 

Would never happen in a million years but really hoping that our relegation at least makes a few more teams look hard at his attitude before taking a punt on him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you think of his age and the money he must be asking for, it may have only left a couple of managers who were ultimately willing to take the punt, but I'm talking about before he walked out.

Hoping there' still a tiny bit of morality still left in the game and his options are now even less
  • Options
    With injuries and Covid he's hardly played in the past 12 months. Hopefully that puts a few people off! 
  • Options
    Has he retired from international football yet?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Has he retired from international football yet?
    Lol, did the twat ever start.
  • Options
    His going rangers, with morelos going i think that's a cert
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Rangers have a (fairly difficult) league match in six days and I think the Sam Cosgrove deal is further along. Neither Cosgrove or Taylor would be a replacement for Morelos (they’d both probably have a similar scoring record against Celtic though!). 

FWIW - I don’t think Taylor is going to Rangers, but like @i_b_b_o_r_g I’m pretty surprised that he hasn’t announces his destination yet given his contract expired a few weeks ago. 
  • Options
    Attention seeker?
  • Options
    Well, what else will he reply with if asked "Where's your next move?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCDAZ said:

1) He’s not His.
    2) going to not going.
    3) Rangers not rangers,
    4) Morelos not morelos.
    5) I not i.
    6) Certainty not cert. 😤
    Six points picked out of a statement of 11 words
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:

1) He’s not His.
    2) going to not going.
    3) Rangers not rangers,
    4) Morelos not morelos.
    5) I not i.
    6) Certainty not cert. 😤
    You missed pointing out the lack of a full stop at the end of the sentence 😀.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

So Taylor only gets another couple of years, yet Bellingham gets til he's 37?

Taylor is likely to get into punditry once his playing career is over IMO. He's clearly a clever, but not very nice (to us) bloke. He'll still be making money from football long after most footballers, this in spite of his alleged lack of interest in the sport. 
    He thinks he's clever as he's smarter than the average footballer, but then that isn't a particularly high standard to begin with, so...

• Options
    He doesn't love the game but happens to be good at it...this tells you more about why there's no loyalty with him and there never will be....a proper word to describe him would be 'Mercenary' playing for the highest bidder. 
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:

1) He’s not His.
    2) going to not going.
    3) Rangers not rangers,
    4) Morelos not morelos.
    5) I not i.
    6) Certainty not cert. 😤
    certainty not Certainty :-)
  • Options
    His posturing on social media suggests he's either not very bright or incredibly arrogant? Despite pi**ing Charlton about he still seemed to expect sympathy?

His main love is himself!
  • Options
    I think it’s evident that Taylor’s attitude and refusal to play relegated us.

Its also quite clear that Taylor is probably a narcissist, from his arrogant stance after scoring or his penalty walk up. To his ridiculous haircut, to dying it pink and pretending it’s about a family member who had cancer.

The family member may have had cancer but it had nothing to do with that, rather, more self publicity for Taylor!
  • Options
    Some claim that, Mart. But can see what you're saying