Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bond, James Bond

Comments

• Options
    I am not to surprised really, Cinema tickets are what £15 each.

So even if its say just an average family say, Mum, Dad and 2 kids thats what about say £40 for tickets, watch it at home for £20 and thats half the revenue gone already, add to that if you have a neighbour and there wife over to watch it as well(socially distanced of course) but thats another £30 the cinema would lose that would count towards the £20 you paid.

Our neighbour's telly is so fucking big we watch it from over the road - social distancing at it's finest!
  • Options
    It’s worth noting that studios take around 95% of ticket revenue. Cinema chains pretty much only make money out of the ridiculously marked up confectionary. So I can totally see why cinema chains feel abandoned by the studios, who are keeping their powder dry while the chains drown. 

I wonder what’ll happen when this is over and the studios want to release their content again - will the old chains be there to release them, or will new cinemas need to appear? Will the studios finally overturn the 1950 Paramount Act, and start their own chains that exclusively show their content? That’s what apps are doing anyway... 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    It's now just rather outdated and probably needs to end soon.

It's always best to know when to stop. 

Then the old films can just be reflected on and still be an enjoyment to watch.

It's getting too much.

It's now just some repetitive shit.

Don't get this 

It's always been repetitive, that's it's strength.

It's one of, if not THE, most successful and longest running franchises ever.

The films and Bonds reflect the eras they come from.

The Bourne films changed Bond imho from the slightly camp tonque in cheek version back to the hard nosed brutal cold blooded Bond of the books but with travelogues thrown in.

The films have been good or indifferent but it's always a Bond movie.

I'll be going to see this one at the pictures when it comes out.
    My sister works for Universal and saw the film a while ago. She said it’s brilliant.
    Was talking to her earlier and she said the security around the tapes of the film is ridiculous. They’re shitting themselves that a copy gets out before release and is made available illegally, which could cost them a fortune. 

They’ve stopped working on it and sending it to the various regions to limit the amount of copies in existence.
  • Options
    I think you will also see more independent cinemas setting up, I have been to Catford Mews twice now.

Star Wars when it was first released and some film the other week for Kellys birthday.

IMO its so much better in there than an Odeon or Cineworld, less seats but more comfortable(when I have gone it hasnt been packed either) and ticket prices are cheaper, it was £9.50 a ticket for a non memeber I think
  • Options
    kafka said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    It’s worth noting that studios take around 95% of ticket revenue. Cinema chains pretty much only make money out of the ridiculously marked up confectionary. So I can totally see why cinema chains feel abandoned by the studios, who are keeping their powder dry while the chains drown. 

I wonder what’ll happen when this is over and the studios want to release their content again - will the old chains be there to release them, or will new cinemas need to appear? Will the studios finally overturn the 1950 Paramount Act, and start their own chains that exclusively show their content? That’s what apps are doing anyway... 
    I'm an owner of a cinema circuit (as some of you know) so well placed to comment on this. We keep c 50% of film revenues actually but the secondary spend on food is important, For us, that's not only popcorn but fresh pizzas, burgers, cocktails etc. This is a torrid time but we are determined to see it through. there's a great slate waiting to happen in 2021. 
    Wow is it that much? That's why more than I've read in the past. I really hope you pull through! 

I think you will also see more independent cinemas setting up, I have been to Catford Mews twice now.

Star Wars when it was first released and some film the other week for Kellys birthday.

IMO its so much better in there than an Odeon or Cineworld, less seats but more comfortable(when I have gone it hasnt been packed either) and ticket prices are cheaper, it was £9.50 a ticket for a non memeber I think
    Generally agree, but there's nowhere more comfortable than an Odeon Luxe right now! Excellent value if you have a membership card. 
  • Options
    kafka said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

I'm an owner of a cinema circuit (as some of you know) so well placed to comment on this. We keep c 50% of film revenues actually but the secondary spend on food is important, For us, that's not only popcorn but fresh pizzas, burgers, cocktails etc. This is a torrid time but we are determined to see it through. there's a great slate waiting to happen in 2021. 

What's a "cinema circuit"?
  • Options
    kafka said:
    Which one? In case it's possible to use on of yours sometime. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    kafka said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

Wow is it that much? That's why more than I've read in the past. I really hope you pull through! 

Generally agree, but there's nowhere more comfortable than an Odeon Luxe right now! Excellent value if you have a membership card. 
    I think Showcase cinemas are definitely the most comfortable.
    Reclining soft leather seats are the way to go.  B)
  • Options
    Didn't a bloke get killed in one of them Odeon seats? Never happened at the ABC Catford. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty sure it’s just part of the plot. Bond is away and her character is given the 007 title. 
  • Options
    Pretty sure it’s just part of the plot. Bond is away and her character is given the 007 title. 
    Exactly. 007 was just Bond's service number. Now it's been passed on to a different agent. It's really not at all as big a deal as people make it seem.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Exactly. 007 was just Bond's service number. Now it's been passed on to a different agent. It's really not at all as big a deal as people make it seem.
    Yup, she’s 007...not James Bond
  • Options
    If shes not replacing Bond then they could've given her 006, 008, 009..........
  • Options
    *** Possible spoiler alert ****

In the new film, I think Bond has retired, to Jamaica. If so, why would she not be able to be the new 007? (But not the new James Bond). I did read somewhere that Bond had married Madeline Swann and they had a child, but there is a lot of mis-information out there. Guess we just need to wait until they can show the new film.
  • Options
    Delayed again.
    Oct 2021.
  • Options
    I've never heard of this guy or seen him in anything, but he's supposed to be the favourite to be the new Bond. Would he be a good choice?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I've never heard of this guy or seen him in anything, but he's supposed to be the favourite to be the new Bond. Would he be a good choice?
    I’ve not him in anything either but he certainly looks the part. 

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Not from what I’ve seen. But then I’m not a fan of Daniel Craig as Bond and a lot of people really like him.
  • Options
    He was in Bridgerton. 

Thought he was
    ok and would probably do well in an action role. 
  • Options
    Not for me, I reckon Michael Fassbender would be the best 
  • Options
    He was also in the Roots remake 
  • Options
    Thought he was good in bridgerton, had a few boxing scenes in that where he showed got the muscles to make a decent go at an action role. Can almost certainly raise one eyebrow at a time for those yearning after a Roger Moore style bond. 

Wouldn’t be a bad choice at all imo. 
  • Options
    As long as they don’t mess with the “traditional” characteristics associated with Bond like his very Britishness and in a sense being “old fashioned” then I think Rege would sit quite well in the role.
  • Options
    It's almost as if they're about to release their latest Bond film and the producers want to drum up interest in the franchise.
  • Options
    fair enough .. I expect Vinnie Jones to be cast as the main character in a remake of 'Shaft'
    Plenty of precedents when casting Othello.