Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

According to Sky, the Bin Dippers are seven points clear of their nearest rivals Man City.

Like seriously?! Are Tottenham fucking invisible?

And it seems to escaped everyone's notice that Spurs have got 12 home games left and only 7 away. That is a massive advantage.

The sense of entitlement from the Wall Pushers knows no bounds.

Outrageous advantage to Spurs - shouldn't be allowed, worse than having more days between games over the Christmas period ;-)

Seriously, it would be nice to see one of the lesser teams win the league - 58 years is a long time!

But I really want to see Liverpool win it for the next three seasons, just to stop the deluded Mancs singing twenty times, twenty times over and over again.

All football fans are myopic, Liverpool are no worse than Manure, Arsenal, Spurs, et al. Not a great fan of Liverpool supporters but I have a soft spot for the club being the age I am and the history with Shankly, Paisley and co during my formative years.

• Options
    Jan 3rd, Red Scousers v Blue Mancs whilst not a title deciding fixture will go some way in defining who will win it, as a neutral I look forward to that one, I still think City will win it purely because of their squad strength and cover in most of the positions. It is though a great competition this season with both Spurs and Chelsea awaiting a slip up or two.
  • Options

Jan 3rd, Red Scousers v Blue Mancs whilst not a title deciding fixture will go some way in defining who will win it, as a neutral I look forward to that one, I still think City will win it purely because of their squad strength and cover in most of the positions. It is though a great competition this season with both Spurs and Chelsea awaiting a slip up or two.

Chelsea will need a slip up or 4.
    Cant honestly see Chelsea getting 12 more points than Liverpool in the 2nd half of the season
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

According to Sky, the Bin Dippers are seven points clear of their nearest rivals Man City.

And it seems to escaped everyone's notice that Spurs have got 12 home games left and only 7 away. That is a massive advantage.

It's probably a reflection on the fact you still have to go away to City, Liverpool and Chelsea, will lose Son for a month, and probably don't have as good a squad as City and Liverpool.

Outside of the league, you've got 2 tough league semi final matches, plus the champions league re-starting, and you can't really rest many players whereas the other top 2 sides can.

I've got a few mates who support Spurs and i'd like to see you win it but you're 8/1 for a reason.
  • Options

Chelsea will need a slip up or 4.
    Cant honestly see Chelsea getting 12 more points than Liverpool in the 2nd half of the season
    Agreed - Liverpool, Man City and Spurs are the only teams with a chance of winning the title.
  • Options
    Will Spurs have an advantage when they go “back” to their new ground?
  • Options

Will Spurs have an advantage when they go “back” to their new ground?

Well it'll surely be more of an advantage playing in front of 60k fans in your home stadium where the fans are going to be tight to the pitch, than playing in front of 40-50k at Wembley
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Outrageous advantage to Spurs - shouldn't be allowed, worse than having more days between games over the Christmas period ;-)

Seriously, it would be nice to see one of the lesser teams win the league - 58 years is a long time!

But I really want to see Liverpool win it for the next three seasons, just to stop the deluded Mancs singing twenty times, twenty times over and over again.

All football fans are myopic, Liverpool are no worse than Manure, Arsenal, Spurs, et al. Not a great fan of Liverpool supporters but I have a soft spot for the club being the age I am and the history with Shankly, Paisley and co during my formative years.

I totally agree that it should never have been allowed and I'm surprised not more is being made of it.

But it is one huge advantage.
  • Options

I want Spurs to win it

The only way I would be happy for Liverpool to win it, would be if they remain unbeaten.

I am so sick of Arsenal fans talking about the invincibles, if another Prem team does it they might stop going on

True but Liverpool fans will no doubt be alot worse! they still talk about Champions league, also when they used to dominate. They are relentless and would be alot worse to take imo

@JohnBoyUK thats a shame, we will bump into each other one day lol Sissoko has been nothing short of amazing all season, really impressed and never used to rate him. Dier , not really a fan and plays too negative, Winks is class and will only get better moves the ball around how people should. Future looks good for spurs at the mo, sorry to say i still prefer Arsenal (dad, also i used to go when younger pre Charlton) used to hate spurs , but now as been a few times and best mates are spurs i dont dislike them as much anymore.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

bobmunro said:

JohnBoyUK said:

I totally agree that it should never have been allowed and I'm surprised not more is being made of it.

But it is one huge advantage.
    Isnt it because of the new Stadium not being ready so games had to be shifted?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would love to see Liverpool do it, my older brother is a Liverpool fan and I 'supported' them until I saw the light after being taken down The Valley.
  • Options
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11592435/ref-watch-was-mohamed-salahs-liverpool-penalty-call-right?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Dermot Gallagher has said it WAS a pen

Sorry am I watching a different thing, never a pen for me

I am sure @JohnBoyUK will love reading this haha
  • Options
    West Ham only name 6 subs tonight. Wouldn't catch us having to do that...
  • Options

West Ham only name 6 subs tonight. Wouldn't catch us having to do that...

Universal credit always a problem around Christmas.
  • Options

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11592435/ref-watch-was-mohamed-salahs-liverpool-penalty-call-right?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Dermot Gallagher has said it WAS a pen

Sorry am I watching a different thing, never a pen for me

I am sure @JohnBoyUK will love reading this haha

Precedent set then. No other PL player can be banned for diving then if thats allowed.

Have just seen Unai Emery has been charged for kicking a bottle. You watch the FA give him a one match touchline ban, taking him out of the Liverpool game.

Conspiracy.
  • Options
    Emery has until 2 Jan to respond to the charge so if he does get a ban it'll probably be for their FA Cup match
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Super Clives belgian half brother is starting for Wolves today for the 1st time
  • Options
    Matt Ryan away with Australia so ex CAFC keeper David Button in goal for Brighton today
  • Options
    Spurs on fire at the moment.

Creeping up on Liverpool very quickly ......
  • Options

Spurs score 6 on Sunday
    Spurs score 5 on Wednesday

Wolves panicking

Given your predictive powers of late...

Full time score: Spurs 0-1 Wolves
    Hmmmmmmmm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Spurs score 6 on Sunday
    Spurs score 5 on Wednesday

Wolves panicking

Given your predictive powers of late...

Full time score: Spurs 0-1 Wolves
    Hmmmmmmmm
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Think we should call this the Paulie curse
  • Options
    Oh now it’s just funny.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Liverpool are gonna win it ain’t they. Fucking hell!
  • Options

Spurs on fire at the moment.

Creeping up on Liverpool very quickly ......

I wish the system would let you LOL at your own earlier posts.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

No, just Spursy.
  • Options
    Arsenal will turn the title on it's head by winning at Liverpool.

You heard it here first
  • Options

You heard it here first

Not with that lineup they won't.
  • Options
    And there we have it, desperately disappointing performance in the 3rd game in only 6 days. Looked ok first half but absolutely no surprise they were quicker to the ball all over the pitch second half. Too many injuries to rotate at centre mid with Dembele, Dier and Wanyama out.

Wolves were magnificent second half and were worthy winners. Got what they deserved after they were a bit unlucky against us in the return game in November.

The advantage Man City and Liverpool have over the festive period with 4 extra rest days is massive as I alluded to a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options

You heard it here first

Not with that lineup they won't.
    Sorry what did you say