Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bond, James Bond

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Next big question is how they pick up the story. Re-boot or something else ?
  • Options
    Surely has to be a complete re-boot following how No Time to Die finished?
  • Options
    Ross said:
    It's being reported that Aaron-Taylor Johnson is set to be announced as the new Bond.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson chosen as next James Bond, reports say | Ents & Arts News | Sky News
    I'd be interested in seeing what he can do with the role. Thing is, no matter what we think of the new Bond casting, we won't have a clue what it really means until we see the vision of whoever is leading it. I think the Broccoli's have a bigger challenge finding a director/ producer with a vision more than they do finding a new actor.  
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Surely has to be a complete re-boot following how No Time to Die finished?
    Here we go again!

The Craig era was a reboot that took Bond from the start of his 007 career to the end of it. That was the end of that run of Bond. Previously, the producers have never really strung their films together beyond the odd reference or re-appearance of a character. This is why they are taking ages to come up with a new plan. They have painted themselves into a bit of a corner by making the Craig movies a series with continuity. 

The new Bond movie will either be the start of a brand new Bond journey over multiple films, or it will go back to being entirely standalone stuff with the likes of M, Q and Bond already established. The Craig series has finished. Although given that Judi Dench carried over from the Brosnan era, it's possible they might keep some of the actors, like Fiennes as M.

But I doubt it because they need to define quite clearly that it's a fresh start, as based on this thread alone, I am pretty sure people don't understand the concept of the Craig era. 
  • Options
    Just for fun its Russ Abbot as Basildon Bond  BOND VILLAINS
  • Options
    I reckon they'll do something set in the 60s, make it a bit different.
  • Options
    Q created : -

a) a bond robot and that got blown up.
    b) a shield to save him from the impact

everyone thinks bond is dead which makes it easier for him to be a spy

Simple!!!! 

I will gladly take over writing duties during the next Hollywood strike.

another option is that the the only reference is 007 and not a name. 
  • Options
    It's an Amazon property now so I imagine we could be looking at a continuing series, possibly a Slow Horses sort of thing, stand-alone episodes with some continuing story arc. 
  • Options
    I think that makes total sense, best way to have a fresh start. 
  • Options
    I think there could be a hint of the future Bond in the last film. The 007 number was passed on to Nomi in the last film when Bond went AWOL. Implies the 007 number can move between agents. Daniel Craig’s Bond is dead and a new agent inherits the number. Completely cuts ties with the backstory and wipes the slate clean. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 19
    JiMMy 85 said:

It's almost as if they're about to release their latest Bond film and the producers want to drum up interest in the franchise.
    Does that mean Bond can go back to being creepy with the woman as Connery was ? That would be interesting 
  • Options
    Ross said:
    It's being reported that Aaron-Taylor Johnson is set to be announced as the new Bond.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson chosen as next James Bond, reports say | Ents & Arts News | Sky News
    Interesting choice... Have liked him since seeing him in Kick-Ass

Didnt ever expect him to become James Bond though
  • Options
    One for the ladies ? 
  • Options
    Just seen that Goldfinger has now been given a 15 rating by the BBFC. Every so often they review the back catalogue and bring the rating up to date with today's standards. 

Ie, the scene in the hay barn with Pussy Galore (perhaps due an up rating because of her name 😆) it might now be construed as sexual coercion when JB pins her down & they kiss. 

I also saw recently that Mary Poppins got up rated from a U to a 12A due to language now not being of that time. Wasn't sure if they were just talking about Dick Van Dykes accent though....😂
  • Options
    edited March 19
    MrLargo said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

It's almost as if they're about to release their latest Bond film and the producers want to drum up interest in the franchise.
    Does that mean Bond can go back to being creepy with the woman as Connery was ? That would interesting 
    Could put 1960's Connery-style Bond into 2024 and see how he gets on with the ladies. First film of the reboot could start with Bond attending a work Christmas Drink's bash. We watch him as he uses his tried and tested methods of seduction on various birds from the office.

