Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Superb turn and change of foot by Trent Arnold to put it on a plate for Robertson to knock on for Firmino.
  • Options

Such a shame Robertson isn't english. He is class

Not according to Tony Watt. But then Robertson will be able to show Watt his medals when they both retire and Watt can reciprocate by showing Robertson the number of FIFA football games he's won.
  • Options

Not according to Tony Watt. But then Robertson will be able to show Watt his medals when they both retire and Watt can reciprocate by showing Robertson the number of FIFA football games he's won.
    I prefer his film reviews
  • Options

He literally just tweeted how well he has been playing!
  • Options
    I read Watt’s tweet as saying, in a slightly odd way, that he thought Robertson was playing well.
    He says Lovren is the only shit defender as opposed to the other three, then he puts a little flame emoji after the comment about Robertson, which suggests he thinks he’s ‘on fire’.
    Maybe it’s just me, but could he have used describing Robertson as a ‘joke’ to be a positive?

• Options
    I'd say that its a joke how on fire Robertson has been today
  • Options
    Oh i just read it as a compliment. Fair, can see how it's a bit confusing.
  • Options
    Proper game of football that, so much quality
  • Options
    Lovren is absolute trash, if Gomez played today they win that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He literally just tweeted how well he has been playing!
    I think you're right. I misunderstood Watt. But then he has been "misunderstood" all his playing career.
  • Options
    Terrific game between 2 great teams. Thought City showed why they are Champions tonight. deserving winners in my view.
  • Options
    Citeeee worth the win on the night, more class and composure allied to expert goal scoring .. makes for an interesting remainder of the season
  • Options
    What a game.
    Sooo good when they live up to the hype.
  • Options
    Only maybe 2 other players in the world can play that Fernandinho role as well as he does.
  • Options
    Good result to keep the league interesting
  • Options
    anyone but spurs

or liverpool

did palace really beat Man City up there ffs

what a game , there was one point john stones turned like the qe2 and was running in quick sand and salah ghosted past him and that keeper tried to fumble salahs slightly mishit shot .

proper heart attacks , come on city
  • Options
    In hindsight I think that Klopp probably missed a trick tonight because this game was almost one where Liverpool could afford to give it a good go especially as City have been so vulnerable recently at the back - they haven't kept a clean sheet for 12 games.

Instead, the prospect of maintaining a 7 point gap by getting a draw meant that he went for a midfield made up of ball winners (Fabinho has been superb recently and is a better player in that position than both Milner and Henderson) who were overshadowed by City and in particular Fernandinho.

Still think Liverpool will nick it and that the Mahrez penalty miss which cost City 3 points might end up being the difference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not sure I understand the general clamour for Man City to turn Liverpool over.

Over the last 10 years City have received an incredible £1.3bn financing from their owner and spent a net £906m on player purchases

Me too. Liverpool and Klopp have had to be a lot more patient. I'm hoping they do it. That said I like Peps city. Just pleased United have fallen like a sack of sh!t
  • Options

Over the last 10 years City have received an incredible £1.3bn financing from their owner and spent a net £906m on player purchases

I make it that Liverpool have spent on players £860m in the last decade so not a lot between the two. Liverpool would have recouped more through sales over that period.

It would be good if we had some of that money because it might serve to buy us a bit of success. Instead we are a Club who sold our best prospect of the last decade for peanuts - to Liverpool.
  • Options
    Have to admit to being very pleased with ManUre performance post Fergie but especially special to see the Special One lose it again.

Initially was a fan but that went out the window big time just before he started to lose his players at Chelsea.
  • Options
    Liverpool still big favourites for me.

4 point advantage and of the bigger clubs they only have to play Chelsea and Spurs at home and United away.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

You obviously don't know enough southern scousers , far too many for my liking , need to keep them quiet .

Don't know any city fans

I really like Klopp though
  • Options

Because I grew up hating Liverpool in the 80s and Man U in the 90s. Man City winning the league pisses them both off.
  • Options

Very impressed with Bernardo Silva tonight. Run around like a lunatic when City don’t have the ball. Not what his game is known for but it’s what his team need.

Covered more ground than any player has in a prem game this season
  • Options

Not sure I understand the general clamour for Man City to turn Liverpool over

Forget the football, forget the money, its because of their insufferable supporters, especially when they come up with bullshit like this...

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-reactions-take-a-bow-liverpool-fan-starts-petition-to-review-the-goal-line-technology-20190104

They love a petition more than they love a minutes silence now.