Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    absolute prick for what he done - but i do think he is quite funny - loved him when he was with us for his attitude and winding up opposition
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    That's actually quite funny, but Lyle wouldn't get the irony of it all!!!! I inadvertently caught a bit of MOTDX on Friday night. Was shocked to see that Taylor was featured. It had nothing to do with football though, although he did witter on abt getting forest "back where they belong" etc. It was about his cancer fundraiser and dyeing his hair. Charlton got a mention as a boys team all dyed their hair pink a few years ago. They showed some good pics of the kids. Taylors gaff looks annoyingly plush. Out in the countryside and he had a couple of llamas in a field out back! Tosser.
    A step up from that dreary estate in Ebbsfleet where he used to live then
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    That's actually quite funny, but Lyle wouldn't get the irony of it all!!!! I inadvertently caught a bit of MOTDX on Friday night. Was shocked to see that Taylor was featured. It had nothing to do with football though, although he did witter on abt getting forest "back where they belong" etc. It was about his cancer fundraiser and dyeing his hair. Charlton got a mention as a boys team all dyed their hair pink a few years ago. They showed some good pics of the kids. Taylors gaff looks annoyingly plush. Out in the countryside and he had a couple of llamas in a field out back! Tosser.
    Ahhhhhh.....so that's where he gets his new Barnet ideas from........
    No its where they get their Barnet ideas from!
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Feature on Taylor, on the link below.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/59179247
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    A step up from that dreary estate in Ebbsfleet where he used to live then
    Unfortunately, yes.
  • Options
    Find him quite hard to listen to now. He really hid behind Covid for self-gain, not for "protecting" his future or family, as we would have given him a good contract offer, and so would have other teams. 

But I'm going around in circles again now. Where's the Bonne thread now ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    It’s annoying because he’s actually an intelligent bloke who can express an opinion and is one of the few footballers who can be interesting to listen to when talking.

And he’s also a very good footballer on his day.

But I don’t think even Scott Parker will be looked upon as disappointingly as Taylor after what happened. 

There’s a very good chance we would still be a Championship club had he not done what he did. 
    Is he though?  I mean I’m not saying he’s stupid, but intelligent?  I think he’s just loud and outspoken in most cases.  And throws a few big words in here and there.

That aside, I can’t help but laugh at the antics with the Preston player.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    cafctom said:
    It’s annoying because he’s actually an intelligent bloke who can express an opinion and is one of the few footballers who can be interesting to listen to when talking.

But I don’t think even Scott Parker will be looked upon as disappointingly as Taylor after what happened. 

There’s a very good chance we would still be a Championship club had he not done what he did. 
    Is he though?  I mean I’m not saying he’s stupid, but intelligent?  I think he’s just loud and outspoken in most cases.  And throws a few big words in here and there.

I do think he is intelligent. But that doesn’t mean I agree with the decisions he made regarding the way he left us - because I am a fan.

A footballer may look at what he did and say “He was pretty brave, but look where he is from a monetary perspective now”

He is well spoken, delivers his point well and is thoughtful in the way he communicates. Doesn’t necessarily mean I agree with him all the time or that all his decisions are correct. 

Actually, before he downed tools on us I used to enjoy his interviews as he was one of the very few really insightful and interesting characters who could speak well. I’m sure many of us thought the same. 
  • Options
    For some reason my Facebook page today had a 4 minute video after we had beaten Luton 3-1 in April 2019 enroute to the play offs.

Great atmosphere, he was applauding the covered end as we sang his name, whilst walking off to do the tunnel jump. I bloody loved him whilst he was here. Really thought he got what playing for us meant. 

So sad how it ended. 

He probably did feel a genuine attachment to the club, but actions speak louder then words.

I think if we were secure in the championship....and he refused to see out his contract, then that may be more acceptable and understanding. More of a mutual, ok then, off you go.

It would still be a crappy demanding selfish way to move on though, even if we were safe. 

His heart wasn't in it and he didn't care about Charlton. A lot of his persona is just an odd boring repetitive front.

"Love me love me love me love me" 

His motto of life. 

Bit of a cringey desperation need

• Options
    Loved him when he was one of ours, completely the opposite when at another club. 
  • Options
    A man of convenient morals.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:

I do think he is intelligent. But that doesn’t mean I agree with the decisions he made regarding the way he left us - because I am a fan.

A footballer may look at what he did and say “He was pretty brave, but look where he is from a monetary perspective now”

He is well spoken, delivers his point well and is thoughtful in the way he communicates. Doesn’t necessarily mean I agree with him all the time or that all his decisions are correct. 

Actually, before he downed tools on us I used to enjoy his interviews as he was one of the very few really insightful and interesting characters who could speak well. I’m sure many of us thought the same. 
    Fair enough, I don’t particularly agree but you make a point.
  • Options
    We had lots of opportunities to offer him a deal to stay. We didn’t. 
    We will never know if he would have kept us up, by playing and protecting himself from injury prior to a new club. 
    Moral of the story - don’t let contracts run down for players you think are decent. 
  • Options
    I loved watching him play for Charlton and his behaviour is a huge disappointment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We will never know if he would have kept us up, by playing and protecting himself from injury prior to a new club. 
    Moral of the story - don’t let contracts run down for players you think are decent. 
    The thing is he was under contract for 3 more games.
    He was contracted for the season. Covid meant that the season was extended meaning that it ran out with 6 games to go, but "in the spirit of the contract" he was expected to play those games

Thus he missed 9/46 games by choice, a 5th of the season
  • Options
    The thing is he was under contract for 3 more games.
    He was contracted for the season. Covid meant that the season was extended meaning that it ran out with 6 games to go, but "in the spirit of the contract" he was expected to play those games

Thus he missed 9/46 games by choice, a 5th of the season
    He was indeed under contract to play 3 of those 6 matches. This has been covered in depth. 
  • Options
    Regardless of how he left us he's one of those players that you love if he plays for you, but fucking hate when he plays against you. A player who thrives off winding up opposition players but mainly opposition fans.

