Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Playing Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    Im playing Limpsfield Chart in Oxted on Tuesday as part of the ReadyGolf membership is one of their new courses (Even though 9 hole 18 Different tee boxes) Anyone played it before
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Played Woldingham yesterday and my god it was slow. 4 and a half hours as a 2 ball. I hate golf when its like that. No rhythm at all. Scored 29 points which is poor there as its an easy course. 

Playing the Surrey national next week for the first time. Apparently its tough.
    It's a little longer and more Hilly but not overly difficult enjoy it
  • Options
    magic1999 said:
    Im playing Limpsfield Chart in Oxted on Tuesday as part of the ReadyGolf membership is one of their new courses (Even though 9 hole 18 Different tee boxes) Anyone played it before
    Yes, quirky layout, worth playing twice so you know your way around. Has some golf Nazis for members. Watch out for dog poo, especially if wearing brand new Footjoys. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    magic1999 said:
    Yes, quirky layout, worth playing twice so you know your way around. Has some golf Nazis for members. Watch out for dog poo, especially if wearing brand new Footjoys. 
    Thank you I will keep an eye out I've a newish player with me who can spray the ball a bit ... I was told by the lady who I booked it with thats its a tight course !! Im actually looking forward to the challenge 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Didn’t get to play Redlibbets today in the end as the fella I was due to be playing with’s missus has been taken ill. I needed him for a lift as my missus took the car to work so we had to reschedule for Wednesday 👍🏼
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Played Epping,  off yellows yesterday morning 5.45 Tee off with 14 year old son
    short piss easy course
    fourball in front so quick 
    never held us up , let us through on 9th where I put it in the water(picked up and blobbed) and heckled my son on the green with the players watching he rattled the pin with his putt and got a par , he’s pony and plays off 36 .

front nine 11 points and 4 down on straight match play (I play off 20 and I’m proper shit should be 24) we only played match play cos he was 3 up after 5

back nine 26 points and won 8 holes on spin, thankfully we both par’d the last and i thought we were all square on points but I hadn’t input sons 4 for 4 on the last ...

back 9 consisted of birdie par bogey bogey bogey and 4 pars 

£18 for a round can’t go wrong and did It in 2hrs 20 mins which is nice cos I hate fannying around waiting on holes .

• Options
    Played Boughton yesterday, seemed to play in the worst of the conditions 
  • Options
    Played West Middlesex on Thurs (just killing time whist my wife was visiting a friend in Ealing hospital). The greens were in as good a condition as I’ve ever seen and the fairways were about as bad as I’ve ever seen.

A tricky, tight course - happy with 33 points considering I’ve never played it before. Won’t be back in a hurry purely because of the fairways.
  • Options
    .I enjoyed limpsfield Chart very tight and the greens were nice and quick disappointed with a 97 though left a lot out there I struggled in the 
  • Options
    Woldingham was lovely yesterday. We played 2 vs 2 match play, but I was keeping my stroke play too. Except I lost my score card somewhere on the 14th ☹️. 

Redlibbets tomorrow, I’ll try not to lose my score card!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I played Sunday and Monday at Meon Valley in Southampton. A golfbreaks deal for a ridiculously low £70 including 2 rounds, bed, breakfast and dinner. 

There are two courses, the 18 hole Meon championship and the 9 hole valley. The Meon is a really nice course with some lovely holes, it used to hold PGA events but it’s a little tired now. Would definitely recommend it. 

In contrast the 9 hole Valley course was poor, greens and tees were bumpy and diseased.  

The hotel was pretty average and the service in the bar/restaurant shocking but can’t grumble for the price. If anyone books there make sure you call them to make sure you are actually on the Meon course, golfbreaks just put you on whichever course they feel like. 
  • Options
    Rahm has just sunk one twice as difficult in the play-off.

Incredible.
  • Options
    Those 2 putts......unbelievable  !!  Pleased for Rahm is he deserved it for the penalty he had to take the day before.

As an aside. Don't like the format for the final event next week. At the start next Friday McIlroy will tee off on -3.........Dustin johnson will be 7 shots ahead on -10. Weird concept all round.
  • Options
    Those 2 putts......unbelievable  !!  Pleased for Rahm is he deserved it for the penalty he had to take the day before.

