Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• I know people are saying Solskjaer is too inexperienced, but the way he's got them playing he should be in the mix for the job

I said on the Mourinho thread I would love him to get the job full time
  • Spurs fans will be as pleased with these results as anyone. Those Pochettino rumours have disappeared fast

United look ridiculous going forward. Still shaky at the back though.
  • Shit for brains by Hojbjerg for Southampton.
    3-1 down with 8 minutes left and he jumps into a high tackle with studs showing and clears out Fernandinho. Red card and 3 matches, crazy.

It's almost as if he just wanted to spend the New Year back home in Denmark!
    Danny Mills springs to mind.
  • I know people are saying Solskjaer is too inexperienced, but the way he's got them playing he should be in the mix for the job

3.0 now
    3-1.
  • Burnley 1 win in last 12 games before today.

Drop Joe Hart and bring back Heaton
    Burnley 2-0 West Ham after 35 minutes

Heaton's first start for 467 days. So, Burnley, when Nick Pope is fit will have Heaton, Hart, Pope and Anders Lindegaard.
    Given Steer's possible departure perhaps we could ask Burnley to lend us one of them!
    Pope Close to being fit as well
    Played for under 23s last week.

Hart will soon find himself 3rd choice, but who is 1st choice a fully fit Pope or Heaton
    And yet I believe Hart has made more saves than any other PL keeper.
  • Shit for brains by Hojbjerg for Southampton.
    3-1 down with 8 minutes left and he jumps into a high tackle with studs showing and clears out Fernandinho. Red card and 3 matches, crazy.

It's almost as if he just wanted to spend the New Year back home in Denmark!
    Danny Mills springs to mind.
    Bowyer too. Missed 8 Boxing Day games in his career
  • Be interesting to see how Solskjaer does when he comes up against the top six

Heaton's first start for 467 days. So, Burnley, when Nick Pope is fit will have Heaton, Hart, Pope and Anders Lindegaard.
    Given Steer's possible departure perhaps we could ask Burnley to lend us one of them!
    Wasn't Heaton expected to leave in the window? Him playing again rather complicates matters!
  • Be interesting to see how Solskjaer does when he comes up against the top six

Exactly. Solksjaer couldn't have asked for 3 better games, Cardiff, Huddersfield and then a Bournemouth side who just got beat 5-0 by Spurs. Newcastle away on Tuesday will be a bigger test and then after the FA Cup they have Spurs away
  • Sadio Mane has been cleared by the FA to play for Liverpool against Man City after the incident with him and Lichtsteiner on Saturday...
  • Sponsored links:

• 18 months ago Michael Keane looked sensational at times and was a shoo-in for England, looks a shadow of himself lately, another mistake today.

Didn’t have Vardy down as a backflip celebration kind of guy. Must have got his kids a trampoline for Christmas.
  • Lovely goal from Eriksen for Spurs 2nd, little shift of the ball to send 2 defenders and the keeper one way, then fired back to the near post. Couldn’t move quick enough to get back to it.
    Spurs now 3-0 after 25 minutes
  • Cardiff fans jeering Kane at 3-0 down is the most Welsh thing I’ve ever seen.
  • Considering they’ve faced 5 of the top 6 in their last 8 games, 8 points for Southampton is a decent return.
  • United just 6 points off 4th now.
  • edited January 2019
    Good to see Stephens scoring for Brighton with a good technic through a crowded penalty area against the squatters.
  • Good to see Stevens scoring for Brighton with a good technic through a crowded penalty area against the squatters.

Stephens - Sorry, i wont normally correct someone but a former player of ours we should know it :)
  • Good to see Stevens scoring for Brighton with a good technic through a crowded penalty area against the squatters.

Stephens - Sorry, i wont normally correct someone but a former player of ours we should know it :)
    Saves me from doing it, plus have yourself a "like"

Saves me from doing it, plus have yourself a "like"
    ooohhhh 'Fwiend' :smile: haha

Thank you for pointing out my spelling mistake, ever since Dale Stephens went back up north to be nearer his family, I deleted him from memory.
  • Sponsored links:

• I found it very interesting watching the attacking and no defending in the Bournemouth v Watford game in the 1st half last night. Because of injuries, Stanislaus played as a wing back ?

That's what the commentator said at the beginning but he did the attacking bit fine but didn't seem to bother with the defending part of being a wing back !

6 goals and two dummies for Fraser's 3rd goal was enjoyable for the neutral.
  • I found it very interesting watching the attacking and no defending in the Bournemouth v Watford game in the 1st half last night. Because of injuries, Stanislaus played as a wing back ?

That's what the commentator said at the beginning but he did the attacking bit fine but didn't seem to bother with the defending part of being a wing back !

6 goals and two dummies for Fraser's 3rd goal was enjoyable for the neutral.

Troy Deeney's post match comments were enjoyably outspoken too!
  • Was at the Newcastle game last night with some non delusional Newcastle fans. Have to great bunch of supporters and a magnificent stadium (unless you are an away fan).
  • New year Day at Workington v Stalybridge. Bit of a contrast !!

Wasn't Heaton expected to leave in the window? Him playing again rather complicates matters!
    Pope is fit for selection for Burnley's Cup game. Dyche has said that he is in contention to play and that none of the keepers need to go out on loan unless they want to get game time. Three England keepers and none of those will want to be 3rd choice at Burnley so which one is going?
  • I don't have Sky and out tonight anyway, anyone know if there is someway later to watch recorded highlights of the Man. City - Liverpool game?

Pope is fit for selection for Burnley's Cup game. Dyche has said that he is in contention to play and that none of the keepers need to go out on loan unless they want to get game time. Three England keepers and none of those will want to be 3rd choice at Burnley so which one is going?
    Surely given his age you'd expect them to keep Pope and get rid of one of the other 2.

None will want to be second choice either!

Burnley 1 win in last 12 games before today.

Surely given his age you'd expect them to keep Pope and get rid of one of the other 2.
    None of them are old though, Heaton is 32, Hart 31, they've got years ahead of them

All 3 are good traditional keepers, I don't think any of them are that good with their feet and distribution though which seems to be essential at the top clubs now
  • Potential game of the season tonight
  • Anybody got a tip about a stream?