Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee Bowyer and Steve Gallen at Bromley Addicks 6th Sept. 7.30-9pm. (Now Members Only)

Comments

• Actually need to be in Bromley that evening to pick up a suit. Might as well pop in for this too. Just gotta work out how the fuck to get back to my new place in Streatham after!

Where exactly is it? Sorry if I've missed this info I've just skimmed the thread...

Right around the corner from Petts Wood station
    Thanks.
  • Actually need to be in Bromley that evening to pick up a suit. Might as well pop in for this too. Just gotta work out how the fuck to get back to my new place in Streatham after!

Where exactly is it? Sorry if I've missed this info I've just skimmed the thread...

Slaters eh, you cheapskate :wink:
  • Fumbluff said:

Actually need to be in Bromley that evening to pick up a suit. Might as well pop in for this too. Just gotta work out how the fuck to get back to my new place in Streatham after!

Shhhhhh
  • Stupid me didn’t realise I am away on holiday for this, proper gutted as it would be a very interesting evening and insight into what has happened this summer especially.

Really enjoyed the evening in November last year, so any details from the night, please be shared, would be much appreciated! Thanks.
  • Fumbluff said:

Actually need to be in Bromley that evening to pick up a suit. Might as well pop in for this too. Just gotta work out how the fuck to get back to my new place in Streatham after!

Shhhhhh
    I used them for my wedding this weekend, couldn't praise them enough
  • Nothing wrong with Slater's.

Royal British Legion Hall
    Queensway
    Petts Wood

As Paulie said it's a minute's walk from Petts Wood British Rail station (make sure you get on on the right side).

Early start at request of club.

No membership or entry fee but we'll pass a glass around to cover costs of hall hire.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Fumbluff said:

Shhhhhh
    I used them for my wedding this weekend, couldn't praise them enough
    Indeed. We are using then for my brothers wedding. I've been very impressed. Full tailored adjustments at no extra costs and they turn them around in no time.
  • I was only teasing
  • edited August 2018
    WSS said:

Nothing wrong with Slater's.

Queensway
    Petts Wood

As Paulie said it's a minute's walk from Petts Wood British Rail station (make sure you get on on the right side).

No membership or entry fee but we'll pass a glass around to cover costs of hall hire.

I've been to those kind of "pound in a pint glass" establishments before.
    Rainbow sports bar in Shoreditch :wink:

Dont ask me how I know about that place haha
  • Sponsored links:

• WSS said:

Nothing wrong with Slater's.

Queensway
    Petts Wood

I've been to those kind of "pound in a pint glass" establishments before.
    Some people always have to bring down the tone

: - )
  • And on a shoestring budget!
  • Redhenry said:

Got to hand it to Bowyer, he has signed three players on loan that have added quality to the starting eleven. All three can play on the Champ.

Redhenry said:

And on a shoestring budget!

Hypothetical question: How much would these players have cost if they were to be permanent signings?

They are all under contract - but if they were to be permanent signings, what do you reckon each player's transfer fee would be?

• I think they only came because of Bowyer. I've just backed us to finish top half & top 6.
  • Oggy Red said:

Redhenry said:

Got to hand it to Bowyer, he has signed three players on loan that have added quality to the starting eleven. All three can play on the Champ.

Redhenry said:

Hypothetical question: How much would these players have cost if they were to be permanent signings?

They are all under contract - but if they were to be permanent signings, what do you reckon each player's transfer fee would be?

I doubt we've paid out too much.

Arsenal want Bielik playing games so will be happy to subsidize his wages.ditto Cullen.

Ward is surplus to requirements at Forest but I'm guessing were paying some of his wages as Forest aren't that rich.

Steer is hard one to call. He was third or fourth choice so Villa might be happy to just get him out of the building for a % of his wages.

I think Bow and Gallen have done well when you add Taylor and Pratley on frees.
  • I think they only came because of Bowyer. I've just backed us to finish top half & top 6.

Completely agree, it’s been mentioned before but having Bowyer as manager is a real pull for us. When players meet him it must be such a breath of fresh air in some ways. There is a lot that needs to happen at the club but ultimately I think we are lucky to have him.

Oggy Red said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

I doubt we've paid out too much.

Arsenal want Bielik playing games so will be happy to subsidize his wages.ditto Cullen.

Ward is surplus to requirements at Forest but I'm guessing were paying some of his wages as Forest aren't that rich.

Steer is hard one to call. He was third or fourth choice so Villa might be happy to just get him out of the building for a % of his wages.

I think Bow and Gallen have done well when you add Taylor and Pratley on frees.
    Yes. - the quality of player that we have been able to attract has been very good, but they’ve been clever with the deals with the budget available, and these players still are grounded and humble enough to want to play for us.

Both deserve great credit.
  • edited September 2018
    I wonder how many times Lee has seen any of them “live” with a view to specifically watching them .
    Or does Gallen just video him a load of players potentially within the budget and positions required (which luckily for us is every position!)

May be one of those lucky enough to attend can ask perleeeeease
  • I wonder how many times Lee has seen any of them “live” with a view to specifically watching them .
    Or does Gallen just video him a load of players potentially within the budget and positions required (which luckily for us is every position!)

May be one of those lucky enough to attend can ask perleeeeease

Since it is you Dave, I'll try.
  • Sponsored links:

• Big question is will LB still be caretaker next Thursday?

How much longer can Duchatelet drag this on?

Of course, Bowyer and Jackson would be due pay rises to reflect their new positions which is a big incentive to Roland to keep it dragging on.
  • By an unusual quirk of fate I am doing an assignment in the Wetherspoon pub down the road. Fully intended to do it at lunchtime but tempted to do it in the evening and pop along for this. What's the parking restrictions like being it's near a train station?
  • Bumpety Bump
  • By an unusual quirk of fate I am doing an assignment in the Wetherspoon pub down the road. Fully intended to do it at lunchtime but tempted to do it in the evening and pop along for this. What's the parking restrictions like being it's near a train station?

Street parking fine after 6.30

Well that's out then !

How much ?

:smile:
  • Should be a fun evening especially with recent events in the last 2 weeks
  • edited September 2018
    Thus needs ot be bumped again. Henry can you add the full address of the venue so that I google map directions there pls mate. Thank you. Especially as this is the biggest event of the year so far. :smile:
  • Rudders22 said:

Thus needs ot be bumped again. Henry can you add the full address of the venue so that I google map directions there pls mate. Thank you. Especially as this is the biggest event of the year so far. :smile:

To save @Henry Irving the trouble...

Royal British Legion Club
    Queensway
    Orpington
    BR5 1DH
  • Thanks a lot Sage

You get a fine after 6.30?