Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Davis is pony I I couldn't care less about him
  • It sucks, but from his side you probably would do the same at his age and his one chance of a big contract in his career. There probably will be a lot of injuries in this stretch of more games after a slightly shortened pre-season too so it's an above average risk
  • edited June 2020
    Danny Murphy saying that Lyle should be playing, says that Lyle should speak to the club about an Insurance Policy

Has questioned if the club are capable of doing that though

Acknowledges that Taylor is 30 compared to Murphy being 20 when he went from Crewe to Liverpool

Yet says that playing with the fear of injury is not a good place to be in
  • Sponsored links:

• So he’s still contracted till the 30th but won’t play between the 20th & 30th ? Surely he’ll be breaching his contract ?
  • Solly is out of contract as well, choosing not to play. 

Won't get half the abuse that Taylor will. 

Solly isn't as important to the playing team as Taylor
  • I'd tell him to fuck off now. Sit by the phone Lyle & wait for that big money move. Dont want you in or around the club now.
    But of an over-reaction. 
  • So he’s still contracted till the 30th but won’t play between the 20th & 30th ? Surely he’ll be breaching his contract ?
    You can't force a player to play during a pandemic. 

With the greatest respect, solly isn't a starting player, let alone the best player in the team. 
  • If you are not going to play that’s fine but don’t expect us to pay your wages in the meantime. Breach of contract. Now Fcuk off.   Btw thanks for the memories. You were, largely, great.   Good luck to you. That said, much as it pains me to admit it I completely understand Taylor’s position and in the circumstances I’d feel/do the same, especially given the basket case that club currently is.  I suspect Lee has outed him deliberately. 

Wonder what Solly’s problem is?

I guess the 10-years service, being through the whole of the Slater / Roland, now Southall years will help

When he came through there were rumours of a move to West Ham which didnt happen

He stuck around when Meire tried to palm him off to Gillingham and after we got relegated from the Championship when others jumped ship

His injuries have meant he's stuck around a lot longer than he would have done but no way is he in the same breath as Taylor!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Danny Murphy saying that Lyle should be playing, says that Lyle should speak to the club about an Insurance Policy

Has questioned if the club are capable of doing that though

Acknowledges that Taylor is 30 compared to Murphy being 20 when he went from Crewe to Liverpool

Yet says that playing with the fear of injury is not a good place to be in
    Insured against losing a contract that doesn’t exist? Sign me up for that policy! 
  • HandG said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    And to add to that , I feel does genuinely love the club and if he was offered with us what he could get elsewhere it would be a no brainer.

After hearing the recent interviews with him and the fact that he wanted away in August 2019, I’m surprised when people say “he loves the club” or “he’s proper Charlton” because it is not the impression I get at all. He strikes me as a cleverer than average,  very career driven footballer but he’ll never step foot in the Valley again once he leaves in June or July. He doesn’t even like football so can’t be that fussed on Charlton.
    I’m not knocking the guy at all (I actually find it refreshing to hear a player being so honest) as he has always given 100% for us and played a massive part in our success last season but “proper Charlton?” No chance. That’s for the likes of Steve Brown, Steve Gritt, Chris Solly etc etc....
    Told you so....
  • Croydon said:
    Lee Bowyer getting it out in the public to put pressure on Lyle? 

I can understand him not wanting to risk injury and Lyle is a big reason we are in the Championship just feels a bit of a kick in the teeth he gets injured away not representing Charlton we pay his wages while out injured (as we should) but he wont risk a few more games.  
    This. If players are worried about the virus then I've got no issue with them sitting out, but to sit out through fear of injury is a bit of a slap in the face. 

I agree.
    If the season had carried on as usual would he have sat out April/May?

I know the contract issue is much more immediate this season because of the delay but there is no confirmed date he could sign with a new club anyway.
    I get your point but sitting out in April when the new season resumes in August is far different from sitting out July when the new season might resume 3 weeks after the current one ends.
  • Leuth said:
    I think Solly might retire from playing now tbh - he's been gearing up for a coaching career for a while now
    If he was going to retire surely he'd play on?
  • edited June 2020
    Signed a pre contract with another club and they have told him not to play for us, bad attitude from Taylor, still maintain that he dragged the injury out longer than needed. 
    I thought he was only allowed to sign a pre-contract with an overseas club before his Charlton deal expires?

Edit - which he may have done of course...