Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Playing Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    Treated myself to an ebay purchase...... Set of Ping G20 irons. Think they're from 2012ish but in immaculate condition, even the grips look barely used.
    Played today at Redlibbets 32pts off 13
  • Options

• Options
    I’m suffering from not having a club between 3 wood and 5 iron. 
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with hitting your 5 iron down the fairway for your 2nd shot on a par 5. Probably will keep your out of danger - seen may a player go from fairway to rough /trees because they are trying to get on in 2. Some of my most consistent rounds have been because I've plodded along a par 5 with a couple of 5 or 6 irons after my tee shot. 
  • Options
    Made a huge impulse buy/fookup last week. Part exd my pings for a set on cobra f8 one legnth irons.  Why oh why do i do this. They are pony. 
    Anybody wana buy them lol
  • Options
    I use a 21 degree hybrid for this space, accurate and really easy to hit, is supposed to be equal to a 3 iron. As a guide I would expect to hit it 190-210 on the flat, no wind, 190 off the fairway, 210 off the tee. Hit my 5 iron 175 - 190.
  • Options
    Gasman said:
    Made a huge impulse buy/fookup last week. Part exd my pings for a set on cobra f8 one legnth irons.  Why oh why do i do this. They are pony. 
    Anybody wana buy them lol
    give 'em a chance Bryson  ;)
  • Options
    22 of my lot off to Princes later in the year for our 6 monthly (drinking) golfing jolly. Always enjoy there. You might want to tell your single handicap pals to avoid the course those couple of days :-) 
  • Options
    We got a 16 a side mini Ryder cup style event at Farleigh Court in September. 9 holes pairs 9 holes singles. Should be fun 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    supaclive said:
    Been a busy week golf wise. 

Played Princes on Thursday afternoon and Friday morning.  Dunes + Himalayas and then Shores and Dunes.

Was a mini stag do with 7 other friends from The Addington and we played 8 guys from Princes.

Only one of them wasn't single figure handicapper and it was windy on Friday so we got well and truly beaten 7-1 from the 8 pairs' matches.  They come back to The Addington in October.

I shot 28 points and 30 points.  +14 over my 2 rounds.  Came 9th out of the 16 of us.   Course was in very good condition. 

Saturday Breadsall Priory.  The Priory course.  Greens were slick.  Very slick.  Lots of doglegs and still tired from Princes exploits.   28pts.  Too many poor shots.   In the rain.

Today, my course.  Hungover to hell.   Was out till 3.30am and my best man got me proper smashed.

Got to the course and 2 pints before.  Started with 5 straight pars.  Then the wheels came off.  28 pts again.

The last 4 days have been great catching up with my mates and sharing some time with my step son to be and brother in law to be.   

The golf is currently ropey but fcuk it, I'm getting married on Friday.  And just like a provisional tee shot after you've carved one (probably) out of bounds.....

This chinese proverb applies more than ever.....

SECOND WIFE ALWAYS BETTER !

Came on to talk about those courses......but thought my reply should be to your last sentance.

Second Divorce is even more costly. 

• Options
    magic1999 said:
    Next up is Littlestone Championship on Thursday !!
    Was a member at Littlestone for a few years. Absolutely love it down there. Lived in sidcup at the time so was a bit of a schlep but as a two ball course, we were done on 2hr 30 mins some days so got the time back. The other good thing was they have a reciprocal with RSG, Rye, royal Cinque Pirts and Royal Ashdown Forest, so got to play some amazing courses for nothing.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Friday saw me have the best round of my life. I shot 12 over on the West Course on Sundridge and genuinely it could have been way less, I 3 putted the 2nd and 3rd and left birdie putts within inches. I scored 45 points playing off 21. Played again yesterday thinking I'd completely cracked golf and was back to my usual shite. Still shot 21 over but all the things I was suddenly doing right I was back to doing wrong.

Stupid game, played by idiots.

• Options
    Friday saw me have the best round of my life. I shot 12 over on the West Course on Sundridge and genuinely it could have been way less, I 3 putted the 2nd and 3rd and left birdie putts within inches. I scored 45 points playing off 21. Played again yesterday thinking I'd completely cracked golf and was back to my usual shite. Still shot 21 over but all the things I was suddenly doing right I was back to doing wrong.

Stupid game, played by idiots.

• Options
    Seriously, Well played  mate. 
  • Options
    don’t understand it, since the return from Covid played out of my skin. 

Last night at Dartford 
    We’ll played mate. How did you enjoy Dartford out of curiosity?
  • Options
    that looks like a lot of info you have to type in each hole 
  • Options
    You must have room in the bag for an in-between, FWIW I carry a Driver, 4 wood, 3 & 4 Hybrid, 5i through to PW, Gap, Sand, Lob & Putter.
  • Options

Last night at Dartford 
    Dartford is short but tight. I love the 16, 17, 18 finish. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Last night at Dartford 
    Yes. They are good. 16 will never be a par 3 so long as I have a hole in my arse. 245 yards with the green above you and OOB just to the right. . 
  • Options

Last night at Dartford 
    Yes. They are good. 16 will never be a par 3 so long as I have a hole in my arse. 245 yards with the green above you and OOB just to the right. . 
    The 18th tee, good score card so far. Go for it or lay up?
  • Options

Last night at Dartford 
    Go for it every time. I made up my mind a few years ago that as long as I had the distance I’d go for it cos one day I won’t be able to. I’d rather blow a score going for an eagle or birdie than play six iron wedge and screw it up. I’ve as much chance of ballsing it up yanking an iron into the trees than I have of messing up driver. The one thing about Dartford is although it is tight there’s not too many “lost ball reload tight” holes. Often if you are wide enough you have a recovery chance over trees from adjacent fairways. It’s when you are only just off line that you’re often knackered. 
  • Options

Last night at Dartford 
    Duffed it off the tee going for it yesterday, then tried to smash my hybrid put it just off the 16th green! Chipped over the bush / trees 2 putted. 

I do like dartford, fantastic condition but crikey the 1st 5 holes i was punching out from the trees soooooo tight 
  • Options
    One if my mates got a hole in one today. Lovely shot on #13 @ Badgemore Park in Henley 👌🏼
  • Options
    34 points today. 

13 points going out and 21 back...

I struck the ball better on the front 9 but 2 loose shots off the tee resulting in lost balls and a couple of 3 putts knackered the scoring.

Loose golf on the back 9 with some good up and downs and a 240 yard thin on a par 5 with a 4 iron made me score well...

Golf... 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Options
    Gross 91 playing off 22 at red libbetts yesterday with an 8 and 2 7s on my card..first time I've played there ..like it 
  • Options
    Littlestone  Championship tomorrow fingers crossed 3 points tonight and plenty of 3 pointers tomorrow COYR 
  • Options
    Shot a 93 (34 points) happy all round except the 10 on one hole should have taken an unplayable instead of 5 hacks out of the rough on the 11th tee shot took a wicked bounce into the dry burn but rough was so high in there wrists still a little sore. Back to West Kent next week for another crack there to beat my last score of 92 there
  • Options
    Played for the first time in about 3 months today at Rochester & Cobham where i'm a member. More than happy with the 35 points I got off my 23 Handicap. Much better than i usually do, perhaps the break has done me good.