Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bauer - won't be renewing contract

Comments

• Options
    For those suggesting they might want to chop in their season tickets, it may be that the Consumer Contracts Regulations are your friend - at least if you bought on-line or by post rather than in person.

According to Which "your right to cancel an order starts the moment you place your order and doesn't end until 14 days from the day you receive your goods.

As this 14-day period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel, the seller can’t say that you must have returned the goods within this time-frame."

There might be some grey area regarding whether season tickets are goods or services but worth a shout I'd have thought.

It would certainly make a point if enough people applied for a refund.
  • Options
    George Lapslie made his first [league] start for the first team and what a place to go and do it. It was good for him, I thought he did well. He handled it well, he did himself no harm, he should be proud of his performance.

"To concede like we did at the end, we didn’t deserve to lose that game, so the lads are in good spirits because they know the situation and the way things are at the moment. They know that once we start getting a few more bodies back in and a few more bodies through the door that things will be changing."

On prepping for transfer deadline day…

"It has to be positive. It’s difficult as we have a budget and we want to bring in the best players we can. That’s why I am here now, it’s 4pm and after this I’ll be going up there [back to my office] and watching more clips and speaking to more agents because we want to bring in the best players we can who are best for the team. It’s a long season and at this time things have to be done right.

"The top, top ones [players] are not really in our budget but they might become in our budget the longer we wait. Do you take a gamble and take a more average player or do you sit it out and hope that you won’t get this player today but in a week’s time you might be able to get him? Obviously for the permanents Thursday is the last day but we’re looking at the bigger picture as well.

On Patrick Bauer…

"Nothing has really changed regarding Pat. I’ve spoken to him myself. Steve Gallen (chief scout) has been in contact with his agent constantly. Obviously, Blackburn keep coming in and there is back and forth regarding Pat and the situation but it ain’t changed and it ain’t going to change. It disappoints me because he’s been badly advised to go and put something out on social media and it’s wrong. Verbally he has been offered a contract and his advisor said ‘No, Pat’s not interested in a new deal and he won’t sign a new deal’. Pat’s even said that in his own little statement that he won’t be signing a new deal. So it has been verbal, has it been written down, an offer? No, because there is no point writing it down if the agent is saying ‘no, he’s not interested anyway’.

“I understand Pat’s frustration. He’s a good player, that’s why Blackburn are interested in him and that’s why we don’t want to lose him because he’s important for us in our promotion this year, so why would we want to let him go? We’d be crazy to let him go and the owner recognises that and that’s why he said ‘no’ to their offer, or two or three offers, or however many they’ve made. He’s important to us. He’s a good player and a good lad. I know he hasn’t done this to be spiteful but I just think the timing of it with all the injuries and other things going on around the club, I just don’t think the timing is good. It disappoints me but I know this isn’t coming from Pat, I know he’s a good lad.”
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2018

George Lapslie made his first [league] start for the first team and what a place to go and do it. It was good for him, I thought he did well. He handled it well, he did himself no harm, he should be proud of his performance.

"To concede like we did at the end, we didn’t deserve to lose that game, so the lads are in good spirits because they know the situation and the way things are at the moment. They know that once we start getting a few more bodies back in and a few more bodies through the door that things will be changing."

"It has to be positive. It’s difficult as we have a budget and we want to bring in the best players we can. That’s why I am here now, it’s 4pm and after this I’ll be going up there [back to my office] and watching more clips and speaking to more agents because we want to bring in the best players we can who are best for the team. It’s a long season and at this time things have to be done right.

"The top, top ones [players] are not really in our budget but they might become in our budget the longer we wait. Do you take a gamble and take a more average player or do you sit it out and hope that you won’t get this player today but in a week’s time you might be able to get him? Obviously for the permanents Thursday is the last day but we’re looking at the bigger picture as well.

On Patrick Bauer…

"Nothing has really changed regarding Pat. I’ve spoken to him myself. Steve Gallen (chief scout) has been in contact with his agent constantly. Obviously, Blackburn keep coming in and there is back and forth regarding Pat and the situation but it ain’t changed and it ain’t going to change. It disappoints me because he’s been badly advised to go and put something out on social media and it’s wrong. Verbally he has been offered a contract and his advisor said ‘No, Pat’s not interested in a new deal and he won’t sign a new deal’. Pat’s even said that in his own little statement that he won’t be signing a new deal. So it has been verbal, has it been written down, an offer? No, because there is no point writing it down if the agent is saying ‘no, he’s not interested anyway’.

“I understand Pat’s frustration. He’s a good player, that’s why Blackburn are interested in him and that’s why we don’t want to lose him because he’s important for us in our promotion this year, so why would we want to let him go? We’d be crazy to let him go and the owner recognises that and that’s why he said ‘no’ to their offer, or two or three offers, or however many they’ve made. He’s important to us. He’s a good player and a good lad. I know he hasn’t done this to be spiteful but I just think the timing of it with all the injuries and other things going on around the club, I just don’t think the timing is good. It disappoints me but I know this isn’t coming from Pat, I know he’s a good lad.”

