Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Bowyer and Steve Gallen at Bromley Addicks 6th Sept. 7.30-9pm. (Now Members Only)

Comments

• Options

Only just realised that Steve Gallen isnt the man I've always thought he was

I always thought he was a very good Striker for Queens Park Rangers in the 90s yet that was his brother Kevin!!

i thought the same until you just said that.
    It was only @Athletico Charlton saying he'd never heard of him that made me question it
  • Options
    Was anyone turned away at the door, due to the Members only rule?
  • Options
    A great evening well organised, worth crossing the road for. I will be back for the next event.
  • Options
    yes we know what they both look like but what did they say??????????????????//
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Was anyone turned away at the door, due to the Members only rule?

No, we could have got more in but there was someone from the venue keeping an eye on the numbers.
  • Options
    Sark99 said:

A great evening well organised, worth crossing the road for. I will be back for the next event.

Good to meet you, and see your house from the window.
  • Options

I always thought he was a very good Striker for Queens Park Rangers in the 90s yet that was his brother Kevin!!

I thought the same until I read this haha
  • Options

I thought the same until I read this haha
    His elder brother Joe is assistant manager at Pompey .
  • Options

yes we know what they both look like but what did they say??????????????????//

iainment said he'd do the minutes in real time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any actual info from the meeting .. seeing as I was not allowed to go as a non-member unlike last years with KR.
  • Options

Any actual info from the meeting .. seeing as I was not allowed to go as a non-member unlike last years with KR.

Well, that's motivating me to stop doing paid work and type up what happened.
    Henry as someone who has always been an admirer of your fashion sense any chance you can stop paid work to send some minutes. cheers
    Hi @roseandcrown , happy to.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Well, that's motivating me to stop doing paid work and type up what happened.
    Henry as someone who has always been an admirer of your fashion sense any chance you can stop paid work to send some minutes. cheers
    Hi @roseandcrown , happy to.
    good man - see i always knew you was a top guy, someone give him a promote.

@iborg look into it?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Biggest news of the evening and I haven’t even checked that I am allowed to post this is that our present owner is actually pronounced Ro-Lond...

No wonder the guy hates us, we’ve been saying his name wrong the entire time.

Owww I’m so embarrassed.
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

Biggest news of the evening and I haven’t even checked that I am allowed to post this is that our present owner is actually pronounced Ro-Lond...

No wonder the guy hates us, we’ve been saying his name wrong the entire time.

Owww I’m so embarrassed.
    It's why Katty Meire always called him "the owner" because the domme mensen (us) would not understand if she pronounced Rrrro-Lon properly.
  • Options
    Interesting, of course getting your number 1 or 2 target also depends in how realistic they were in the first place. I can't imagine Bowyer being the sort to target someone who was a 1 in 100 shot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Part one

Lee Bowyer (LB) on coming back to Bromley Addicks

"It was a lot easier last year as Karl did all the talking"

Steve Gallen's (SG) role

Heads up a team of 4 scouts with one in the NW, SW, NE and SE plus himself. Use a Scout 7 datebase, which lots of clubs do, to record all this info. Been with club for 18 months. In months before window opens will finalise with LB and JJ what is needed eg if a centre forward will have six, seven or eight ranked targets.

Will aim to get no.1 or No. 2 with a winger or centre back but harder with goalscorers but this summer all were 1s or 2s.

Agents - had to learn to get along with them and now they are all my "friends". before this role had the usual low opinion of them but some are OK (ex-pros like Luke Young are usually more realistic. LY is Wes O'hoolihan's agent who was on trial with us for a week but we went with Ward instead, partly as Wes in now 36.

SG said he and Lee were "emotionally and physically exhausted" by last Friday but pretty pleased with the business down. SG told LB that "all we've got to do now is win matches".

Job now is to tie down the assets (Grant, Fosu, Page, Aribo, Philips) to longer contracts. This is something "rrow-lund" (both LB and SG referred to Duchatelet in this way, pronoucing it in what I assume is the Dutch manner) wants and LB and SG want.

Agents an issue though as some telling the players they are world beaters when they aren't.

Thanks @Henry Irving. Wasn't meaning to have a dig at anyone. Just frustrating not being at a meeting that I regularly attend & the next day just reading clique posts from those there.
  • Options
    So Luke Young is now a Football Agent... interesting
  • Options

Part one

Lee Bowyer (LB) on coming back to Bromley Addicks

"It was a lot easier last year as Karl did all the talking"

Steve Gallen's (SG) role

Heads up a team of 4 scouts with one in the NW, SW, NE and SE plus himself. Use a Scout 7 datebase, which lots of clubs do, to record all this info. Been with club for 18 months. In months before window opens will finalise with LB and JJ what is needed eg if a centre forward will have six, seven or eight ranked targets.

Will aim to get no.1 or No. 2 with a winger or centre back but harder with goalscorers but this summer all were 1s or 2s.

Agents - had to learn to get along with them and now they are all my "friends". before this role had the usual low opinion of them but some are OK (ex-pros like Luke Young are usually more realistic. LY is Wes O'hoolihan's agent who was on trial with us for a week but we went with Ward instead, partly as Wes in now 36.

SG said he and Lee were "emotionally and physically exhausted" by last Friday but pretty pleased with the business down. SG told LB that "all we've got to do now is win matches".

Job now is to tie down the assets (Grant, Fosu, Page, Aribo, Philips) to longer contracts. This is something "rrow-lund" (both LB and SG referred to Duchatelet in this way, pronoucing it in what I assume is the Dutch manner) wants and LB and SG want.

Agents an issue though as some telling the players they are world beaters when they aren't.

Thanks @Henry Irving. Wasn't meaning to have a dig at anyone. Just frustrating not being at a meeting that I regularly attend & the next day just reading clique posts from those there.
    So you have another dig. You only had to sign up and you could have come, plenty of others did.
  • Options

So Luke Young is now a Football Agent... interesting

He sat near me on Tuesday night. I didn't realise it was him until the second half.
  • Options

Part Three

The play-offs and what's been learnt

LB: "I don't want to name names but Josh Maginnes missed two headers in the first half of the first game"

"If it had been Lyle Taylor he would have taken those chances"

"Taylor is one chance, score", we're (now) defensively strong.

LB praised Prately a lot as maybe not the best technical player but works very hard, wins the ball and plays it to a Charlton player.

SG said last season that some teams saw us as a soft touch, not this year.

LB said I demand a lot from the players, very physical.

SG said players respect Lee as the manager, doesn't matter about the job title. Added agents did ask "is Lee going to stay as manager?"

A little bit harsh on Josh, Lyle will miss chances as well. Agreed about the physicality, we were definitely soft last season, KR tended to bring in "nice" players
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Blimey Taylor hasn’t had many chances so far then..
  • Options
    razil said:

Blimey Tatlor hasn’t had many chances so far then..

he hasn't, hence why we haven't won enough games.