Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bauer - won't be renewing contract

Comments

• Options

Interesting scenario. Bauer and Aribo get sold late on Thursday and we don’t get any replacements. Bowyer, Jacko, Euell and anyone else on the staff with any self respect say “fuck this, we’re off” on Friday. What actually happens next?

Welcome to Charlton Nobby Vinegar.
  • Options

Interesting scenario. Bauer and Aribo get sold late on Thursday and we don’t get any replacements. Bowyer, Jacko, Euell and anyone else on the staff with any self respect say “fuck this, we’re off” on Friday. What actually happens next?

we play the women's team … and get promoted ?
  • Options

Karel Fraeye returns...
  • Options

Who is there at the club to offer a contract? does Bowyer even have a contract?

LDV is in the building tomorrow until Thursday I suspect.............he'll possibly deal with contracts & any player sales before deadline at 5pm Thursday.
    LDV ..is that Leyland Daf Vanman ?
    Yes, he’s the know-nothing finance man that Rolando flies over to a posh hotel every week so he can tell everyone how to save money by cancelling water and eating less cheesy-peas...
  • Options

Sue Perks to take over as caretaker.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

I don’t blame him, Id want out as well. I’m actually amazed that Pratley and Taylor signed for us.

On the face of it mate I agree but it was a personal crusade by Bowyer to get local boy Taylor and imo a final pay day for Pratley.
  • Options
    I doubt RD would appoint one of his own - assuming a takeover is still on the cards. Perhaps that would be one of our biggest indicators yet. If it's still on I'd assume Jackson and/or Euell if Bowyer walks.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Sue Perks to take over as caretaker.
    New caretaker bounce?
  • Options

If those sales happen I can see Bowyer departing. I don’t see Jackson following him. Think he would tough it out.

• Options

Patrick is well settled in SE London, as I believe is his new missus. He is very well regarded by the other players, and by the coaches. He regrets career-wise another year in L1, but he would be a reluctant mover. Yet another career blighted by the toxic Belgian dilettante. The tweets Pat sent are pukka, sadly.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

If those sales happen I can see Bowyer departing. I don’t see Jackson following him. Think he would tough it out.

If those two go the season ticket will go back
  • Options

I wonder what LB will do if Bauer & Aribo are sold by Thursday.........

tell RD to do one & he's been lied to (wasn't he also supposed to have been made manager before last Saturday)

or just suck it up & come out with his...."it is what it is"

Agree with this, I would expect LB to walk away, and frankly who could blame him, the Bauer situation if correctly reported must be pretty rich to stomach. Add Aribo in that, it would need one hell of a conversation to convince any manager. What depths we have sunk to?.
    There needs to be a very clear message given to this owner, and answers given, If not forthcoming...... then protest in my opinion.
    If it means joining ROT so be it, I guess another year of protest for me. Have to wait and see what the board of CAST and CARD come up with, I do not envy them!.......
  • Options

Is a Season Ticket refundable?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Is a Season Ticket refundable?

When I slung my season ticket back over the counter the year we played man u in the quarter final I received a cheque in the post.
  • Options

Patrick is well settled in SE London, as I believe is his new missus. He is very well regarded by the other players, and by the coaches. He regrets career-wise another year in L1, but he would be a reluctant mover. Yet another career blighted by the toxic Belgian dilettante. The tweets Pat sent are pukka, sadly.

I genuinely don't see him moving to any old club this week, when he can run his contract down instead and wait and see. He can talk to overseas clubs in January if he's thinking of returning home, for example.
  • Options
    PWR

Bowyer is being lied to, says Bauer has been offered a new deal, Bauer says he hasn’t & wouldn’t sign one anyway.

Can see Bowyer walking if, as I expect, he’s not allowed to sign a replacement for JFC despite what he said post-match on Saturday.

Bauer, Aribo & Ajose could all be out the door before we kick off on Saturday
  • Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options

Bauer is decent but it's not as if he's irreplaceable .. I should thing that (e.g.) Ward would do a good job at central defence, there are always experienced big ol boys around looking for a club (if we pay the wages of course) and who knows, Sarr might suddenly bloom and blossom, he might even become a decent defender

I think you’ve missed the point here. It’s not a matter of whether Bauer is easily replaceable or not. It’s a matter that one of our current key players, aged 25, hasn’t been offered a new contract. If our owner isn’t willing to do that, then replacing him with an unknown quantity from outside the club isn’t going to be very likely is it?
  • Options

We riot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No, he won't move to just anywhere, or necessarily home. But when you are as honest and loyal as he is, you are entitled to proper respect in return. This is not a one-way street. I'm sure the young man is not actively canvassing offers, but should his agent learn of interest it would be foolish to think it would not even be considered. Because of the owner, no other reason.

Proud of what you've hatched here, Roland? Silly question - of course you are ....

If you're reading this, Paddy - just not Millwall, eh?!
  • Options
    Bowyer will be next 100% to walk away he mustve been told bauer had been made an offer to put out the" Patrick has been amde an offer and is considering his options" statement last week

the aussies got something right the next 2 weeks will be nervey
  • Options

PWR

Bowyer is being lied to, says Bauer has been offered a new deal, Bauer says he hasn’t & wouldn’t sign one anyway.

Can see Bowyer walking if, as I expect, he’s not allowed to sign a replacement for JFC despite what he said post-match on Saturday.

Bowyer addresses the Bauer tweet here

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b6870a50e5c8/bowyer-on-impressive-lapslie-transfer-deadline-day-and-patrick-bauer
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    DA9 said:

PWR

Bowyer addresses the Bauer tweet here

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b6870a50e5c8/bowyer-on-impressive-lapslie-transfer-deadline-day-and-patrick-bauer
    I kinda agree with Bowyer there. was it really necessary to post it on social media that you have no inclination to extend your current contract? I know he wants to make it clear that he hasn't been offered (in writing anyway) a new better contract but we haven't seen any of the other players who also only have a year left start posting about it on twitter.

i know all must be frustrated with Roland and how difficult it is to get anything signed off but i think this just makes it even more difficult. though he probably, understandably, is making it obvious he wants out.