Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• 2121 said:
    Didnt kasey get nabbed from our youth system by chelsea? 
    Yep.
    Starting to believe it then. Swap lyle for kasey and pay them £500k for the pleasure. Sounds about right. 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    No chance they've offered Casey Palmer for Taylor, if they have I'd take it
    For good order, I mean if he doesn't sign a new contract. Id rather keep him if he wants to be here 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Depends what sort of wages Palmer would want. 
  • Probably a loan swap.  i.e. we loan Palmer 'till the end of the season and they pick up Taylor on a free.  
  • Probably a loan swap.  i.e. we loan Palmer 'till the end of the season and they pick up Taylor on a free.  
    That would push it into ridiculous territory.
  • edited January 2020
    CAFCsayer said:

Bristol city offer the Chelsea reject who they paid 3.5 million for in exchange for Lyle Taylor, a proven success and the most Talismanic striker since Yann for CAFC.

Casey Palmer rejected Charlton as a youngster, so we now get a player who isn't good enough for City but will  be fine for Cafc.
    Get Palmer on loan but exchange for Taylor,
    would be crazy.
    No crap owner was ever going to stop me watching Charlton or I would have quit when Michael Gliksten was the apathetic owner and I saw 10 of my favourite players leave. If Lyle goes in this window then my time may be up. I wish ESI all the best with their "model" but I can't understand it at present. If you have an emergency, you deal with it; The five year plan doesn't get past the first year if you sleepwalk into relegation.
    If Taylor goes to the Premier, then I could accept that in the Summer on a free but to Bristol city now ; that would just reflect we have no ambition.
    Yann Kermorgant played his best football from 30 to 33. and so will Taylor, I hope its for Cafc, but it look highly unlikely past this summer as our budget still reflects a League 1 club.

This is no disrespect to Lee and Steve but if we end up with their 3rd, 4th or 5th choices because we have a rigid wage structure then we will emulate Rotherham who were in the Playoffs two years running and because they were the lowest paid team in the Championship just failed to stay up.

Ps I'm aware we have turned down City but while Taylor hasn't signed a contract then a 4 million bid from a desperate bottom 4 premier could clinch the deal on the 30th and then we have 24hrs to pay over the top for an inferior replacement 
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

Bristol city offer the Chelsea reject who they paid 3.5 million for in exchange for Lyle Taylor, a proven success and the most Talismanic striker since Yann for CAFC.

Casey Palmer rejected Charlton as a youngster, so we now get a player who isn't good enough for City but will  be fine for Cafc.
    would be crazy.
    No crap owner was ever going to stop me watching Charlton or I would have quit when Michael Gliksten was the apathetic owner and I saw 10 of my favourite players leave. If Lyle goes in this window then my time may be up. I wish ESI all the best with their "model" but I can't understand it at present. If you have an emergency, you deal with it; The five year plan doesn't get past the first year if you sleepwalk into relegation.
    If Taylor goes to the Premier, then I could accept that in the Summer on a free but to Bristol city now ; that would just reflect we have no ambition.
    Yann Kermorgant played his best football from 30 to 33. and so will Taylor, I hope its for Cafc, but it look highly unlikely past this summer as our budget still reflects a League 1 club.

This is no disrespect to Lee and Steve but if we end up with their 3rd, 4th or 5th choices because we have a rigid wage structure then we will emulate Rotherham who were in the Playoffs two years running and because they were the lowest paid team in the Championship just failed to stay up.

Ps I'm aware we have turned down City but while Taylor hasn't signed a contract then a 4 million bid from a desperate bottom 4 premier could clinch the deal on the 30th and then we have 24hrs to pay over the top for an inferior replacement 
    4m for a nearly 30 year old striker with 6 months left on his contract?
  • CAFCsayer said:

would be crazy.

I said 4 million to reflect that it was said he would only be sold if we received a silly offer in this window. 
  • CAFCsayer said:

would be crazy.

Cheap.

I think Taylor is better goal scorer than (say) Banford at Leeds. Leeds would get c£140m for going up. Well worth the risk IMO.

Would you pay £4m for Toney? Unproven at this level and 6 months left on his contract? 
  • People forget football is a business and, as such, players are just a commodity to be moved on whenever it best suits the parties involved.
     Would absolutely love Lyle to stay and have total respect for the man after what has done for the club. Would last season have been anywhere as exciting without him?
     But if he does get a better offer, who can blame him for moving on. If Lyle does go, would like to see him get a chance in the Prem rather than a move to Championship club.
     Also do not believe he is feigning injury. Where do the pessimists on here get their info from?
  • Redrobo said:
    CAFCsayer said:

would be crazy.

Cheap.

I think Taylor is better goal scorer than (say) Banford at Leeds. Leeds would get c£140m for going up. Well worth the risk IMO.

Would you pay £4m for Toney? Unproven at this level and 6 months left on his contract? 
    It's not cheap for a bloke who could be free in a few months time is it. He's still barely played in the Champ too. I can't see a club paying over 2mil for him now. 
  • Redrobo said:
    CAFCsayer said:

would be crazy.

Cheap.

Toney doesnt have six months left on his contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• I see that tweet has gained 7 likes, can someone copy and paste it for those of us who can't see twitter.
  • I see that tweet has gained 7 likes, can someone copy and paste it for those of us who can't see twitter.
    "Bristol City reportedly being in for Nakhi Wells suggests they have moved on from trying to get Lyle Taylor. Think likelihood at moment is that he stays until the end of the season".
  • As I know we all love to over analyse his social media I just thought I would add that going from his latest Instagram post it looks like he will be involved in the game today. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    As I know we all love to over analyse his social media I just thought I would add that going from his latest Instagram post it looks like he will be involved in the game today. 
    He went out for a meal the other night too at DLuxx, with Naby, Deji, Chuks and some random David Colin?  So he's obviously leaving, must have been a goodbye meal.
    No, he was just hungry.
  • As I know we all love to over analyse his social media I just thought I would add that going from his latest Instagram post it looks like he will be involved in the game today. 

Expect a two minute cameo at the end. Lyle just wants to say a proper goodbye.
    Yes, he posted a photo of what I hope is a new dawn.
    Plus a photo of him in front of the Charlton v Fulham caption.

(I suppose it could be a sunset).