Then, "One Month Later", the next scene is in a meeting room at MI5 HQ. Bond is there, accompanied by his union rep. On the other side of the table, the villain of the film, the Head of HR (played by Anna Maxwell Martin, from last series of Line of Duty who investigated Hastings and kept using phrases like "malfeasance in public office"). Then the rest of the film is just one HR disciplinary after another, all resulting from his alleged behaviour at the Christmas party. 

Then we move to the end of the film, but how does it end?! Bond is dismissed for multiple counts of grievous misconduct and then, as he walks out of the building for the last time, the old bill are waiting to nick him for trying to re-enact his "getting a bit grabby in a barn with Honor Blackman in Goldfinger" moment with his next door neighbour. The last scene is the cell door being shut on him at Wormwood Scrubs.

OR

With his usual charm and charisma, Bond manages to seduce the Head of HR and lives to be lecherous another day. The last scene of the film is Bond in an orgy in the canteen at MI5, having a jolly good time with the 23 women who previously made allegations against at the Christmas party but have now subsequently withdrawn their complaints because nobody can resist the charms of this suave, sophisticated pervert.
    I'd definitely watch the first version. Maybe Alan Partridge playing bond with a Sean Connery chest Wig ? 
  • Options
    Ross said:

He was brilliant in Bullet Train, but I don't really see him as Bond, especially when Bond died in the last film.
    Oh, I dunno...ATJ using his Bullet Train persona to call everyone bell ends would be hilarious.

I can just imagine him as Bond saying to Blofeld..."For what it's worth, you seem like a right fckn asshole and I'm glad you're going to fckn die with me"
  • Options
    Not seen any of his work so will have no pre-conceptions which is good

Apropos of nothing, I see his missus is 24 years older than him
    Met when he was 18 and she was 42 and directing  Nowhere man
  • Options
    Bond in the 25th Century.  Roger Moore just never did space justice...
  • Options
    Having just finished The Gentlemen tv series of they haven’t at least approached Theo James then they’re mad, he’d be perfect.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If they are smart, they will go with some even younger (in age) Bond films/series, see how the audience takes to the reboot and if positive, bring a few of the old Fleming titles back into play, albeit the tone will be adapted for today’s audience. 

The Craig series proved that even in recycling some of the characters and bits of story, you can make for a very decent series of movies which can be appreciated on a standalone basis.

I liked Craig’s era for its grittiness, so hope that is maintained at the very least. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Not seen any of his work so will have no pre-conceptions which is good

Apropos of nothing, I see his missus is 24 years older than him
    Met when he was 18 and she was 42 and directing  Nowhere man
     She's a bit of an old griffer tbh.
    Not sure James Bond would have a sniff
  • Options
    Roger Moore was 13 years younger than his first wife Dorothy Squires.
  • Options
    In the original books there were some connected to SMERSH/SPECTRE (The big global conspiracy type stuff) but also some that were "villain of the week" types, gangsters and more "individual" villains.

Maybe instead of the everything is connected, continuity heavy version a la Craig they can have a more Indiana Jones type approach where there are some recurring characters but less of an overall mythos that you need to watch in a certain order.
  • Options
    I’m assuming that whoever gets the next Bond gig will be signed up for a minimum of four films. That alone lends itself to a continuity, up to a point of storyline. Yes stand alone stories and villains but bound within a matrix of overarching story. That’s my guess. 
  • Options
    I think Hollywood is leaning into the whole continuity concept within a series of films nowadays after how successful the first Marvel stage was so really expect that to be the case, though I'm not sure if that is necessarily the best way forward for Bond at this point.
  • Options
    I liked Craig’s era for its grittiness, so hope that is maintained at the very least. 
    So you wouldn't be happy if the next Bond villain was a former 007s long lost twin brother, Benoit Blanc?