Why Lee Bowyer respects Duchatelet’s word when RD has shafted & lied to every other coach & manager so far is anybody’s guess. Duchatelet is looting the club & selling off any player with value just like he did at Liege.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

cafctom said:

Bauer is decent but it's not as if he's irreplaceable .. I should thing that (e.g.) Ward would do a good job at central defence, there are always experienced big ol boys around looking for a club (if we pay the wages of course) and who knows, Sarr might suddenly bloom and blossom, he might even become a decent defender

I think you’ve missed the point here. It’s not a matter of whether Bauer is easily replaceable or not. It’s a matter that one of our current key players, aged 25, hasn’t been offered a new contract. If our owner isn’t willing to do that, then replacing him with an unknown quantity from outside the club isn’t going to be very likely is it?
    Step forward, Mr Joe Cummings.
    Hasn't yet got a squad number, as far as I'm aware.

• Options
    vff said:

On Patrick Bauer…

...... Duchatelet is looting the club & selling off any player with value just like he did at Liege.
    It was a sign of the end game for Dushitelet at Standard Liege.

Well, we can only hope.

• Options
    cabbles said:

would Bromley loan us Roger Johnson?

Good grief, it’s not that bad is it?
  • Options
    Absolutely shocked to see so many people sticking up for Bauer. Any other player, everyone would be slagging him off. Get rid of him. You lot buying into the fact he's come out and said this due to the state of our club is a moron.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Bowyer :

"The top, top ones [players] are not really in our budget but they might become in our budget the longer we wait. Do you take a gamble and take a more average player or do you sit it out and hope that you won’t get this player today but in a week’s time you might be able to get him? Obviously for the permanents Thursday is the last day but we’re looking at the bigger picture as well."

So is he expecting the sale to happen 'in a week's time'?

That’s not what he’s saying. He’s saying do they spend what little cash (wages or fee) they have on an average player now or wait until better players become desperate for a move and therefore lower their demands closer to the deadline.
  • Options

Absolutely shocked to see so many people sticking up for Bauer. Any other player, everyone would be slagging him off. Get rid of him. You lot buying into the fact he's come out and said this due to the state of our club is a moron.

Think the state of club plays a massive part this season.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    What I don’t get is that surely any player sale/s will be reflected in the final sale price anyway.

We sell Bauer for 500k during negotiations, then surely the buyers offer is reduced by 500k or the value of that asset (Bauer) at the time at least.

Other than possibly getting cash in (if those are the terms) to pay running costs, what other benefit does a fire sale afford Duchatalet?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Bowyer :

"The top, top ones [players] are not really in our budget but they might become in our budget the longer we wait. Do you take a gamble and take a more average player or do you sit it out and hope that you won’t get this player today but in a week’s time you might be able to get him? Obviously for the permanents Thursday is the last day but we’re looking at the bigger picture as well."

So is he expecting the sale to happen 'in a week's time'?

That’s not what he’s saying. He’s saying do they spend what little cash (wages or fee) they have on an average player now or wait until better players become desperate for a move and therefore lower their demands closer to the deadline.
    Yeah i get that now.
  • Options
    wake me up when its all over... if there is still a football club here, all the better.
  • Options

cabbles said:

would Bromley loan us Roger Johnson?

Good grief, it’s not that bad is it?
    If you don’t like it, as someone once said, “Fook off “.
  • Options

Talal said:

Interesting scenario. Bauer and Aribo get sold late on Thursday and we don’t get any replacements. Bowyer, Jacko, Euell and anyone else on the staff with any self respect say “fuck this, we’re off” on Friday. What actually happens next?

Sue Perks to take over as caretaker.
    Maybe she's already in charge. That would explain why the youth teams' breakfasts went missing
    Not heard much from that pillock recently.

I suppose she has been muzzled like her (old) mate.
  • Options

Daggs said:

PWR.

If Bauer wants to leave? let him go, while there's a vague chance we could get in a replacement (loanee probably) Things are bad enough at our club, it won't get any better with reluctant players in the team.
    I want players who care, he obviously doesn't.
    (yes I know he's pretty good at this level, but he wants out, clearly)

I think this is the first time I've taken strong written issue with stuff on here but I'll not let the above go unchallenged.

As Patrick spells out clearly enough - As long as I am wearing the Charlton shirt I will give everything for you Addicks and the football club to be as successful as possible. In his case the cliche about getting rid of a reluctant player is tantamount to libel. I'll admit that my loyalty to him might be seen as reason enough to doubt my objectivity, but over the past three years I've never once had cause to question my judgement or my great pride in being one of his sponsors.
    The BFG is the straightest of arrows, and I've let him know that if he's still here on Friday morning - marauding clubs, his hyperactive agent and our shameless owner notwithstanding - I'll be happy to sign on for another year. And btw, what you get for being a CAFC shirt sponsor is actually the thick end of bugger all, but I'm sure most of you will have guessed that anyway.

As for my moronic belief that the present state of PB5's affairs is attributable to the chronic condition of the club - well, guilty as charged. LB's comments have regrettably not helped, but that's what happens under such divisive and senseless ownership as we have had to suffer since, well, forever or so it seems. My 65th season has begun (yawn, yawn), and in the 96th minute with an almighty kick in the nuts as so often has been the case. RD has torn our club to shreds and left us as we are today. I thought the day that EK15 was sold combined with the news from Ibiza was a low point, but Friday (JFC) was bad, Saturday was worse (Pearce and 1-2), and now this today.

