Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Hands around the neck is a red surely!
    Guess the ref didn’t see it but no mention of it from commentary
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Arsenal will turn the title on it's head by winning at Liverpool.

You heard it here first

Not with that lineup they won't.
    Sorry what did you say
    13 minutes played

And Liverpool still odds on
  • Options
    Anything now @blackpool72
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

And there we have it, desperately disappointing performance in the 3rd game in only 6 days. Looked ok first half but absolutely no surprise they were quicker to the ball all over the pitch second half. Too many injuries to rotate at centre mid with Dembele, Dier and Wanyama out.

Wolves were magnificent second half and were worthy winners. Got what they deserved after they were a bit unlucky against us in the return game in November.

The advantage Man City and Liverpool have over the festive period with 4 extra rest days is massive as I alluded to a couple of weeks ago.

City and Liverpool only have extra rest because their new years game against each other was pushed back for live tv.

One thing that Liverpool do seem to have the edge on though is injuries, their key players never seem to miss a game. They have 7 players who've featured in at least 18 of their 20 league games.
  • Options
    And thats how to respond
  • Options

Anything now @blackpool72

15 minutes played
  • Options
    Nothing to say now though 😂😂
  • Options
    Great 2nd goal for Liverpool.
  • Options
    WOW what a goal Firmino
  • Options
    This Arsenal defence is a shambles, Liverpool will get at least 4 or 5 today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Beautiful goal from Firmino... always see those as better than the finishes like what Barnsley scored today as they're less about luck / power and more about placement
  • Options
    Well this is really turning into Klopp's favour

One more and he can start to look ahead to Thursday (?)
  • Options
    There is a very good reason I am almost bottom in the prediction thread.
  • Options

Beautiful goal from Firmino... always see those as better than the finishes like what Barnsley scored today as they're less about luck / power and more about placement

To be fair Firmino didn’t have to play against the quality defence and midfield cover that the Barnsley players had to deal with
  • Options
    Why are the arsenal players questioning the pen?
  • Options
    Out of sight and no one is catching them.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Out of sight and no one is catching them.

I thought your lot had a chance but after today maybe not.
  • Options

Arsenal will turn the title on it's head by winning at Liverpool. You heard it here first

When are we being taken over again? Just wanna know what you think so I can rule it out. ;-)

• Options
    Liverpool were losing to Arsenal. Spurs were winning against Wolves. Two very good sides but the reaction to their respective situations today and respective strength in depth sums up why the former will probably win the PL this season and the other definitely won't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Liverpool’s to lose now.

Unpopular opinion but I’m happy with that. They haven’t won it in my lifetime so there’s the novelty factor. Plus I really like Klopp as a bloke and his team will always play exciting football.

I’d MUCH rather Liverpool won it rather than City, United or Chelsea.
  • Options

Liverpool’s to lose now.

Unpopular opinion but I’m happy with that. They haven’t won it in my lifetime so there’s the novelty factor. Plus I really like Klopp as a bloke and his team will always play exciting football.

I think that opinion is more popular than a noisy minority would have you think
  • Options
    If Liverpool avoid defeat at City then i think the title race is over. Just don't see how City will make up the points on a side who've only dropped 6 points all season.
  • Options
    Oh and there’d be a PL winners medal for Joe Gomez. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Aboubakar Kamara may never play for Fulham again, just heard Claudio Ranieri interview after the game, he said Kamara taking the ball off Mitrovic for the penalty
    Disrespected Mitrovic
    Disrespected him
    Disrespected the fans
    I have never heard Ranieri so angry in an interview
    Oh he also said he wanted to kill him
  • Options

Oh and there’d be a PL winners medal for Joe Gomez. :-)

And Daisy inserted a clause that if Liverpool won the title, we’d get an extra £20m

Well maybe :wink:
  • Options
    I'm pleased that Michael Oliver used common sense and didn't send Xhaka off for two yellows in 5 seconds.
    If Xhaka is that keen to go to a new years party he will get himself booked in 2nd half.
  • Options
    Liverpool are on another planet. Shaqiri doesnt look like the same Shaqiri who played at Stoke. They're an absolute joy to watch in this form. The bastards.
  • Options
    I reckon this could finish 4.4