Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    Lyle Taylor is a paradox,  and that is the kindest thing said about him by a Charlton fan.

He said he doesn't watch much football but would be an out spoken pundit !

If Taylor and Bonne had played in a two up front for the mini league we would've stayed up by 4 points and the Leeds match would've been a end of season party where Leeds celebrated their Promotion and Charlton celebrated staying up.

They would've both left at the end of the season because of "my door is always open" Matt Southall. 

Not convinced that a deal with Thomas Sandgaard would've happened and the hard lessons learnt this season would've been magnified in the Championship.

We would have been slaughtered in the Championship last season, and if you disagree you probably believe in Santa and the tooth fairy. 

What do you mean?

Once upon a time:

Neil, sorry mate for being a party pooper, but when you found that 50p under your pillow after that molar fell out it wasn't put there by the tooth fairy but by your guardian angel.

And we all lived happily ever after.
    50p - it’s a fiver a tooth now.
  • Options
    Lyle Taylor is a paradox,  and that is the kindest thing said about him by a Charlton fan.

If Taylor and Bonne had played in a two up front for the mini league we would've stayed up by 4 points and the Leeds match would've been a end of season party where Leeds celebrated their Promotion and Charlton celebrated staying up.

They would've both left at the end of the season because of "my door is always open" Matt Southall. 

Not convinced that a deal with Thomas Sandgaard would've happened and the hard lessons learnt this season would've been magnified in the Championship.

We would have been slaughtered in the Championship last season, and if you disagree you probably believe in Santa and the tooth fairy. 

What do you mean?

Once upon a time:

Neil, sorry mate for being a party pooper, but when you found that 50p under your pillow after that molar fell out it wasn't put there by the tooth fairy but by your guardian angel.

Shoulda been a “spoiler alert”…🥺
  • Options
    He's a pathetic attention seeker that gives of the illusion he is smart but really he just falls into the trap of thinking he's smart and is a little bit more articulate than most of his colleagues. 
  • Options
    Regardless of how he left us he's one of those players that you love if he plays for you, but fucking hate when he plays against you. A player who thrives off winding up opposition players but mainly opposition fans.

It's no surprise to me that his form has improved now fans are back in stadiums.
    I dont keep up to date but isn’t he still awful for forest, in and out of the team and without a goal from open play since the opening week of the season?
  • Options

Why? Would the pay off to southall and nimer been much different, would the deal with roland have been different? More money and less losses in the championship. I think the deal would have happened, or we would have been more desirable to some of the other rumoured interested parties
  • Options
    4Real said:
    The 'bloke' is a shit stain and we need to draw Forest at home in the 3rd Round of The FA Cup.

Hat-trick guaranteed for him if we did!
  • Options
    edited November 2021

What do you mean?

Once upon a time:

What by my guardian angel Francis? She was giving 50ps away to this other Neil? No wonder I only got 20p, I’m going to have a word with her next time we dream meet,

also she promised me success with Charlton. Surely she can’t mean league 2 (division 4) winners next year?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Regardless of how he left us he's one of those players that you love if he plays for you, but fucking hate when he plays against you. A player who thrives off winding up opposition players but mainly opposition fans.

It's no surprise to me that his form has improved now fans are back in stadiums.
    I dont keep up to date but isn’t he still awful for forest, in and out of the team and without a goal from open play since the opening week of the season?
    4 goals in 39 games (15 starts) last season
    3 goals in 12 games (7 starts) this.

So he's not exactly doing amazing but has definitely improved. He scored from open play at Bristol city the other week, an injury time winner.
  • Options

4 goals in 39 games (15 starts) last season
    3 goals in 12 games (7 starts) this.

So he's not exactly doing amazing but has definitely improved. He scored from open play at Bristol city the other week, an injury time winner.
    Thanks, I did see that he scored 2 in that game but mid read it as both pens. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4Real said:
    The 'bloke' is a shit stain and we need to draw Forest at home in the 3rd Round of The FA Cup.

If we did, the best thing to do would be to ignore him and if he scored just turn our backs to the pitch in silence.

He would just hate being ignored and treated as irrelevant.

No booing, no songs about him - nothing. Of course we have too many oaths as stupid as he is to actually come together to do this successfully.

Bit harsh on the fan base.

If the ref blows whistle and points to the spot at the covered end for Nottingham forest penalty

Taylor does his crappy walk and misses...

I think our fanbase will rather enjoy that moment.

Obviously, the opposite would probably happen, he would score and purposely celebrate Infront of our fans
  • Options
    4Real said:

If we did, the best thing to do would be to ignore him and if he scored just turn our backs to the pitch in silence.

No booing, no songs about him - nothing. Of course we have too many oaths as stupid as he is to actually come together to do this successfully.
    It would be the wise thing to do in terms of getting the least out of him but the flip side is that footy is a bit like panto and the baiting by each side could be seen as entertainment in itself.
  • Options
    4Real said:

It would be the wise thing to do in terms of getting the least out of him but the flip side is that footy is a bit like panto and the baiting by each side could be seen as entertainment in itself.
    I agree with jimmy 100%. I often say to my young nephew when ex players are returning resist temptation and don't boo or clap them until after the match, because you either fire them up by booing or make them feel good by clapping. Whereas nobody likes to feel forgotten or irrelevant. Least of all someone like Vile Traitor..
  • Options
    4Real said:

Do you mean oafs?
  • Options
    If Taylor plays at the Valley, i will boo him all game
  • Options
    Love him or loathe him, Taylor's ongoing presence on CL continues to provide some quality entertainment.
    Whether it be at hero or pantomime villain level.
    Just saying...
  • Options
    Love him or loathe him, Taylor's ongoing presence on CL continues to provide some quality entertainment.
    Just saying...
    He probably gets talked about more than many of our current players. 
  • Options
    Close this thread and move on .....!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NM18 said:
    Close this thread and move on .....!
    Strange you didn't take your own advice
  • Options
    4Real said:

Love your confidence that we're not going to get knocked out on telly by a non-League side again.
  • Options
    One good thing I will say about his time here… he took awesome penalties. Did he ever miss one?
  • Options
    One good thing I will say about his time here… he took awesome penalties. Did he ever miss one?
    Yes.
  • Options
    If Taylor plays at the Valley, i will boo him all game
    I wish nothing more than to see him pathetically fail at the valley.  But booing him will only make him play better.
  • Options
    We had lots of opportunities to offer him a deal to stay. We didn’t. 
    We will never know if he would have kept us up, by playing and protecting himself from injury prior to a new club. 
    Moral of the story - don’t let contracts run down for players you think are decent. 
    The thing is he was under contract for 3 more games.
    …..and he would have sulked around for 90mins as a classic non-trier. 
    The mistake was in Jan, not June. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Just saying...
    He probably gets talked about more than many of our current players. 
    He was the closest we’ve had to Super Clive, since the man himself. 
    Not surprising. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    100% he will get pelters and 100% he will score against us whenever we plays at The Valley again. 
    Probably from a shithouse penalty
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    4Real said:

Bit harsh on the fan base.

If the ref blows whistle and points to the spot at the covered end for Nottingham forest penalty

Taylor does his crappy walk and misses...

I think our fanbase will rather enjoy that moment.

Obviously, the opposite would probably happen, he would score and purposely celebrate Infront of our fans
    It does sound like that admittedly, but I was referring to a minority of just a few dozen who could spoil a coordinated attempt of thousands.

Just think how cool it would be though really. He could score a penalty, give it large to the fans and be completely ignored. Imagine that on TV!