Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The rise of the vegans.

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:

As I suggested in my earlier comment, it used to be quite hard to be a vegan but now it's pretty easy with loads of prepared foods on offer. Whether or not people explore the vegan option is down to a sort of resonance as there is a spiritual vibe to it. There is a philosophy that as you stop eating flesh eating you remove a veil and you may get a bit more sensitive. It's a first step on the path to a higher consciousness. The nazarenes and many buddhists think like this.
    I don't buy the vegan pets argument. Our cat eats meat/fish. Weirdly, it eats the vegan quorn when we drop a bit on the floor but generally it does not seem right to me to feed vegan food to cats and dogs. But I always wonder why we feed cats beef and lamb? It seems most unnatural! Rabbit and chicken seems far more appropriate to me but our moggy gets spoilt rotten by my wife. She would probably give it caviare if we could afford it.

Your cats also needlessly kill hundreds of song birds each year
    What is your point?
    Cat owners facilitate the mass, needless killing of millions of song birds every year, so that must mean they don't like animals surely
    Again no one has said cats are perfect, you have missed the point. I hate cats toying with birds, unfortunately you can't tell a cat otherwise. A human has the ability to know right from wrong though
    Are you saying humans eating animals is wrong, or just the wrong choice? Big difference.
    It's both. It's the wrong choice for the environment and it's the wrong choice morally. Absolute facts. Not even an argument.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

My friend's aunt and uncle had a dog that suddenly stopped eating the meat it was offered, and would only eat fruit.
    Concerned for the dog's health, they took it to the vet who looked it over and declared that it looked fit and healthy.
    ' But he won't eat meat anymore, he'll only eat fruit,' the aunt said,
    'Well, feed him fruit then,' replied the vet.
    So they did.

We give our dogs carrots as a cheap treat when we're out with them and they love them, but to make a conscious decision to withdraw meat from a dog, because of your own beliefs, I think is wrong.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

As I suggested in my earlier comment, it used to be quite hard to be a vegan but now it's pretty easy with loads of prepared foods on offer. Whether or not people explore the vegan option is down to a sort of resonance as there is a spiritual vibe to it. There is a philosophy that as you stop eating flesh eating you remove a veil and you may get a bit more sensitive. It's a first step on the path to a higher consciousness. The nazarenes and many buddhists think like this.
    I don't buy the vegan pets argument. Our cat eats meat/fish. Weirdly, it eats the vegan quorn when we drop a bit on the floor but generally it does not seem right to me to feed vegan food to cats and dogs. But I always wonder why we feed cats beef and lamb? It seems most unnatural! Rabbit and chicken seems far more appropriate to me but our moggy gets spoilt rotten by my wife. She would probably give it caviare if we could afford it.

What is your point?
    Cat owners facilitate the mass, needless killing of millions of song birds every year, so that must mean they don't like animals surely
    Again no one has said cats are perfect, you have missed the point. I hate cats toying with birds, unfortunately you can't tell a cat otherwise. A human has the ability to know right from wrong though
    No, you've missed the point. If a vegan owns a cat that inevitably needlessly kills wildlife, then the VEGAN is facilitating their cat doing it. In short, vegans should not keep carnivorous or omnivorous animals if they want to preach to meat eaters about the lack of love they have for the animals they eat.

If people choose veganism and don't talk toot about the lack of love meat eaters have for animals, then keeping meat eating pets wouldnt be hypocritical, would it

As for depriving a dog of a naturally balance diet, including meat of some sort, that's animal cruelty I'm afraid
    To speak on a level that should suit you a bit more. I don't own a cat so that's none of my concern pal.
    On my level, listen to this one - I never said you did have a cat, but you're the one who challenged my post about cats.
  • Options

I'll be pointing out to my cat tonight about his right v's wrong issues, not sure
    bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

What is your point?
    So the only reason a cat catches birds or other Animals is they can’t tell right from wrong? That’s not a serious point surely?
    I think it was.

Worrying!

Rob7Lee said:

What is your point?
    So the only reason a cat catches birds or other Animals is they can’t tell right from wrong? That’s not a serious point surely?
    No that's in their nature.

