Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bauer - won't be renewing contract

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Bauer has been a solid player for us. He's a tad overrated by some I think but a solid centre-half for League One and I highly doubt we'd do much better regardless of ownership.
  • Options

clb74 said:

Interesting scenario. Bauer and Aribo get sold late on Thursday and we don’t get any replacements. Bowyer, Jacko, Euell and anyone else on the staff with any self respect say “fuck this, we’re off” on Friday. What actually happens next?

If those sales happen I can see Bowyer departing. I don’t see Jackson following him. Think he would tough it out.

If those two go the season ticket will go back
    You mean yours has turned up? Do you live in Floyd Road, did somebody walk it round?
    Unfortunately not.
  • Options

I don't blame any player for wanting to leave our shambles of a club. Still can't work out why Taylor joined?

Location location location. If we’d been competing with any clubs closer to London, I’m sure we’d have lost out.

I’m sure he got a pay rise leaving Wimbledon, but there’s a very real chance we’ll finish below them this season so, career prospects wise, he might actually have been better off staying where he was.
    Not true. He explained to Sunderland fans that it had nothing to do with location, when it would have been easier to say it was.

Let's not knock the old club too much eh, it at least has history.
  • Options

I think some people are a little bit unrealistic in their expectations. Put yourself in his position for a bit, in relation to your own careers. If you worked for a company as dysfunctional as Charlton, with management that had lied to you constantly, cashed in on your co-workers and left you to prop the place up, whilst your former co-workers had all gone on to a better, stable job in the same line of business, where you didn't even need to go to an interview before being offered more money over a longer term, with better prospects and out of a poisonous atmosphere - you're telling me you wouldn't jump ship at the earliest opportunity? I'd say that it's a miracle he's still here at all FFS!

Amen to that brother. Good post.