It seems that what RD should do he won't and what potential buyers could have done they haven't managed yet. We are stuck in this purgatory, this vortex of nonsense, this excremental gridlock, this waiting room of Hell, and like our Godforsaken endless sweltering Summer there's no relief in sight. My Addicks heyday was the 90s, and sadly they begin to seem as far distant now as Bartram and Seed ....

Let's not forget also, given what has already been stated about others at the club (Fosu & Aribo), the nature of the "contract offer" may not actually be very good - possibly not even on a par with what others in this Division get paid.

A cynic, or someone who believes that Duchatelet is looking to strip the assets, might argue that there is a deliberate effort being made to unsettle players going in to the last year of their current deals, in the hopes of making them more willing to move.

In the real world it would look a bit like constructive dismissal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Daggs said:

PWR.

If Bauer wants to leave? let him go, while there's a vague chance we could get in a replacement (loanee probably) Things are bad enough at our club, it won't get any better with reluctant players in the team.

Why do people “PWR” on something like this? It’s like actually declaring that you are ignorant.

This is a forum, which assumes that it’s for debate, surely one of the fundamental principles of a debate is to listen to the arguments of others rather than just spout off any old nonsense that enters your head?
  • Options
    While I have some understanding of the BFG's position, the annoyance and frustration is clear in Bowyer's response - he is well fed up given our injury/ squad situation at a time when he is desperately trying to build team spirit and hold it all together. Then Bauer publicly puts his own interests before all that.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Daggs said:

PWR.

Why do people “PWR” on something like this? It’s like actually declaring that you are ignorant.

This is a forum, which assumes that it’s for debate, surely one of the fundamental principles of a debate is to listen to the arguments of others rather than just spout off any old nonsense that enters your head?
    PWR

YesNo
  • Options
    The only reason we should t let him go is that no one else will come in to replace him

Any other time I’d be telling him to F off then

BFG

BFGC
  • Options
    Saddened by this, I like Pat a lot - a good player and has come across as a decent bloke who fitted in around the place.

This does smell of agent influence to me, but of course Pat is a big boy and doesn’t have to listen to everything his agent tells him.

I don’t blame him for wanting out one bit, he’s better than League 1 and it’s patently obvious that the team is not going up this season, so, with a short career, I can’t criticise him for wanting to move on sooner than later. I’m sure he could have left last summer too so I don’t think he owes us another season particularly. It’s worth remembering the club went public with some of this first when they announced he wouldn’t be leaving, which was always a premature thing to say given the transfer window was still open at the time.

I’ll wish him well when he leaves, but if he wants out I’m inclined to let him go. With all the other handicaps we have this season, we simply cannot risk carrying unhappy players. The trouble is, of course, we are already desperately short on numbers as it is so can we afford to let him go knowing he may not be replaced and if he is it will they be nearly as good? I suspect than answer is no to both those questions.

I feel for Bowyer, there are rocks and hard places every which way he turns right now.

• Options
    I understand, Rick, but can also appreciate why Bowyer thinks it's a kick in the teeth.
  • Options

Daggs said:

PWR.

I think this is the first time I've taken strong written issue with stuff on here but I'll not let the above go unchallenged.

As Patrick spells out clearly enough - As long as I am wearing the Charlton shirt I will give everything for you Addicks and the football club to be as successful as possible. In his case the cliche about getting rid of a reluctant player is tantamount to libel. I'll admit that my loyalty to him might be seen as reason enough to doubt my objectivity, but over the past three years I've never once had cause to question my judgement or my great pride in being one of his sponsors.
    The BFG is the straightest of arrows, and I've let him know that if he's still here on Friday morning - marauding clubs, his hyperactive agent and our shameless owner notwithstanding - I'll be happy to sign on for another year. And btw, what you get for being a CAFC shirt sponsor is actually the thick end of bugger all, but I'm sure most of you will have guessed that anyway.

As for my moronic belief that the present state of PB5's affairs is attributable to the chronic condition of the club - well, guilty as charged. LB's comments have regrettably not helped, but that's what happens under such divisive and senseless ownership as we have had to suffer since, well, forever or so it seems. My 65th season has begun (yawn, yawn), and in the 96th minute with an almighty kick in the nuts as so often has been the case. RD has torn our club to shreds and left us as we are today. I thought the day that EK15 was sold combined with the news from Ibiza was a low point, but Friday (JFC) was bad, Saturday was worse (Pearce and 1-2), and now this today.

It seems that what RD should do he won't and what potential buyers could have done they haven't managed yet. We are stuck in this purgatory, this vortex of nonsense, this excremental gridlock, this waiting room of Hell, and like our Godforsaken endless sweltering Summer there's no relief in sight. My Addicks heyday was the 90s, and sadly they begin to seem as far distant now as Bartram and Seed ....

I'd wait until the 31st just to make sure you are not throwing your money down the sink