It's no surprise to me that his form has improved now fans are back in stadiums.
  • Options
    Lyle Taylor is a paradox,  and that is the kindest thing said about him by a Charlton fan.

He said he doesn't watch much football but would be an out spoken pundit !

If Taylor and Bonne had played in a two up front for the mini league we would've stayed up by 4 points and the Leeds match would've been a end of season party where Leeds celebrated their Promotion and Charlton celebrated staying up.

They would've both left at the end of the season because of "my door is always open" Matt Southall. 

Not convinced that a deal with Thomas Sandgaard would've happened and the hard lessons learnt this season would've been magnified in the Championship.

We would have been slaughtered in the Championship last season, and if you disagree you probably believe in Santa and the tooth fairy. 

• Options
    Lyle Taylor is a paradox,  and that is the kindest thing said about him by a Charlton fan.

If Taylor and Bonne had played in a two up front for the mini league we would've stayed up by 4 points and the Leeds match would've been a end of season party where Leeds celebrated their Promotion and Charlton celebrated staying up.

They would've both left at the end of the season because of "my door is always open" Matt Southall. 

Not convinced that a deal with Thomas Sandgaard would've happened and the hard lessons learnt this season would've been magnified in the Championship.

We would have been slaughtered in the Championship last season, and if you disagree you probably believe in Santa and the tooth fairy. 

What do you mean?
  • Options

What do you mean?

Once upon a time:

Neil, sorry mate for being a party pooper, but when you found that 50p under your pillow after that molar fell out it wasn't put there by the tooth fairy but by your guardian angel.

And we all lived happily ever after.
  • Options
    For some reason my Facebook page today had a 4 minute video after we had beaten Luton 3-1 in April 2019 enroute to the play offs.

Great atmosphere, he was applauding the covered end as we sang his name, whilst walking off to do the tunnel jump. I bloody loved him whilst he was here. Really thought he got what playing for us meant

So sad how it ended. 
    I think he got what being on the pitch for Charlton meant, but that was it. I'd say I'm not alone in thinking the people who really 'get' Charlton aren't just the ones who leave everything on the pitch, they're also the ones who understand the community club that Charlton is off it. Jackson, Powell, Bartlett, Holland, they get that the Charlton community extends beyond the day in the stadium and they've always held Charlton in high regard after they've left as that community gives and shares amongst itself so much. Lyle would go out on the pitch, chase after every ball, score, celebrate with the fans, fight with the opposition and crawl off at the end to a standing ovation, then go home and post stuff on Twitter to deliberately rile up a section of his own support because he thought it was funny. That always felt really weird, that our talisman would spend his Tuesday afternoon baiting his followers, who he knew would be primarily Charlton fans and then laugh about it afterwards. He enjoyed the love from the fans on the pitch, and then enjoyed the anger from those same fans online later, because it's just all attention to him and that's his favourite. Weird guy, good player, but I don't think he was ever really one of us.
  • Options

Great atmosphere, he was applauding the covered end as we sang his name, whilst walking off to do the tunnel jump. I bloody loved him whilst he was here. Really thought he got what playing for us meant

So sad how it ended. 
    I think he got what being on the pitch for Charlton meant, but that was it. I'd say I'm not alone in thinking the people who really 'get' Charlton aren't just the ones who leave everything on the pitch, they're also the ones who understand the community club that Charlton is off it. Jackson, Powell, Bartlett, Holland, they get that the Charlton community extends beyond the day in the stadium and they've always held Charlton in high regard after they've left as that community gives and shares amongst itself so much. Lyle would go out on the pitch, chase after every ball, score, celebrate with the fans, fight with the opposition and crawl off at the end to a standing ovation, then go home and post stuff on Twitter to deliberately rile up a section of his own support because he thought it was funny. That always felt really weird, that our talisman would spend his Tuesday afternoon baiting his followers, who he knew would be primarily Charlton fans and then laugh about it afterwards. He enjoyed the love from the fans on the pitch, and then enjoyed the anger from those same fans online later, because it's just all attention to him and that's his favourite. Weird guy, good player, but I don't think he was ever really one of us.
    Definitely about attention - says it all that he doesn't watch much football but would be an outspoken pundit! Loves himself more than the game
  • Options
    "He's one of those players that you love if he plays for you, but fucking hate when he plays against you." - Not many Championship teams/fans have thought that. In fact he's 7 goals in 51 games back that up :-)

"
    He said he doesn't watch much football but would be an out spoken pundit" - All claptrap again as sounds alluring. Remember your mate who is in very good shape and muscley, yet claims he never runs or lifts any weight?

For somebody so dignified, he's still mocking that Preston player on social media. MeMeMe has captioned Storey with "I made a new friend". Leave everything on the pitch hey Lyle, unless a cameraman catches your antics and you want to capitalise. Behaviors of a 21 year old, not 31 again.