As an aside. Don't like the format for the final event next week. At the start next Friday McIlroy will tee off on -3.........Dustin johnson will be 7 shots ahead on -10. Weird concept all round.
    Yes, given the way DJ and Rahm are playing, can't see beyond them with the start they have over the field. 
  • Options
    playing knole park tomorrow. One of the few local courses I ain’t played. £90 which seems steep so I have great expectations!
  • Options
    playing knole park tomorrow. One of the few local courses I ain’t played. £90 which seems steep so I have great expectations!
    Lovely course. Not worth £90
  • Options
    Played Park Wood for the 1st time today.  Not a bad course
  • Options
    I played it with a member 20 years ago. Looks nice but not worth more than £30 to play.

Did you know The Beatles filmed the promo for Strawberry Fields in Knole Park.
  • Options
    £90??

Jeez, hope you had a good round!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £90 😩
  • Options
    Played my Dad at Broome Park Golf Course between Canterbury and Folkestone today - Its an annual game we always have and because of other commitments is the only time I get to really play these days

My Dad on the other hand plays every week @ Cray Valley

Led five holes to two after the 10th which is rare for me as my Dad is the better Golfer and usually beats me with ease...

Unfortunately ended the last five holes behind two really slow Groups and lost 9-5... My performance on the back nine there is never great!! 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Played Park Wood for the 1st time today.  Not a bad course
    Its a nice course to play in the summer. Do not play it during the winter months,drainage is awful,i think its the muddiest ive ever been walking off a course when i played there last November.
  • Options
    Played my Dad at Broome Park Golf Course between Canterbury and Folkestone today - Its an annual game we always have and because of other commitments is the only time I get to really play these days

My Dad on the other hand plays every week @ Cray Valley

Led five holes to two after the 10th which is rare for me as my Dad is the better Golfer and usually beats me with ease...

Unfortunately ended the last five holes behind two really slow Groups and lost 9-5... My performance on the back nine there is never great!! 
    That's one of the courses I can play at in my readygolf membership it's ok a course quite long and some tricky holes 
  • Options
    Wildernesse was Tuesday.   Woburn (Dukes Course) was Wednesday.

33 points both times (off 8).  Off the whites at Wildernesse and yellows at Woburn.   Both one harder than Par CSS.

Was -1 gross after six holes both days.  Let it slip away.  Still very happy with how I played and both courses were in great condition.   I think Woburn's three courses are the best group of courses in the UK as a collective venue.
  • Options
    I've a society meet at chiddingfold on Thursday 9 hole Texas scramble followed by 18 stableford not played the course in years anyone played it recently?
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I'm playing both courses at The Berkshire next week, can't afford it but there'll be no golf, foreign trips or away games over winter.

I really recommend the New Forest for a budget golf trip. Ignore Brockenhurst Manor for £70 as it's a standard parkland for the most part. New Forest GC is max £28, Bramshaw - Forest course was £20 and Burley is £12 for 9 holes. They're all bouncy heathland, the local animals look after the fairways and rough but all the greens ran well, especially at Burley.

This is the 2nd tee at Bramshaw, was +1 thru 8 before limping to 80. I've broken 80 before but not this year. Really fun, quirky course though, put as many balls in the streams as I made birdies. Had ponies, cows, deer, sheep and pigs all in play at various points.

Lovely part of the world , used to cricket tour down there , Bramshaw golf course passed next to the cricket ground , that might be part of it fenced off in the background .
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I'm playing both courses at The Berkshire next week, can't afford it but there'll be no golf, foreign trips or away games over winter.

I really recommend the New Forest for a budget golf trip. Ignore Brockenhurst Manor for £70 as it's a standard parkland for the most part. New Forest GC is max £28, Bramshaw - Forest course was £20 and Burley is £12 for 9 holes. They're all bouncy heathland, the local animals look after the fairways and rough but all the greens ran well, especially at Burley.

This is the 2nd tee at Bramshaw, was +1 thru 8 before limping to 80. I've broken 80 before but not this year. Really fun, quirky course though, put as many balls in the streams as I made birdies. Had ponies, cows, deer, sheep and pigs all in play at various points.

Lovely part of the world , used to cricket tour down there , Bramshaw golf course passed next to the cricket ground , that might be part of it fenced off in the background .
    That's a cattle fence around the green but a little beyond that is the 3rd fairway with the cricket ground playing as OOB on its left  :smile:
  • Options
    Played Selsden weekend just gone okay course - long and a bit of a journey from Bexley.