Don't get why you are trying to twist what I am saying.
    I wasn’t - you stated that you ‘can’t tell a cat otherwise’ but ‘a human has the ability to know right from wrong’ indicating that a cat doesn’t know right from wrong (i took from that an inference that eating meat is wrong?).

Now a cat hunts as it’s in it’s nature, isn’t it in ‘mans’ nature as a ‘hunter and gatherer’ to hunt? If it’s in the cats (or dogs etc etc) nature to hunt if I don’t feed it what it would usually hunt am I going against nature? What about lions, should they not be fed meat in captivity?

• Options

Rob7Lee said:

What is your point?

Do you understand what I'm saying now though @Braziliance
    No. There is nothing to understand. All you are doing is trying to spin an argument in your favour.

Animal agriculture is bad for the planet, bad for animals, not sustainable and is not morally correct. No matter what you try and say you can't change that because those are undeniable facts.

Do you think God has blessed us with the weather or something? Animal agriculture is literally one of if not the biggest threat for global warming.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

What is your point?
    Are you saying humans eating animals is wrong, or just the wrong choice? Big difference.
    It's both. It's the wrong choice for the environment and it's the wrong choice morally. Absolute facts. Not even an argument.
    I wouldn't bother arguing with you.

• Options
    edited July 2018

Rob7Lee said:

What is your point?

No. There is nothing to understand. All you are doing is trying to spin an argument in your favour.

Animal agriculture is bad for the planet, bad for animals, not sustainable and is not morally correct. No matter what you try and say you can't change that because those are undeniable facts.

Do you think God has blessed us with the weather or something? Animal agriculture is literally one of if not the biggest threat for global warming.
    I'm not spinning anything, I've kept the same line from the start

If it weren't for animal agriculture, there would be no animals (of the domesticated, farmed variety), is that morally right?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I'll be pointing out to my cat tonight about his right v's wrong issues, not sure

bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

What is your point?
    I think it was.

Worrying!

Rob7Lee said:

What is your point?

I wasn’t - you stated that you ‘can’t tell a cat otherwise’ but ‘a human has the ability to know right from wrong’ indicating that a cat doesn’t know right from wrong (i took from that an inference that eating meat is wrong?).

Now a cat hunts as it’s in it’s nature, isn’t it in ‘mans’ nature as a ‘hunter and gatherer’ to hunt? If it’s in the cats (or dogs etc etc) nature to hunt if I don’t feed it what it would usually hunt am I going against nature? What about lions, should they not be fed meat in captivity?

When it was practical to eat meat and hunt yes it was. Now that there are other alternatives that are better it isn't necessary. How are you not understanding this!?

Simple terms again for you. Your cat can't make a salad or read a book. You can. I honestly don't even want to put it across better than that sorry

Also lions shouldnt be kept in captivity if that's what you mean? So I don't see your point there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What is your point?
    No, you've missed the point. If a vegan owns a cat that inevitably needlessly kills wildlife, then the VEGAN is facilitating their cat doing it. In short, vegans should not keep carnivorous or omnivorous animals if they want to preach to meat eaters about the lack of love they have for the animals they eat.

If people choose veganism and don't talk toot about the lack of love meat eaters have for animals, then keeping meat eating pets wouldnt be hypocritical, would it

As for depriving a dog of a naturally balance diet, including meat of some sort, that's animal cruelty I'm afraid
    To speak on a level that should suit you a bit more. I don't own a cat so that's none of my concern pal.
    On my level, listen to this one - I never said you did have a cat, but you're the one who challenged my post about cats.
    You missed my point again. To clear it up I showed you the same attitude that the majority of people have towards vegans on this thread. If you didn't get that then I don't know what to say really
  • Options

What is your point?

You missed my point again. To clear it up I showed you the same attitude that the majority of people have towards vegans on this thread. If you didn't get that then I don't know what to say really
    Goodbye WUM
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

What is your point?

I'm not spinning anything, I've kept the same line from the start

If it weren't for animal agriculture, there would be no animals (of the domesticated, farmed variety), is that morally right?
    Seriously, do you think a chicken would rather not exist (not that it would ever know) or be raised to ultimately be killed. Think long and hard about that one.

