Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018/2019 Betting Thread

Comments

• Levante/Barcelona tonight I got Barce to score in each half and Barce 4+ corners each half at 33-1. Doesn't seem too outlandish to me although it's a cup game so probably won't see any of the big guns playing.
  • Always think corners is really hard to predict.
    City only had 7 last night.
  • Levante/Barcelona tonight I got Barce to score in each half and Barce 4+ corners each half at 33-1. Doesn't seem too outlandish to me although it's a cup game so probably won't see any of the big guns playing.

Looks like a great bet. Messi doesn't like being rested so will probably feature at some point even if only as a sub. Don't think they tend to make the sort of wholesale changes that bigger English clubs do for domestic cups.
  • edited January 2019

Always think corners is really hard to predict.

Oh absolutely, had many a bet let me down on corners! There's just something about those style bets that always reels me in!

I like doing them for games I can watch on telly/online, it adds a bit more spice to viewing for me on games I wouldn't otherwise be overly interested in. Plus in my experience 33-1 seems generous considering its such an attacking side in barce - I've seen similar bets with odds like 18-1 - only got 3 quid on for a 3 figure return so worth a shot to me!

(Look out for me at about ten tonight where I retract this whole post when it loses lol)
  • Actually one more thing to say - just had a look on sky bet (my 33-1 is on betfair) they aren't offering many of these type but a goal in each half and 4 corners each half is 13/8 - obviously not the same bet but the closest.I can see just for context.
  • Always think corners is really hard to predict.

Yep - cost me a nice #betyourway

have you got a link to the bet?

have you got a link to the bet?
    https://www.betfair.com/sport/football/event/29059118?tab=popular

It's under odds on that 10/1-49/1.

Persue it at your own risk though lol I'm not having the best of luck this season!!!
  • Messi, Suarez and Rakitic and Pique not even on bench

Messi, Suarez and Pique where the 5 goalscorers when they met at Levante a few weeks ago
  • Barca getting beat 2 nil after 20 mins. Cup games and betting....
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah pretty much sums up my betting luck this season.
  • The Bowyer cup attitude is thriving with Barcalona !
  • Valverde direct quote; "the league is my priority. What do I learn from getting Real Madrid in the next round and losing 8-0?"
  • Valverde direct quote; "the league is my priority. What do I learn from getting Real Madrid in the next round and losing 8-0?"

WTF
    if thats the case then why bother with The Champions League, I mean if you get through just to lose 8-0 to Real Madrid.
  • Bloody bookies, they want it all ways. I backed a dog at Monmore this afternoon £100 at 3/1. The race then had a withdrawal and reserve came in. The dog withdrawn was a 7/2 shot, the dog who came in was not priced up in a reformed market. However, my selection was now made 9/4, I contacted Paddy and they said I am on at SP. So if my selection is gambled which is likely, last time out 5/2 to 5/4 I am on at SP. Surely I should be able to take the 9/4 or void the bet.
  • Blackpool were 40/1 to get relegated earlier today. Now they’re as short as 8/1.
  • edited January 2019

Blackpool were 40/1 to get relegated earlier today. Now they’re as short as 8/1.

Have I missed something, are they getting a points deduction or what.

Currently 11th so why has so much money gone on them to be relegated today
  • Blackpool were 40/1 to get relegated earlier today. Now they’re as short as 8/1.

Have I missed something, are they getting a points deduction or what.

Currently 11th so why has so much money gone on them to be relegated today
    https://www.blackpoolsupporterstrust.com/Site/LatestNews.aspx?NewId=171&fbclid=IwAR0B8oKtxl5N8tyZvnditb1fAaj33os1b0aF40y5J27GNF-p0PnHIdrlHy8
  • edited January 2019
    I prefer the 16/1 for Accrington to be relegated. They have been pumped by 3 goals in 3 of their last 5 matches.

Only seven ahead of the drop zone.

Burton 8/1 for the top 6. Everyone was raving about them after their performance against us. Could they be the team who come out the pack and challenge the current top 7?
  • I prefer the 16/1 for Accrington to be relegated. They have been pumped by 3 goals in 3 of their last 5 matches.

Only seven ahead of the drop zone.

Burton 8/1 for the top 6. Everyone was raving about them after their performance against us Man City. Could they be the team who come out the pack and challenge the current top 7?

• Sponsored links:

• Bradford are 6/1 today! Not bad for the #1 form team in League One! Away at Barnsley today which is a toughie, but still overpriced.

Also a great way to get those odds up
  • Bradford are 6/1 today! Not bad for the #1 form team in League One! Away at Barnsley today which is a toughie, but still overpriced.

Barnsley not lost in the league at home all season tho
  • edited January 2019
    I like Carlisle, who have won their last five, away at Northampton at 2/1 today.
    Not much else about that attracts me.
    Small treble on Pompey, Mansfield and southend at just better than 4/1

Some tremendous value in those odds ;-)
  • Here's one for those who defend the morality of bookmakers.

Huddersfield are a best price 7,500/1 to win the Premier League this season - a dozen bookmakers including the likes of Bet365 and Betvictor are still offering odds on them to do so. For them to be crowned Champions they would have to win all of their last 16 matches (they've actually won 2 all season) and Liverpool would have to lose at least 14 of their last 16 games (they've lost 2 all season). But City would also have pick up no more than 10 points and Spurs no more than 12 for the rest of the season.

So, you've guessed it, it is mathematically impossible for Huddersfield to win the PL because someone above them will get more points than them. And yes I know that you would have to be mind boggling stupid to back Huddersfield. But that isn't the point as there are numerous other occasions when bookmakers offer odds on things that they know cannot happen that aren't, at first glance, in any way reflective of the outcome.

• Here's one for those who defend the morality of bookmakers.

Huddersfield are a best price 7,500/1 to win the Premier League this season - a dozen bookmakers including the likes of Bet365 and Betvictor are still offering odds on them to do so. For them to be crowned Champions they would have to win all of their last 16 matches (they've actually won 2 all season) and Liverpool would have to lose at least 14 of their last 16 games (they've lost 2 all season). But City would also have pick up no more than 10 points and Spurs no more than 12 for the rest of the season.

So, you've guessed it, it is mathematically impossible for Huddersfield to win the PL because someone above them will get more points than them. And yes I know that you would have to be mind boggling stupid to back Huddersfield. But that isn't the point as there are numerous other occasions when bookmakers offer odds on things that they know cannot happen that aren't, at first glance, in any way reflective of the outcome.

Absolutely.
    Mathematically, if every result was to go their way the best Huddersfield could finish is 4th
  • Actually, as it’s not possible for everyone to lose points because of playing each other, I believe everyone from Palace down cannot win the league.
  • Come to the conclusion I am genuinely useless at picking out football bets. Honestly couldn’t get any worse.

Did a 4 team accy with trebles and a banker single, and three of the four teams lost!
  • Ha. I tried my luck on betfair laying rather than backing.
    First attempt, didn't fancy Hendersons horse in the 2:10 Kempton.
    Layed it at 2.5.
    It won by five lengths.

If I had backed it, it would have lost by a country mile.
  • Rashford 5/2 anytime scored, 17/2 first scorer seems generous to me. So that's what I'll be losing money on this afternoon.