Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• edited January 2020
    My take for what’s its worth, I thought Lyle seemed very chilled tonight, went over to Lee at the start of the natch, with a great big smile on his face, seemed very relaxed, I’ve done a complete u turn on the evidence on show tonight, and don’t think he’ll be leaving us in January, cue a 2 million pound transfer tomorrow!
  • 2121 said:
    Got a week to sign him up. Really opened it up today in limited time he was on. 
    I don't buy that hes injured tho. 
    Why do we only have a week to sign him up?
    Keep him sorry
  • He made a huge difference when he came on tonight and showed why we need to keep him until the end of the season, at the very least. 
  • Lyle I reckon feeds off the buzz from us as fans. Today he didn’t get as much adulation and he won’t unless he signs a new contract. I hope we can get something to work for him as with him, Hemed and maybe someone else as well in, the crowd will bounce. He will do well to stay both financially (I hope) and he will perform at a higher standard with Charlton than with a move imo. 

Fingers crossed. 
  • 2121 said:
    Got a week to sign him up. Really opened it up today in limited time he was on. 
    I don't buy that hes injured tho. 
    Well he is not injured anymore, hence why he came on!
  • I thought that hector was man of the match.but Hemed  put in a great shift and made him work for it. but you could see the difference when Taylor came on did trouble him more with his physical strength 
  • Sponsored links:

• Lyle I reckon feeds off the buzz from us as fans. Today he didn’t get as much adulation and he won’t unless he signs a new contract. I hope we can get something to work for him as with him, Hemed and maybe someone else as well in, the crowd will bounce. He will do well to stay both financially (I hope) and he will perform at a higher standard with Charlton than with a move imo. 

Fingers crossed. 
    I thought he got a decent amount of adulation (songs, cheers etc..), slightly more than a regular game. My view is 99% of charlton fans love him and are desperate to stay with 1% naysayers and twitter trolls telling him to f’ off. He is an idol to all the young charlton fans I know and they will be heart broken if he leaves. Come on charlton and Lyle, do the right thing and stay for another 2 years. 
  • The conditions at Swansea were also awful for players coming back from long term injury. When you aren't sure if your footing will stick.
  • By the time Taylor had come on Williams had already given the Fulham defence something to think about and they were much more hurried in their clearances/passes, we were therefore able to play a bit higher up the pitch. Also the balls put into Taylor were much lower and he had the skill and mobility to make Hector look a much more average player than in the first half.

Agree with others, I hope we can sell to Lyle the idea of staying as he makes a real difference. I would imagine one of his big considerations is that his ‘window’ of being able to play in the Premier League is limited at his age. By joining one of the teams at the top of the Championship he is more likely to realise that dream.
  • mascot88 said:
    He is so good, that cross almost won us the game... the vision and way he strikes the ball similar to Wembley... He will be the difference and will keep us up, he DESERVES a pay rise and to be paid what he is worth in this division. 

Captain would be a lovely tip of the hat too. 

For me Taylor is the ethos of Bowyer's Charlton on the pitch.

Madness to even consider letting him leave.
    I think very few would be happy to let him leave, but we may not have a choice. 
  • edited January 2020
    mascot88 said:
    He is so good, that cross almost won us the game... the vision and way he strikes the ball similar to Wembley... He will be the difference and will keep us up, he DESERVES a pay rise and to be paid what he is worth in this division. 

We have got a choice we can either up the offer previously on the table or turn down any offer which is not above the Chairman's 'silly' (on the high side) valuation.
  • Sponsored links:

• mascot88 said:

Agreed.  We ran the risk with Bauer by keeping him and losing him on a free but that meant we went up; as much as I have huge faith in Bowyer, staying up will be considerably easier with Lyle, evidently.
  • RedChaser said:
    mascot88 said:

We have got a choice we can either up the offer previously on the table or turn down any offer which is not above the Chairman's 'silly' (on the high side) valuation.
    I meant in the summer. Definite madness to let him go for less than 6-7 million now. 

I dont know what the contract offer is. But if most of our players are going to be on circa 8k then we really can’t afford to offer more than double that. 
  • edited January 2020
    RedChaser said:
    mascot88 said:

I meant in the summer. Definite madness to let him go for less than 6-7 million now. 

I dont know what the contract offer is. But if most of our players are going to be on circa 8k then we really can’t afford to offer more than double that. 
    Ok but I never said double it but Bowyer said last night he hopes he can get him to reconsider on the back of his own 3.5 year deal so you agree we do have a choice now then? 😉
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    mascot88 said:

Ok but I never said double it but Bowyer said last night he hopes he can get him to reconsider on the back of his own 3.5 year deal so you agree we do have a choice now then? 😉
    Of course Bowyer is going to say that. He will want him to stay. I said we may not have a choice which is evidently clear. What if Taylor gets an offer from a Prem club in the summer? It’s in our hands to reject a bid now but it’s not in the summer. We need to do everything in our power to keep him but ultimately it might not be enough. 
  • I thought that hector was man of the match.but Hemed  put in a great shift and made him work for it. but you could see the difference when Taylor came on did trouble him more with his physical strength 
    We must have been watching a different game, hemeds movement, awareness, lack of hold up play the list goes on leave me wondering what player QPR loaned last season, as this one seems pony. Davison causes more havoc and has a better all round game then him and the kid was playing for enfield town not long ago. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Did far more in 20 minutes than Hemed did in 70, and I’m someone who still holds hope for Hemed offering us something.
    Hemed is as good as the players supporting him. Give him a service and the percentages will do the rest.

But the difference between Hemed and Taylor wasn't the service they got. Taylor was more physical, faster and had much better movement. Taylor can create chances for himself and others too, he's not a goal poacher.

If Lyle stays (and keeps fit) we'll stay up easily, he's that good.
    No doubt that Lyle is a better player and had a more all round game. I think the point is that Hemed battled hard despite us not playing to his strengths and he did give us something up top. He is a good player and we will need him between now and the end of the season.
    Hemed will hopefully turn into this year's Parker (with goals, with any luck); by that, I mean a player that will, when fit, offer a useful alternative to the Taylor/Bonne partnership, when everyone is fit.