So to answer your question yes. I would prefer X cow to not exist to satisfy X humans need to eat it.
  • Options

What is your point?

I think the general opinion of vegans is 'live and let live - their choice'.

But when people start to lecture to others on what is a reasonable and natural behaviour for the vast majority of people then why are you surprised at the negative attitudes?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    We've come a looooooooooong way from this on page 2...

• Options
    Eaten double chop tonight cos of the outbursts on this thread
  • Options

bobmunro said:

What is your point?
    Oh piss off. Its not morally wrong. Read carefully:
    YOUR MORAL CODE != ABSOLUTE
    Just because YOU believe something, doesn't make it right.
    To draw a parallel:
    Billions of people believe homosexuality is somehow 'immoral'
    Billions of people think you shouldn't have sex for any purpose other than procreation
    Billions of people think their imaginary friend tells them what to do and that people who don't believe he/she/it exists are morally reprehensible

See where I'm going with this?
    This always happens. People don't like the truth so they get angry. It is 100% morally wrong. Taking an innocent live is wrong. Don't bring religion or sexual orientation into it cause they can't be compared to what I'm saying.

And now back to what I originally said before people felt the need to justify their weak will power for the greater good (trying to say that without sounding like the villagers from hot fuzz) I simply don't care what you eat. Just do not try and justify it as you can't.
  • Options
    She's on a wind up, let it go
  • Options

Eaten double chop tonight cos of the outbursts on this thread

I've got ham, egg and chips when I get home - the chips are at least vegan (apart from the animal fat they are cooked in).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

What is your point?

I think the general opinion of vegans is 'live and let live - their choice'.

But when people start to lecture to others on what is a reasonable and natural behaviour for the vast majority of people then why are you surprised at the negative attitudes?
    Go back through this thread. I started off passive and said 'trying to justify why you eat animals to vegans is pointless'. What has happened since then?

How many people even attempted to fact check before even trying to make jokes or make the usual bullshit comments like 'tin hat'.

I can almost guarantee not one person bothered to watch a video about it for themselves but instead spent their time on here trying to argue it instead.

• Options
    Chin up
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

I thought the preachy idiot vegan was just a lazy stereotype. Boy was I wrong...

I haven't actually preached once. I haven't tried to turn anyone into a vegan nor try and teach. Just posted why loving animals and eating meat can't go hand in hand and also said if people are genuinely interested they should watch a video about it. You might wanna Google that word before you use it in the furure. The thread is called 'rise of the vegans' I dont like the title as I think it provokes an argument but what comments do you think are gonna pop up on here. Bit rich calling someone else an idiot
  • Options
    Militant vegan check list -

- Start off calm.
    - Tell meat eaters they're morally wrong and meat is bad for you.
    - Get blown out the water on every point.
    - Play the victim.
  • Options

- Start off calm.
    - Play the victim.

- Go for a cheeky Nados to console theirself
  • Options
    edited July 2018

- Start off calm.
    - Play the victim.

Carnist bingo check list -

Try and justify why they eat meat on a thread aimed at vegans- Tick
    Try and make jokes instead of fact check - Tick
    Try and spin the argument rather than just put their hands up and say 'I have no empathy towards animals' - tick
    Make a joke about eating more meat - Tick
    Call a vegan is militant just for telling them the harsh reality - Tick
    Use your animals as an example when you are more capable of understanding than them - Tick
    Lions tho?!? - Tick

The only thing I am surprised you haven't done yet is use the 'if you were stuck on an island would you eat meat?' question.

Other than that top marks fella.
  • Options

What is your point?
    How many have you killed?

You can choose not to kill but you kill and seem to enjoy shooting animals.
    Cats are unable to make that choice.

• Options

Veggies and Vegans do get a lot of unwarranted stick but you’re not helping yourself when you make a statement that your dog is vegan.

He’s not, it’s just that YOU his owner, makes the decision for him to not eat meat.

The only vegans who get stick as far as I'm concerned, are the ones who insist on telling meat eaters that they're doing something wrong, or try and "spread the word".
    Why come into a thread about the growth of veganism then? You know you'll get annoyed and annoy other people.
  • Options
    So many people on here prodding until they get the reaction they want.