Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Bowyer and Steve Gallen at Bromley Addicks 6th Sept. 7.30-9pm. (Now Members Only)

Comments

• Options
    Thanks @Henry Irving . I know you’d of put on a cracking evening mate.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

Thanks but very much not just me. I just nag @Tracey to get the guests and plug it on social media.

@killerjerrylee chairs the meetings and @wwtone organises the venue.

And @Fumbluff put the chairs out.

Anyone local who fancies being more involved get in touch as we could do with so fresh blood on the committee.
  • Options

ozaddick said:

Thanks but very much not just me. I just nag @Tracey to get the guests and plug it on social media.

@killerjerrylee chairs the meetings and @wwtone organises the venue.

And @Fumbluff put the chairs out.

Anyone local who fancies being more involved get in touch as we could do with so fresh blood on the committee.
    No doubt a team effort mate. I Enjoyed my visit a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    Interesting to read the notes, thanks @henry.
  • Options
    Gallen sounds like the brains of the operation. One piece of KR's legacy worth being grateful for.
  • Options

Many thanks for all the reports, Henry.
    Much appreciated.

And now I'm hungry for ...... more, please! :neutral:
  • Options
    Thanks for the report back @Henry Irving

I really like how open LB seems to be about his views.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Gallen sounds like the brains of the operation. One piece of KR's legacy worth being grateful for.

Gallen could easily be a coach, he's not the typical scout who just watches players and reports back, I think that was a deliberate choice
  • Options
    Thanks for the write up @Henry Irving definitely appreciated by everyone who wasn't there.

Question though, was anything more said about why the Arsenal director of football was there? Was it simply to check on Bielik or another reason?
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Love Gallen's plans to go to Belfast to ensure Cullen knows we're thinking about him

Thats a proper Charlton thing to do and shows there are signs we can get back to the club we were when Roland fucks off

Fuck off "rrow-lund"
  • Options
    Some great feedback, they both sound impressive. Leaves a very positive feeling.
  • Options
    Good feedback. Bow and Gallen are decent geezers.
  • Options
    Hi Sage, I've quoted you on the ref penalty thread .... and wondered what you thought about Bowyer's comments last night re the ref's penalty decision v Peterboro?
  • Options
    @Henry Irving ...the other Arsenal player sounds like it would be Eddie Nketiah. 19 year old striker, 24 goals in 35 games last year.

https://www.arsenal.com/academy/players/eddie-nketiah
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the reports Henry, made interesting reading
  • Options
    good work Henry thanks
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

@Henry Irving ...the other Arsenal player sounds like it would be Eddie Nketiah. 19 year old striker, 24 goals in 35 games last year.

Thanks @TelMc32 can't be 100% but think you are right.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Hi Sage, I've quoted you on the ref penalty thread .... and wondered what you thought about Bowyer's comments last night re the ref's penalty decision v Peterboro?

Hi @Oggy Red, I am unsure if you meant to quote me as I couldn’t find it in that thread but I am answered your question to my best of my ability anyway.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Thanks @TelMc32 can't be 100% but think you are right.
    Eddie Nketiah.

Excellent player, local lad too. Small and very quick, skilful and likes to play on the shoulder of the defenders. Only 19 and making appearances for England U21, a loan maybe in January or next season for him would be good for his development. Would be more than happy if he came here.
  • Options
    Nketiah has also been training with the England senior side this week, Southgate called him up to make up the numbers after some players withdrew, so that shows he's well regarded.

Has 15 goals in 16 games for the England junior sides according to wikipedia.
  • Options

Part Six

Tactics

Q: Why don't we leave someone up for corners?

LB: We do. Karlan is up but in an area where if they play it short he has the pace to get back and cover.

We do that so Karlan has two players on him which means we have a completely spare player who can attack the ball so we do leave a player up, just not on the half-way line

Q: Why don't we vary the way we play the ball out, we always pass it out and don't go long?

LB: In this division teams want you to do play it long, they want to make it physical. You'll win some but you'll lose more.

We have footballer. We have physical players but we don't want to be one of those teams. We are a footballing side, all good on the ball. We work on moving the ball in training, we're not going to go long and physical.

Q: But shouldn't we mix it up more?

We do, The opposition stop you. I want them to play it up the pitch not just lump it and get 2nd ball like Peterbrough. Lots of teams play long, get it wide and cross it. That's all they can do. We can deal with the crosses.

Q: What have you learnt from previous coaches?

LB: Had a lot of international coaches.

From Terry Venables I saw that win or lose he's just say "see you on Monday" and we'd talk about the game then. I asked him about it and he said what is going to be gained by me talking to you when your adrenalin is up, your angry or whatever.

I thought that was good so I tried it but then at Wimbledon away last year I couldn't. I have not amber, i'm either green or red. After that game I tore into them.

So I tried the talk on Monday idea from Venables but it didnt work for me.

Q: What did you learn from Karl Robinson?

LB: I learnt you can't just play one formation

It works for him but I look at it differently. We were predictable. I analyse the other team, look had turning their strenghts into weakness and exploiting their weaknesses.

We don't have a set formation. You need a plan b and a plan c.

I'm not knocking Karl, he's a good coach and I learnt a lot from him. He's done more than me, he's won promotion.

I did hear towards the end of KR time both LB and JJ was trying to get him to adapt and was frustrated that he would not.